• Replies 47.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Fresh Out The Slammer just keeps on growing and growing on me... and that was already my 2nd favorite of the 31 tracks. It's just so good, so fresh, so exciting. :jonny:

And at this point, this melody is never leaving my head:

Another summer taking cover, rolling thunder
He don't understand me
Splintered back in winter, silent dinners, bitter
He was with her in dreams

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

I know for most of us, we haven't been able touch any other music since ttpd came out but for me, I didn't touch any other Taylor music either. :deadbanana2: First time this happens to me, I generally sprinkle a couple of classics with new releases but TTPD is holding me hostage. 

This. I literary only listen to TTPD for the past 10 days. Nothing else, i dont even check out The FTCU remix or Normani new sing, like im mot fan of them but i usually check out new release from familiar names. But no, only TTPD. 

And like you said, this is the 1st time i cant even listen to Taylors past albums. 31 songs are truly a big meal to digest. Thank you, Taylor.

• Like 1

Has I Can Fix Him clicked for anyone? It feels a bit undercooked to justify a spot on the album. 

• Like 1

The way I've barely even processed how monumental her Hot 100 update tomorrow is going to be because I've been trying to gather a list of all the insane records she's breaking, tying, or extending later today with the BB200

like I usually make a big long post of this stuff when the Billboard article comes out but this time I have like 16 bullet points already lmao

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The best reaction I've seen so far:

Down bad is great. It's like 3 songs in One but works perfectly. Sometimes antonoff mix things together and they feel like a chaotic frankenstein, sometimes when It works he gives you music incredible catchy, can became a mega hit while sounds different from what you have on radios. It's this the case.

This is why he's a pop producer while dessner is not. 

Down bad also works perfectly as single after fortnight. European radios would eat It during the months of the tour. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 7

When will the BB200 article be up? 

I can see this album having insane longevity. 31 tracks, all of which will need to be memorized by millions of swifties, which will take months. The album is a massive grower with great replay value. The tour is beginning soon, the "under-appreciated" narrative will for eternity be pushed by swifties online. Fortnight is gonna smash radio this year as well.

The album has entered my top 50 of all time. 

9 days might be a record, actually. 

dua-lipa-beyonc%C3%A9.gif

• Haha 1

Tracks 9-16 just dropped:gaycat1:loved her analysis of the first 8. U can feel how much the sings affect her without the exaggerated 😱🤯 faces. Her lyrical analysis always give me new insight & perspective to the sings too :jonnycat:

• Like 1

I need them to release ICDIWABH soon, they better not *** this smash up!!

55 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

When will the BB200 article be up? 

can one of the charts girls answer this? :thing:

that gaga stan casually wrote "3m" then dipped. we got bamboozled

:suburban:

BB200: TTPD 2.1M

:suburban:

The way I look in people's windows is only 2:12 long but hits like the most devastating of emotional punches 

SVzgq.gif

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

can one of the charts girls answer this? :thing:

In roughly an hour usually

• Thanks 1

Other albums released this year with less tracks got old within a week (for me), but she dropped a 31 track album that I am still obsessively listening to trying to uncover every little detail :deadbanana4:

It literally keeps getting better. 

• Like 3

I did the song sorter and my top 6 on each side of the album:

1. Guilty as Sin?

2. Fresh Out the Slammer

3. Clara Bow

4. So Long, London

5. Fortnight

6. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

1. The Prophecy

2. The Bolter

3. The Albatross

4. So High School

5. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

6. The Black Dog

ooou the quality :jonny: 

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

Tracks 9-16 just dropped:gaycat1:loved her analysis of the first 8. U can feel how much the sings affect her without the exaggerated 😱🤯 faces. Her lyrical analysis always give me new insight & perspective to the sings too :jonnycat:

"There's an honesty in this album that I really respect. It's not an album where everything is perfect or every line sounds perfect, but it's very raw - very journal like." The way she just gets it :clap3: 

Edited by Kyle-x
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Underdogs said:

Has I Can Fix Him clicked for anyone? It feels a bit undercooked to justify a spot on the album. 

It sounds like a demo but I love it

The way that Fantano loser kept going in on the line "you said normal girls were boring, but you were gone by the morning" at her expense, acting like it was a self drag that she had no self awareness or forethought to notice. But the entire point of the line is that the subject is an artsy, alternative, self serious ******* who finds himself so interesting that only certain women can measure up to his level of tortured complexity. But when he was confronted with a woman who has so much of her own **** going on in her life he buckled under the pressure and had to run because he IS THE SMALLEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED!!!

But of course he wouldn't understand that. :clack: We need to BAN straight men from being allowed to have takes on Taylor Swift music.

• Like 6

Guilty as Sin? is the song I keep coming back to.  Super catchy and the lyrics are fantastic.  Throws a Grammy at Taylor.

• Like 1

Just cause Songs are not overproduced doesn't mean they "sound like a demo".

You can not like the Song but It makes what It has to make. 

• Like 2

Sound of I Can Fix Me + Who Is Afraid? + Cassandra = TS12 aka Taylor meets Fleet Foxes! :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.