Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

just listened to the whole album paying attention to the lyrics and i have favourited only 6

i guess this album is just not for me and its kind of draining to revisit all the tracks to see if they will grow on me

happy for those who enjoyed the album!

• Replies 46.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Im going to use a max of 16 songs only out of the 31... as petridis said a tad too long, some songs just didnt need to exist or get released ... like another critic said some just needed to be expressed in therapy. 

Wait wasnt there that user that has access to spotify numbers?
i think it was
@popmusic

we need some tea pls:ryan3:

Edited by TaylenaStan

My Boy towards the end sounds a lot like Is It Over Now

Soo high school is she KIDDING me :jonny4: the way this just hit me like a train

IMG_8194.gif?ex=662f8ac3&is=661d15c3&hm=

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Girl if that tea was real I FEAR for the first day numbers, oh she's taking everything - I should have expected that the Eras Tour would have this 21-like affect on her next album's debut but I really didn't comprehend the sheer scale of it :rip:

Yeah this is where I've been all along. It's taken me several weeks of pre-order numbers to comprehend that we're having a conversation at that level now

:ryan3:

Wait not me having to sleep on it to just now realize that 31 tracks is 13 backwards :bibliahh:

Just now, TaylenaStan said:

Wait wasnt there that user that has access to spotify numbers?
i think it was
@popmusic

we need some tea :ryan3:

Yeah but he's not really replying anymore… he is the only reliable one when it comes to Spotify.

3 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Some people truly are ******* stupid. How do you claim to Stan her when you twist everything to try to make her look bad :deadbanana4:

I can already tell what portion of the fandom they belong to

I'm expecting TTPD to break the record by a lot, but the anthology will add less than 30M streams to the total count 

• ATRL Moderator

Favorites so far:

Down Bad

thank you aimee

Peter

Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

So High School

2 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Billboard said that and they said it's from Spotify data, so it's not fake.

And we trust Billboard for breaking news down to the minute? There are like ten people that work there and they've all got other **** to do, that confirmation with Spotify took several hours in and of itself :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Billboard said that and they said it's from Spotify data, so it's not fake.

Have you seen the AM numbers? You're supposed to know how charts work per your numerous message? Do you see how it's impossible she does only 150M? 

Just now, wastedpotential said:

And we trust Billboard for breaking news down to the minute? There are like ten people that work there and they've all got other **** to do, that confirmation with Spotify took several hours in and of itself :deadbanana4:

They lack reading comprehension. It was never said that the billboard info was fake but that's what that user came up with :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Wait not me having to sleep on it to just now realize that 31 tracks is 13 backwards :bibliahh:

And since we're probably getting more editions in the future she'll have to release a total of 76 songs because 7 + 6 = 13 iktr :WAP:

2 minutes ago, KOMH said:

I can already tell what portion of the fandom they belong to

It's always the G-Anon 

1 minute ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I'm expecting TTPD to break the record by a lot, but the anthology will add less than 30M streams to the total count 

That's assuming every single track does less than Dear Reader or Glitch, sis that's absolutely below where it'll land :gaycat6:

30 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

WZyCKxE.jpeg

Tayloor
Has
It
Secured

!

• Haha 1

"Taylor breaks the record..."

OMG THOSE NUMBERS ARE ACTUALLY BAD

Edited by Kern

12 minutes ago, Kern said:

To be honest, I'm more curious about seperate tracks streams but like more in the future.

What will become the August of this album?

same lol! I'm fantasizing about random scenarios in which different The Anthology tracks go viral on tiktok :toofunny3:

Randy Jackson GIFs | Tenor

everything sounds the same, wtf even is this mess. time for her to hang it up. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Klein said:

Have you seen the AM numbers? You're supposed to know how charts work per your numerous message? Do you see how it's impossible she does only 150M? 

That's what I was sure about before that info, yes.

300m seems like a stretch? it would be around 10m on average per song and these songs are long af and are not catchy like midnights tracks

Finished the second album and some thoughts:

• This is WAY better than TTPD. Even Jack's work is better here (not that there's a lot of it).
  • It doesn't cover a lot of new ground for her (outside of The Black Dog and So High School), but it's a perfect continuation of the Folkmore sound. Sorta like a Spring equivalent to Evermore.
  • The writing here is way more "direct" and diaristic than her previous albums. It can throw you off at first, but I'd say it works for the most part.
  • The Kim tracks are very pretty, but it's 2024 and those are getting a SKIP from me everytime.
  • I would love for her to go with So High School's sound for the next album. Maybe add in some jangle pop as well.

Score: 7.3

Highlights: The Black Dog, The Albatross, So High School, The Prophecy, The Manuscript.

IMG_8194.gif?ex=662f8ac3&is=661d15c3&hm=

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.