4. Love Story

5. Tim McGraw

6. Look What You Made Me Do

7. Fortnight

8. Anti-Hero

9. Willow

10. Shake It Off

11. ME! 

Hope Billboard updates total activity though 3 days. 

Before Midnights I thought she would never sell 1m first week again and here we are :rip:

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

A very large number of them have not shipped yet and thus probably would not be included :ryan3:

Well i prefer a 2.5m First weekend and a very solid second One. 

1 hour ago, LittleFreak said:

This getting worse reviews than Midnights is so funny to me. It's so much better than her previous album. 

No its pretty terrible actually. Midnights had lavender haze,anti hero,midnight rain,yoyok,bejeweled,labyrinth and bigger than the whole sky so many amazing songs..

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

3 minutes ago, Fama said:

I think this album is better than Midnights, and I consider the music video a masterpiece. It's a raw album that will be appreciated for what it is later on. However, I dislike the songs about Ratty; I try to pretend they're about someone else, which helps a bit. I just can't stand that she didn't see Ratty for who he is; he's clearly an edgelord. It's quite embarrassing. I wouldn't mind if she breaks free from the NYC indie pop circle with TS12. All the NYC indie pop artists seem to be running in circles. She needs to break free from them and create something fresh. The music video is an absolute masterpiece; I loved it so much. I can see the progress; it's truly remarkable.

When she moves to Kansas City :dies:

Loved the MV. Made me really excited for her directorial debut that I'm guessing she will focus on once the tour is wrapped.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Imagine a pop album produced by dessner. Same reviews but tragic streams After day One. 

At least now they thinks they're winning but are gonna be mad for weeks and weeks at the #1s all Summer. We have something.

:ryan3:

Now why would Aaron produce a Top 40 synthpop album?

Tell me you're a success stan without telling me you're a success stan.

I think I Hate It Here might be the most relatable song I've ever heard

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

Ranking Taylor Lead Singles:

1. Cardigan (duh)

2. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

3. Mine

4. Love Story

5. Tim McGraw

6. Look What You Made Me Do

7. Fortnight

8. Anti-Hero

9. Willow

10. Shake It Off

11. ME! 

Mine and cardigan deserve to be near the bottom... willow near the top 8

Something about critics trashing her feels so odd and forced??? They are using her private life, carbon emissions, and her age as an excuse to degrade her art. One of the critics that initially gave ttpd a 9 just changed their rate and gave it a 4.5, it's very fishy.

All of this just for her to sell out stadiums all around the world and do the biggest numbers the world has ever seen.

:suburban:

• Like 9

Now pretty baby, I'm running back home to you
Fresh out the slammer, I know who my first call will be to
Fresh out the slammer, oh

Tropico🦩 on X: "every tweet about lana del rey going viral like this  wasn't her and her boyfriend leaving Cook County Jail after police found  human remains and evidence of cannibalism in

• Haha 14

I mean metacritic is messing this up... and while the album is ok i dont think i'll revisist it as much as past taylor albums and Im a swiftie i do believe its neither antonoff's nor dessner's best work. I feel their magic has run its course. I do hope she takes a 1.5 year or 2 year break next year whilst releasing the rerecordings.. shes been everywhere. Let the gp miss her and when she comes back she goes on her normal tours. Does she want to go pop again ...or full on rock alternative

Edited by kayliah
  • Thumbs Down 1

The collective hysteria Taylor causes on the internet, this site truly would end without her :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

Something about critics trashing her feels so odd and forced??? They are using her private life, carbon emissions, and her age as an excuse to degrade her art. One of the critics that initially gave ttpd a 9 just changed their rate and gave it a 4.5, it's very fishy.

All of this just for her to sell out stadiums all around the world and do the biggest numbers the world has ever seen.

:suburban:

I stopped caring about reviews long ago. 

My favorite 5 tracks today from each side:

From the original release:
My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
Down Bad
Fresh Out The Slammer
Guilty As Sin?
loml

From The Anthology (still the same as last time I posted):
Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
How Did It End?
I Look In People's Windows
The Prophecy
Peter

10 minutes ago, Indie said:

I think I Hate It Here might be the most relatable song I've ever heard

top 3 on The Anthology :bird:

8 minutes ago, ParisTexas said:
Now pretty baby, I'm running back home to you
Fresh out the slammer, I know who my first call will be to
Fresh out the slammer, oh

Tropico🦩 on X: "every tweet about lana del rey going viral like this  wasn't her and her boyfriend leaving Cook County Jail after police found  human remains and evidence of cannibalism in

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

• Haha 1

fine I'll revisit Cardigen :toofunny3: I can't be the only one who doesn't hear what everyone else is hearing 

So Long, London is 100x better if you listen to it while reading the lyrics like wow. A whole story

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WeFoundWill said:

fine I'll revisit Cardigen :toofunny3: I can't be the only one who doesn't hear what everyone else is hearing 

I voted cardigan but mostly because I thought it was the best representation of the sound of the album, which I think is most important for a lead. Fortnight is also a great lead despite what some may say, but I thought cardigan was better.

18 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Where are the MC stans now? @PoisonedIvy :lmao:

Welcome to the Art Club, swifties. We get bullied in this department but at least we sell a million first week and serves quality.

The Anthology

The Tortured Poets Department

Reveal hidden contents

Obvs a joke.

OH wait I was saying I love 13 songs here! She's giving more good songs overall than many shorter albums are

• Like 1

Just now, RebelQuad said:

OH wait I was saying I love 13 songs here! She's giving more good songs overall than many shorter albums are

No worries sis, I was making a Swiftie esoteric joke. Ms. @PoisonedIvy should get it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

So Long, London is 100x better if you listen to it while reading the lyrics like wow. A whole story

Agreeed!

I'm surprised people actually think people care about the opinions of critics these days…what? :deadbanana2:

Taylor is the biggest artist in the world…. I don't know anyone outside of stan culture online that would rush to review the Metacritic score before listening to the album…. It's a site that's been used too much over the past few years by people to try and justify whose album has a better score than whoever else. 

Taylor is breaking records again and people just can't deal… no matter how many hate tweets that people make, it won't stop her :rip:

And the best part is with some of the viral hate tweets and some backlash, Rep TV is next which makes things even funnier…. I'd hate to be a Taylor hater when it comes out :jonny:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Listening this the first time.

I fell asleep during Fortnight :rip: bridge and outro kinda saved it. 4/10

The Tortured Poets Department is classic Tay, not bad but nothing new or exciting, kinda drags too long. 6/10

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys is just bad 3/10

Down Bad is actually cute. Lyrically the best one + the production is cute. 6/10

So Long, London cute. 5.5/10

But Daddy I Love Him love this. Got some Fearless/Speak Now vibes. 7.5/10 :smitten:

Fresh Out The Slammer uhm what is this trainwreck 3/10

Florida!!! oh Florence ate her up. The most interesting song so far. 7.5/10

Guilty As Sin is just there. 4/10

Overall it's sounding kinda mediocre and uninspired like Midnights. I will finish tomorrow but it's not like I can't wait for it :zzz: 

I will save a few tracks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.