Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I wonder if she'll reveal some lyrics before the album drops.. like she did with 1989, Lover, 1989TV and Midnights

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I have high hopes for this album. After all the albums i've listened being underwhelming except for Eternal Sunshine, I cant wait to hear TTPD. Another AOTY incoming ?

• Like 1

not the fake insider clocking us... it's (down) bad, we really need something from Taylor now, especially since Bey dropped already

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, fab said:

I think signed CDs were kind of a folklore / evermore thing because of all the free time she had during lockdowns. I doubt she'll do it for TTPD (at least not the kind of volume she did for folkmore) 

I think she signed more for Midnights tbh 

She sold signed versions of all the 4 covers in both CD & vinyl :gaycat6:

13 minutes ago, Teneo said:

The way this thread is 10% music discourse posts, 20% different cover meme'd gifs spammed, 10% posts talking about the variant announcements, 40% rankings, 20% discussions about one singular person. 

And now we have group tags when a certain someone posts. 

Change the title to 'Taylor Swift - The Tortured Fans Department / Teneo Base' at this point. Do you want me to provide my posts in 4 colored variants too? Y'all never gave this **** to the "she's releasing a documentary talking about folkmore and the rerecordings", "the everson buckingham palace sessions" or the "enchanted mv coming in july" foretellers. 

Post Malone

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Teneo said:

The way this thread is 10% music discourse posts, 20% different cover meme'd gifs spammed, 10% posts talking about the variant announcements, 40% rankings, 20% discussions about one singular person. 

Change the title to 'Taylor Swift - The Tortured Fans Department / Teneo Base' at this point. Do you want me to provide my posts in 4 colored variants too? Y'all never gave this **** to the "she's releasing a documentary talking about folkmore and the rerecordings", "the everson buckingham palace sessions" or the "enchanted mv coming in july" foretellers. 

Post Malone

Oh baby don't think so highly of yourself

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

For what it's worth, the other "leakers" never took themselves nearly as serious, so they weren't nearly as fun to have fun with - and nor were their secret song titles nearly as engaging as yours (I mean, who could possibly resist Tonight, We Cross Kern OR Killer Kern :ryan3:). Finally, I don't think anyone was ever teasing an "everson buckingham palace sessions" 

• Haha 4

for real tho, when the album drops I will remember and cherish the time of this thread where the only thing we had was fake tea from @Teneo. The way those few random titles gave us so many GAGS :dies: I wish Taylor was aware of what's going on here and kiii with us

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Teneo said:

Post Malone

I only want to know when TS12 is coming. :ducky:

1 minute ago, Fama said:

Sit back because it isn't happening for a while. Rep and Debut TVs are going to be released first.

Well, are you not entertained, then?

As I said previously, having a laugh, doubting, making fun, etc, I don't have a problem with. At the end of the day, I really cannot be bothered because facts always speak for themselves and I'm still here. For me, crossing the line it's when you are being followed to other threads, when members are actively looking to check where you work so they can fire you, doing group taggings. That's not nice and I hope that stops soon. I also get a vocal following in here, but then people keep asking stuff privately. Like think of it this way: if you think the info is legit then you can anticipate stuff, know existence of other songs, etc. If you think it's not accurate, then it's as easy to either have fun with it (in a respectful way) or simply ignore it. But please, do not cross certain lines or engage in the behaviour described above. In the 1989 thread I had one member quoting me everytime, PM me insulting me, etc, only for them to ask me to forgive them as the 2 things I said about that rerecording turned out to be real. 

I hope you guys understand that one thing is to either doubt someone or have a quick laugh in a music forum, and another is to actively seek to inflict harm on others. Outside of that, all's fair in love and poultry.

6 minutes ago, Fama said:

I didn't even know this album was finished, or that it existed as it is, until she announced it :giraffe: 

You can't make us rank this time Teneo, we'll all get WPs 

:khalyan2:

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Teneo said:

I didn't even know this album was finished, or that it existed as it is, until she announced it :giraffe: 

I'm manifesting.

victory-hand_270c-fe0f.png

1 hour ago, EndofASadMovie said:

A potential swiftie and a Naruto fan? Taste

Thank you! :)  I love to see an overlap in between the two on here!

Also thank you to everyone for the welcome messages! I've been lurking for a while so it's nice to finally be able to participate in discussions. Haha.

• Like 1

Well, personally I prefer a "comma" title. You're On Your Own, Kid is right there. Tonight, We Cross Kern is coming as a masterpiece, I can feel it :jonnycat:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Teneo said:

Don't forget 5% reporting people for off-topic

spacer.png

• Haha 4

That poster that was hyped for So Long, London and Florida. Haven't you realized that all of her tracks titled after a place are of questionable quality? Not counting Cornelia Steet, like

Welcome To New York

London Boy

Paris

Coney Island (this one is just a snoozefest hurt by its placement in the tracklist)

Carolina

At least it's not as bad as her songs named after women. Like I'm not sure how you can anticipate Clara Bow with a track record like this...

Mary's Song

Betty

Marjorie

Diarrhea

When Emma Covers Drops of Jupiter

Me! (aka Taylor Swift)

If I were Clara's grandchildren I would have been scared the moment she called and said "you know what, I'm going to close my album with a song titled after your granny!". On top of that, 3 of her 4 pop records have her worst album closers ever. All odds are against miss Clara. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Teneo said:

That poster that was hyped for So Long, London and Florida. Haven't you realized that all of her tracks titled after a place are of questionable quality? Not counting Cornelia Steet, like

Welcome To New York

London Boy

Paris

Coney Island (this one is just a snoozefest hurt by its placement in the tracklist)

Carolina

At least it's not as bad as her songs named after women. Like I'm not sure how you can anticipate Clara Bow with a track record like this...

Mary's Song

Betty

Marjorie

Diarrhea

When Emma Covers Drops of Jupiter

Me! (aka Taylor Swift)

If I were Clara's grandchildren I would have been scared the moment she called and said "you know what, I'm going to close my album with a song titled after your granny!". On top of that, 3 of her 4 pop records have her worst album closers ever. All odds are against miss Clara. 

girl yes, but when is she announcing the next variant?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Well, personally I prefer a "comma" title. You're On Your Own, Kid is right there. Tonight, We Cross Kern is coming as a masterpiece, I can feel it :jonnycat:

Killer, Kern 

• Haha 3

Just now, 1989 said:

Killer, Kern 

Tonight, We Cross Kern… Killer Kern, the Elusive River!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huh? Her standard album closers have been some of the best of her career:

Our Song 

Change 

Long Live!!!

Begin Again

Clean!!!

New Year's Day

Daylight

Hoax!!!

Evermore!!!

Mastermind

Change is cute, just not on the level of some of the others. The only two I don't care for are New Year's Day and Daylight. 

Daylight, New Year's Day and Mastermind are putrid, sorry. And that's 3 our of her 4 pop albums. All of her other closers are among the best songs in their respective albums. But those three were a misfire.

Reputation should have ended at CIWYW, she should have closed Lover with Afterglow and Dear Reader should have closed standard Midnights. And while we're at it, the entire second half of Midnights is a ******* mess. Question, **** Nothing and Mastermind should have been bonus tracks and Glitch, WCS and Dear Reader should have made the original tracklist. The Great War is good as a bonus track opener so we'll leave it at that.

And I forgot about Labyrinth. That **** should have been in the 3am version. Replace it with High Infidelity. 

Edited by Teneo

9 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Tonight, We Cross Kern… Killer Kern, the Elusive River!

NOOO I ACTUALLY CANNOT HELP  :falcon:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.