Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

45 minutes ago, folkloreking said:

Barely took 2 days for the discussion to return to “what if this is Midnights 2.0”. :gaycat6:

It’s not:gaycat7:

gonna remember this when we hear it :giraffe:

• Replies 47.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

14 minutes ago, SLUTTVFTV said:

gonna remember this when we hear it :giraffe:

When we press play on Fortnight and it’s her Free by Florence, the rest will be history. :gaycat2:

• Like 1

Her best consecutive punches on an album are something like:

6 in a row!: State of Grace > Red > Treacherous > I Knew You Were Trouble > All Too Well > 22 

4 in a row!: Blank Space > Style > Out of the Woods > All You Had to Do Was Stay

7 in a row!: …Ready for It? > End Game > I Did Something Bad > Don’t Blame Me > Look What You Made Me Do > So It Goes 

The Max Martin Stan in me jumped out 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ugo said:

if TTPD is midnights 2.0 what do we do ?

When Florida is a political track dragging the state ?

She's definitely setting the tone for rep tv in September 

Only Taylor would release an album to hype up another album

I wish it was midnights 2.0 - my fav album

• Like 1

Is it confirmed who produced the album?

26 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Is it confirmed who produced the album?

Jack and Aaron are confirmed, and it seems that Louis Bell is also on it, at the very least on Fortnight because of Post, but maybe on other tracks as well. 

• Like 2

do we think another version is coming on the sydney n1 concert?

Edited by milo_13

Do we think she was planning on dumping Joe for a while?

The 11 cats :rip:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, milo_13 said:

Probably

5 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Well she wrote You're Losing Me in December 2021, and the breakup didn't officially happen until late March/early April 2023, so yeah, I'd assume it was on her mind for a while :cm:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

The 11 cats :rip:

Her cats will be feautred on the album a la Blake’s and Ryan’s baby on Gorgeous. :laugh:

Edited by Lemon

25 minutes ago, milo_13 said:

Yes

57 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Jack and Aaron are confirmed, and it seems that Louis Bell is also on it, at the very least on Fortnight because of Post, but maybe on other tracks as well. 

Where were Jack and Aaron confirmed?

I mean Jack will be there obviously :rip:but is Aaron confirmed?

12 minutes ago, taemin said:

Where were Jack and Aaron confirmed?

I mean Jack will be there obviously :rip:but is Aaron confirmed?

She was in the studio with Aaron in like November 2022, which probably ended up on TTPD 

Aaron and Jack are her emotional support producers. I don't think either have been officially confirmed, but I'd be very surprised if they weren't both somewhere

The fact that she specifically said she’d been keeping this album a secret for two years makes me think it’s very different from Midnights. If she was knowingly working on two albums at once, it would make sense that they were different genres.

• Like 3

mirrorball -> seven -> august is my folklore 3-hit-combo, but idk if thats as popular a choice kfdjk :emofish:

Spoiler

either the opening 3 songs or the closing 3 on the standard for speak now

either treacherous/ikywt/atw, or the last time/holy ground/sbt

blank space > style > ootw durrrrrrrrr

dbm > delicate > lwymmd

paper rings > cornelia st > dbatc but, and i realize ppl on this site might report me for this...what if it was cornelia st > dbatc > london boy instead? :ryan3:

gold rush > ttds > tolerate it

midnights doesn't rlly have a standout 3 track run for me, maybe something within the first 6 songs. or maybe glitch > wcs > dear reader? :lakitu:

taylor's best track runs :gaycat1::

1.  coney Island - ivy - cowboy like me 

2. State Of Grace - Red - Treacherous 

3. seven - august - this is me trying

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Arrows said:

The fact that she specifically said she’d been keeping this album a secret for two years makes me think it’s very different from Midnights. If she was knowingly working on two albums at once, it would make sense that they were different genres.

Exactly. We love some common sense, which is apparently rare around these parts :WAP: 

Spoiler

Yes the album will still be pop but that’s a veeeeery broad umbrella term. Fleetwood Mac were considered pop in their day. It won’t be Midnights pop, so the meltdowns continue to be ridiculous :rip: 

• Like 3

I believe someone already said something similar to this the other day, but it’s so funny to watch OMHs act like the other 9 albums in her career suddenly don’t exist just because they didn’t like Midnights. I really don’t know why so many fans are stuck on the idea that she’s gonna make a Midnights 2.0 :deadbanana4:

I think we need to start calling it what it is: Midnights Derangement Syndrome (MDS) 

:ryan3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

willow-->champagne problems-->gold rush-->tis the damn season-->tolerate it

that is why everGREEN is Her magnum opus...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Arrows said:

I’d kill to have every song in her discography recorded live like this with just her and her guitar. Imagine the live from Paris recordings for every song:heart2:

This is literally something I dream about.

I honestly think that part of it is because her more organic country roots have deeply influenced her songwriting such that her songs are structured with keys, chords, and melodies that work really well in this format even when their studio versions are entirely synthetic. Another excellent example is Blank Space - it almost sounds better acoustic than it does in its studio form, and it’s one of her best.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - the purest and most beautiful sound in the universe is Taylor Swift and her guitar, alone and live and playing to a packed venue. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I believe someone already said something similar to this the other day, but it’s so funny to watch OMHs act like the other 9 albums in her career suddenly don’t exist just because they didn’t like Midnights. I really don’t know why so many fans are stuck on the idea that she’s gonna make a Midnights 2.0 :deadbanana4:

I think we need to start calling it what it is: Midnights Derangement Syndrome (MDS) 

:ryan3:

it was me, I said that. I'm always correct and my opinions are always right :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a nightmare that The Manuscript, The Bolter, and any other potential bonuses were just spoken-word poems :gaycat6:

Edited by every1blinks
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, every1blinks said:

I had a nightmare that The Manuscript, The Bolter, and any other potential bonuses were just spoken-word poems :gaycat6:

the day the album was announced i didn't see it until the next morning half asleep and i remember my first thought was that it was a poetry book instead of an album :rip:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.