Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

Obsessed with this album!  Listen to 10+ songs per day, at least.

Fresh Out the Slammer is my new obsession for the past two days.  

Excited to hear the live versions 

• Like 4

• Replies 48.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I posted the Luminate numbers in the receipts thread

• Like 1

Fortbore leaving the top 5 :ahh:

• Thumbs Down 6

I listen to So Long, London daily on repeat :chick3:

oh SMASH HERO would never do that

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Yes we were delulus… MID kinda won in the end…:rip:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

28 minutes ago, mael said:

Anti-hero is better than any song here tbh

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

So Long, London just hit 100M stream, IKTR.. :clap3:

8 minutes ago, 4Real said:

Anti-hero is better than any song here tbh

38 minutes ago, mael said:

40 minutes ago, YR. said:

oh SMASH HERO would never do that

I guess we're just saying stupid **** now? Considering the diss tracks are mostly the only ones above it and that one random song the labels are pushing.

Im not even going to bother with the Quality thing especially when some of you were annoying af during midnights and now suddenly you love it and this album sucks, Bffr

the album is still doing amazing because it's GOOD, y'all just love to complain 

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Fortnight serving 1-1-7-OUT

a reverse ME!ss experience :psyduck:

Come through ICDIWABH save us from this boring eraaa

• Thumbs Down 1

Id also love to know how midnights was doing better considering it was already at 45mil by the second week 

• Thumbs Down 2

I'm just realising there are so many lyrics about drugs, death, suicide, killings, sex, betrayal, and witchery on this album. It's like the only thing missing is rock'n'roll. This should have been her rock album. Can you imagine The Smallest Man bridge/outro with banging guitars and drums instead of pastel synths and muted pianos :chick3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The random meltdowns in here :hoetenks:. Now imagine if Taylor posted numbers like, well, basically any other popstar, you would go insane :hoetenks:

6 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Id also love to know how midnights was doing better considering it was already at 45mil by the second week 

Because TTPD has 11 more songs…

and before you attack me again….. TTPD is better 

:suburban:

• Like 1

"Fortnight" did not strike me as a smash on first listen tbh. I'm not surprised it's not sustaining at #1.

I think "Down Bad" is the most replayable and radio-friendly thing on here.

• Like 2

"I guess a lesser woman would've lost hope,

a greater woman wouldn't beg,

But I looked to the sky and said—"

Anyone wanna help me understand this? Like, I get "a greater woman wouldn't beg" means she's demeaning herself by hoping and praying for a change, but a "lesser woman would've lost hope" confuses me a little. Wouldn't the woman who doesn't beg -or- lose hope be the greater woman? But she cites the first incident of a woman who does lose hope as a lesser woman.

Hopefully my confusion makes sense so someone can answer my question lolol 

Wait, she's saying:

woman loses hope = pitiful

woman who doesn't beg = strong 

she is neither of those things, she's above a woman that loses hope but below a woman that doesn't beg. Is that right? 

• Like 3

Some of you melting down every day are going to be catatonic when the TVs are done and you actually have to wait again for a new era 💀

Why the hell is Down Bad slowly gaining in radio, no one will listen to that in radio given the amount of curse it has :rip:

Taylor and her wrong single choices strikes again!

The dramatics in here :toofunny2:

Fortnight is doing great and it did what it had to do big time, and is mostly getting pushed down by the diss tracks that will mostly last a few weeks at best.

Also, fortnight peaking quickly isn't a bad thing, they're currently doing with Down Bad what they did with Lavender Haze which is slowly pushing it as a second single on radio, but in LH's case the incredible potential stalled and got overshadowed by AH, therefore, if Fortnight burns quick they can strike while the iron is hot and officially push DB earlier than planned which could give it greater potential, mainly what we've been hoping for her to achieve for the second time in her career after almost a decade…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fortnight is matching Anti-Hero's daily streams day-by-day and it'll be more stable in the mid run considering it'll be boosted by the tour. I don't understand the meltdowns... may I remind y'all how she was actually tanking in 2017-2022 (singles-wise) :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, KarmaCat said:

Why the hell is Down Bad slowly gaining in radio, no one will listen to that in radio given the amount of curse it has :rip:

Taylor and her wrong single choices strikes again!

What do you mean? There's a clean version of all her explicit songs on Tortured Poets. 

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Wait, she's saying:

woman loses hope = pitiful

woman who doesn't beg = strong 

she is neither of those things, she's above a woman that loses hope but below a woman that doesn't beg. Is that right? 

I would agree with this, though I interpret the "lesser woman losing hope" less as a stand-in for "pity" and more for "weak willed." She isn't strong enough to not need it but also isn't weak enough to not fight for it.

• Like 3

A lesser woman would have given up and resigned herself to her life alone, giving in to her weakness. A greater woman wouldn't beg; she's too "strong" and could patiently wait for someone. And yet here we have Taylor frantically and desperately reading tarot cards, practicing witchcraft, and howling at the sky in case a God (or gods) are listening. Begging isn't beneath her. Hell, not even the occult options are off the table. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Goaty said:

A lesser woman would have given up and resigned herself to her life alone, giving in to her weakness. A greater woman wouldn't beg; she's too "strong" and could patiently wait for someone. And yet here we have Taylor frantically and desperately reading tarot cards, practicing witchcraft, and howling at the sky in case a God (or gods) are listening. Begging isn't beneath her. Hell, not even the occult options are off the table. 

Amazing, thank you for contributing. Helps me digest the line a little more :hug:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.