Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

5 minutes ago, Burqa said:

It’s in hell along with the likes of ME! for sure, but the chill sound fits the carefree lyrics. Definitely not the type of nameless pop you’d hear on the radio is my point, which that Down Bad snippet exudes.

• Replies 47.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I don't care if it's fake AI or not. I'll take anything at this point. I'm bopping to those fake snippets and you won't stop me

• Haha 3

Down bad, falling apart

No, I don't care if I sound sad

I'm sick in the heart

Should've noticed your jacket on

With one foot out the door

Now I'm cryin' on the floor

Hate I let you get me

Down bad

Everything we had

Thrown out just like that

Okay, even if these are fake, these lyrics EAT though. It's so Taylor-coded. If this was a fake, I'm scared of what is AI capable of being able to imitate specific writing styles like that to the T. :dancehall:

Edited by aesthetic bih
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I don't care if it's fake AI or not. I'll take anything at this point. I'm bopping to those fake snippets and you won't stop me

The silver lining is that, if these snippets turned out to be fakes, then you shouldn't feel guilty because the "leaks" were not even the real thing :fan:

Not yall took an AI snippet seriously

The drought was the very worse huh? :clack:

• Like 1

idc lol that snippet sounds like pop bliss. is there a full version? 

Overall, I’m just hoping for something fresh and new from her. Midnights was the sound of a woman who had absolutely exhausted synth-pop. Bland. Boring. Nothing. It’s time for a new start. Pop is always there to go back to but she needs to flex her muscles elsewhere for a while cause Midnights was a stale album.

Another thing, I hope the F+TM feature will actually feature some influence from them. I don’t want another SOTB situation where we get a bottom tier Taylor-on-autopilot song with minimal input or influence from the featured artist. I hope the song includes the rest of the band in production and isn’t another Antonoff.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Overall, I’m just hoping for something fresh and new from her. Midnights was the sound of a woman who had absolutely exhausted synth-pop. Bland. Boring. Nothing. It’s time for a new start. Pop is always there to go back to but she needs to flex her muscles elsewhere for a while cause Midnights was a stale album.

Another thing, I hope the F+TM feature will actually feature some influence from them. I don’t want another SOTB situation where we get a bottom tier Taylor-on-autopilot song with minimal input or influence from the featured artist. I hope the song includes the rest of the band in production and isn’t another Antonoff.

I don’t think the band even produces their own songs

22 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

I’m hopeful that F+TM will feature the band’s sound since the whole band is credited and not just Florence Welch like on Gaga’s Hey Girl or Calvin’s Sweet Nothing. That’s the one thing giving me hope that this album is gonna have rock elements - crossing my fingers.

• Like 2

if it's mostly Jack Antonoff production like Midnights then it's... well, Jack Antonoff production

Snow On The Beach is top 10 in her discography lol

Edited by Post Malone
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

This is an actual criminally insane take - even if you meant top 100 :rip:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Prismee said:

i still remember the collective meltdown when the "Karma is a cat" lyric leaked :bibliahh:

i need something like this asap

moo.png

a testament to the importance of melodies in pop music - especially when The Lord is the most gifted melodist alive :WAP: the absolute GAG of hearing that chorus for the first time!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

the other day my boyfriend told me snow on the beach was better than you’re on your own kid AND maroon and if we hadn’t just signed a lease for an apartment i would’ve dumped him on the spot!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, beckyswift said:

the other day my boyfriend told me snow on the beach was better than you’re on your own kid AND maroon and if we hadn’t just signed a lease for an apartment i would’ve dumped him on the spot!

Well, while all thre are highlights, he is right. :clap3:

7 hours ago, Prismee said:

i still remember the collective meltdown when the "Karma is a cat" lyric leaked :bibliahh:

i need something like this asap

moo.png

Well there in Spanish speaking countries there is a huge meme of that line, so it indeed hurts her creidibility of songwriter

The only other song that describes being instantly infatuated by someone better than Snow on the Beach is Gold Rush, so yeah Snow will and thrives. :heart2:

• Like 1

Idk why jack can’t give her a melodrama album 

Can we stop with the Karma lyrics being some sign of “she can be clunky songwriter”?  She is clearly displaying wit and dry humour and those are intelligent traits. She being able to go from literal depths of epiphany to humorous wink of Karma only is a testament of how great her word capacites are and a proof that quality exists in different lanes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Can we stop with the Karma lyrics being some sign of “she can be clunky songwriter”?  She is clearly displaying wit and dry humour and those are intelligent traits. She being able to go from literal depths of epiphany to humorous wink of Karma only is a testament of how great her word capacites are and a proof that quality exists in different lanes. 

Right:rip: like it’s such a basic metaphor idk why everyone melts down about it.

besides the Karma chorus is one of the best pop choruses she’s ever written :katie2: EASILY the best on Mid

• Like 2

i love her but dust on the beach is not worthy of being spoken in the same breath as you’re on your own, CHRIST and GODroon!!! 

• Like 1

The nuclear meltdowns when that Down Bad snippet turns out to be real:ryan3:

the girlies with immaculate taste get it:gaycat4:

9 minutes ago, mypaintoyou said:

There were several other producers involved with Melodrama. Taylor and Jack is just Taylor and Jack 95% of the time. 

35 minutes ago, mypaintoyou said:

Bc she's not Lorde.

:clack:

Melodrama is so overrated anyways

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

International swifties in Asia, which online store can we buy the exclusive vinyls / CDs from? I tried from the US and UK and Germany and Aussie stores and none of them ship to my country (Singapore)… :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.