• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

36 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

She released a paint splashed vinyl

I forgot about that mess… imagine what would happen if our chairwoman does something similar  :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dobrevv said:

And they say Midnights has no impact :dies: 

On Spotify every song's duration is 03:00, which is a placeholder ofc. This woman can't even give us track durations 
spacer.png

Kudos to Billie to bring that topic
And Stans of course missing the point
Is there really a point of selling the same albums with 4 variants?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

34 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

The Manuscript not on Spotify, we lost 

:suburban:

Oh Manuscripties let us mourn our loss 

• Haha 2

well there's your promo for the month

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Oh Manuscripties let us mourn our loss 

only Clara Bowers won, cause it's the REAL closing track on Spotify 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Clauss said:

Kudos to Billie to bring that topic
And Stans of course missing the point
Is there really a point of selling the same albums with 4 variants?

Streaming is actually causing more immediate damage (all the power consumed from billions of people streaming daily + data centers hosting millions of songs) vs pieces of plastic sitting at people's houses. If you really care about the environment, you'd buy a physical and play it on a high energy star appliance. Streaming is actually much worse at the current consumption rate and an immediate danger so where do we go from here.

• Like 4

I have a very controversial confession to make, and it's that I will not be listening to any of the deluxe tracks until at least a week later because the album is most likely going to overwhelm me in a good way and I need time to fully digest it before I listen to four new songs.

I also didn't listen to Hits Different until 3 months later, and it helped me appreciate it even more once I listened to it for the first time and then it became one of my favorite songs in her discography.

spacer.png

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

I have a very controversial confession to make, and it's that I will not be listening to any of the deluxe tracks until at least a week later because the album is most likely going to overwhelm me in a good way and I need time to fully digest it before I listen to four new songs.

I also didn't listen to Hits Different until 3 months later, and it helped me to appreciate it even more once I listened to it for the first time and then it became one of my favorite songs in her discography.

spacer.png

I don't relate, but I can totally understand. 16 songs is already a lot, especially when we're talking about her first true break up album since 2012. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

I'm glad that crumb of promo calmed some of you down 

:khalyan:

Spoiler

Also, American Life is in Madonna's top five albums, get into iT

Realistically, Taylor would never create something that sounds super similar, but if we ever got even just shades of some of the AL songs on a Taylor album…:jonny5:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Klein said:

I don't relate, but I can totally understand. 16 songs is already a lot, especially when we're talking about her first true break up album since 2012. 

spacer.png

It's just that I think there's gonna be A LOT to process on this album, and I felt the same way about Midnights once the 3am edition dropped out of nowhere, I got insanely overwhelmed and I didn't know what to do, and with this album, it's going be even more overwhelming (in a good way) knowing that it's gonna be much more complex than Midnights. :suburban:

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace

I will admit that I'm greatly looking forward to aggravating the So It Blowsties with my ranking of track sevens today :suburban:

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Wolf Alice said:

Streaming is actually causing more immediate damage (all the power consumed from billions of people streaming daily + data centers hosting millions of songs) vs pieces of plastic sitting at people's houses. If you really care about the environment, you'd buy a physical and play it on a high energy star appliance. Streaming is actually much worse at the current consumption rate and an immediate danger so where do we go from here.

We can highly doubt that Taylor selling these 4 variants are for people to actually listen on CD players, or Vinyl players (plus: who actually listen to these? Computers stopped having CD slots in 2012 from Apple, and cars followed a few years later). Looking at the environment, then we know that the world is moving towards a clean energy production, in many countries this is already a high %. While a plastic vinyl or cd package will sit 500 years? in the earth. But anyways, my point is more the greediness rather than the environment. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, Clauss said:

We can highly doubt that Taylor selling these 4 variants are for people to actually listen on CD players, or Vinyl players (plus: who actually listen to these? Computers stopped having CD slots in 2012 from Apple, and cars followed a few years later). Looking at the environment, then we know that the world is moving towards a clean energy production, in many countries this is already a high %. While a plastic vinyl or cd package will sit 500 years? in the earth. But anyways, my point is more the greediness rather than the environment. 

If your point is more about greediness rather than the environment then you got it all wrong. You are stanning a mainstream artist. We can say anything we want, but the main goal will always be to be making money, no matter who we're talking about. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 2

I might have to skip the track 7 ranking today unless you guys wanna do it now 

:ryan3:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

I also didn't listen to Hits Different until 3 months later, and it helped me appreciate it even more once I listened to it for the first time and then it became one of my favorite songs in her discography.

spacer.png

Y'all are so dramatic lmaooo :rip:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, CovalentBondage said:

Y'all are so dramatic lmaooo :rip:

girl let me be :suburban:

• Like 1

Welcome to another meeting of The Tortured Ranking Department!

Today we're ranking track 7s!

Place TTPD Track 7 where you think it will land among the others.

Spoiler

1. Tied Together With a Smile

2. Breathe 

3. The Story of Us

4. I Almost Do

5. I Wish You Would

6. So It Goes…

7. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

8. seven

9. happiness

10. Question…?

11. Fresh Out The Slammer

My personal ranking is:

1. happiness

2. seven

3. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

4. I Almost Do

5. So It Goes…

6. I Wish You Would

7. Question…?

8. Fresh Out The Slammer

9. The Story Of Us

10. Breathe

11. Tied Together With a Smile

Have fun :heart:

X1j1elP.gif

• Like 2

1. happiness

2. seven

3. Fresh Out The Slammer

4. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

5. So It Goes…

6. I Almost Do

7. The Story Of Us

8. I Wish You Would

9. Breathe

10. Question…?

11. Tied Together With a Smile

Just know I've been warned for this... We're back to The Reported Swifties Department. :gaylorcat2:

Edited by Klein
  • Haha 1

The fact it's her earliest release ever (not including TVs), nothing's stopping her from dominating YEC :jonny5:

• Like 1

I hope Post Malone delivers vocally on this like he did on Beyonce :WAP:

oh we're doing this now RIP :chick1:

1. I Almost Do

2. seven

3. Breathe

4. Miss Americana

5. So It Goes...

6. happiness

7. I Wish You Would

8. Question...?

9. The Story of Us

10. Tied

Edited by pinkbowvintage

Thank you to whoever reported the ranking I did! I won't take this ranking thing any further so I guess we'll end on Track 7. 

I hope you know you're miserable enough to ruin other people's fun :heart:

OT: TTPD is a Taylor Swift album that will come out in 22 days. 

• Like 3

1. The Story Of Us 

2. Seven 

3. I Wish You Would 

4. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

5. Fresh Out The Slammer 

6. Question…?

7. Happiness 

8. So It Goes 

9. Breathe 

10. Tied Together With A Smile 

11. I Almost Do 

The Story Of Us is literally one of my favorite Taylor songs of all time. :jonny5:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.