Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

What is there to say about Calvin. Not her writing lyrics about looking a mess in Coachella.

albatrosstaylorspe.thumb.gif.afca6a8ade5

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Just now, Bamboo said:

I know the album is so long for the purpose of beating the streaming record.

Not really starting anything but she beat it with the regular version.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

Yeah that's probably why she didn't release songs about him until well after it was already ober :rip: I don't think Swifties or the media at the time would've appreciated an album about cheating lol

Not to diagnose people, but he also seems very...gloomy to put it respectfully. So I feel that played the part in her softening the blow. She's also genuinely appreciative of the "moment in the sun" that they had regardless.

Edited by Mandalore

Just now, Life Savers said:

What is there to say about Calvin. Not her writing lyrics about looking a mess in Coachella.

albatrosstaylorspe.thumb.gif.afca6a8ade5

Her worst muse but second hottest ex 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i've been replaying The Antholopus on a loop since release

tusareve-wendy.gif

i want to explore TTPD a little more but The Magnusphecy and I Love It Here drag me back like when Taylor sees unhinged men 

tusareve-wendy.gif

Honestly, I think Matty is and always will be her "twin flame/one that got away" in her mind. TTPD really solidified this. He's inspired A LOT more of her discography than most of us realize.

12 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

Her longest relationships (Calvin and Joe) not getting a full breakup album kind of is interesting to me. Wonder if that speaks to how passionate, quick relationships hurt more than slow, drawn out ones. I still don't think Calvin has a single song written about him like damn she really said I have nothing to say. :rip:

I think since Joe got sooooo many albums (Reputation, Lover, parts of folklore and Midnights) she was kinda done with it/bored, as she admitted in TTPD.

• Like 2

Well, however you decide to trim the album down the album is so good that you'll be leaving off essential, exceptional tracks :'( at most you can maybe axe 1 or 2. Suffering from quality!

Page 1556.

spacer.png

Spoiler

And they said Gaylors are the problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the way I only NOW realized that the TTPD logo has the Roman numeral for 2 in it... it was there the whole time 

• Like 2

omg the folkmorethology playlist i'm about to put together... will end careers

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pinkbowvintage said:

Honestly, I think Matty is and always will be her "twin flame/one that got away" in her mind. TTPD really solidified this. He's inspired A LOT more of her discography than most of us realize.

I think since Joe got sooooo many albums (Reputation, Lover, parts of folklore and Midnights) she was kinda done with it/bored, as she admitted in TTPD.

Reputation being deduced as a Joe album is insulting.

• Haha 1

AF1QipN-SfvI5VOs90UY-lsBpgzvcn5BTcvFQPGGuXWT=s1360-w1360-h1020

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

:jonnycat:

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

i-would-like-to-see-it.gif

• Like 1

Remember when the main topic of discussion in this thread was a scandalous Gretchen gif? Or when y'all were pretending "this" was a funny bit to keeps the pages moving? We really were in the trenches. :deadbanana2:

Look at us now though.

:ryan3:

• Like 1

Oh we are eating so good with Peter @Vespertine :weeps: 

Forgive me, Peter
My lost fearless leader
In closets like cedar
Preserved from when we were just kids

In closets preserved since they were kids???

She said she was trying
Peter, was she lying?
My ribs get the feelin' she did

Oh we knew those pronouns were coming 

Are you still a mind reader?
A natural scene stealer?
I've heard great things, Peter
But life was always easier on you
Than it was on me

I'm getting Gold Rush/Gorgeous vibes of how in awe She was of Karlie 

And I won't confess that I waited
But I let the lamp burn
As the men masqueraded
I hoped you'd return
With your feet on the ground
Tell me all that you'd learned
'Cause love's never lost when perspective is earned
And you said you'd come and get me, but you were twenty-five
And the shelf life of those fantasies has expired
Lost to the Lost Boys chapter of your life
Forgive me, Peter, please know that I tried
To hold onto the days when you were mine (Hold onto the days)
But the woman who sits by the window has turned out the light

"As the men masqueraded, I hoped you'd return"; "you were twenty-five", the RWYLM callback of "the woman who sits by the window"

Speaking of which, 'I Look Through People's Windows' - transfixed by rose golden glows :weeps: And "I'm addicted to the if only" :weeps:

And how that in turn ties into 'Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus', with "I wonder, will I always wonder?" and the allusion to a fight about Karlie rumours - "If you wanna tear my world apart, just say you've always wondered" I  - 

NURSE!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

Her worst muse but second hottest ex 

spacer.png

WORST?!

High Infidelity SWEETIE!

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Reputation being deduced as a Joe album is insulting.

but which love songs do you think AREN'T about Joe on it? it's pretty much all him :rip: (and it's one of my favorite albums)

• Like 1

I just realized that she is the sole credited writer for The Black Dog AND Peter from The Anthology. Oh Taylor Swift the songwriter you are... the others are just not comparable...

• Like 1

@Ms. Togekiss recomend some reactors to watch thanks :lakitu: I know u hate the insufferable ones like Swiftologist so i trust your taste.

All the ones i follow haven't released their videos yet :lakitu:

1 minute ago, pinkbowvintage said:

but which love songs do you think AREN'T about Joe on it? it's pretty much all him :rip: (and it's one of my favorite albums)

Spoiler

Sorry sis every time I post about reputation, think of it as a wink.

• Haha 1

The Black Dog might be her best written song objectively idk

I wish TTPD, MBOBHFT and Down Bad were cut off. They're misleading and not giving the vibe of the album. I skip to So Long London after the Fortnight :suburban:

Just now, itsjem said:

I just realized that she is the sole credited writer for The Black Dog AND Peter from The Anthology. Oh Taylor Swift the songwriter you are... the others are just not comparable...

yet casuals will continue to hyper-focus on her self-satirizing with the album title and tattooed golden retriever line :gaycat6:

This album really DOES have some of the lyrics of her entire career. :jonny5:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand people complaining that we got that many songs, meanwhile I'm here feeling like I'm in some kind of dreamland where my fave gave me more songs than I could ever hope for or think was possible.

I'm obsessed with the album and apart from one song, this album is unskipable for me.

She truly has a way of communicating feelings and emotions in a particular way that in my opinion no else can. Having experienced a "Matty" in my life that destroyed me though I would have gone to hell and back for them… This album is the therapy session I needed. I'm forever grateful for Taylor and TTPD :heart2: 

• Like 13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.