Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

29 minutes ago, Klein said:

On the Jack subject,

I have been a Jack defender since day 1. I think him and Taylor are an excellent pairing and they've done so many amazing songs together. With TTPD, I feel like they've finally peaked together and that they've reached the limits of where Jack can take her sonically, which is what I always thought he could do. He brought his synths sensibilities and impeccably bridged the gap between a very conventional pop sound and a more experimental sound, especially on the second half of the standard edition. Songs like Who's Afraid, Florida or Fresh Out The Slammer are perfect representations of that.

But for the future, I would really like Taylor to fully cross that bridge and go into a more experimental sound, which is something I don't think Jack can do. 

I think she's in a bit of a bind. She's the most famous she's ever been and she's known for her diaristic songwriting. I think it would be hard for her to fully open up to other people like she does with Jack and Aaron. You could kinda see that on Lover when she brought Joel Little in and pretty much all the songs were impersonal (I guess you could argue Miss Americana is about her and Joe, but even that's framed through the extended metaphor of American politics). 

I definitely think she needs to bring in new people though and get out of her comfort zone but even though I personally want it now, I understand why she might be hesitant to make a big change like that while she's not even midway through The Eras Tour. Hopefully her and Travis being in a happier/healthier relationship makes it easier for her to do. 

• Replies 48.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Just wanna stop by and say this:

I love this album and it's ruining my life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

I Look in People's Windows is the best song on the entire thing, sorry...

Well yes :giraffe:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spark said:

I think she's in a bit of a bind. She's the most famous she's ever been and she's known for her diaristic songwriting. I think it would be hard for her to fully open up to other people like she does with Jack and Aaron. You could kinda see that on Lover when she brought Joel Little in and pretty much all the songs were impersonal (I guess you could argue Miss Americana is about her and Joe, but even that's framed through the extended metaphor of American politics). 

I definitely think she needs to bring in new people though and get out of her comfort zone but even though I personally want it now, I understand why she might be hesitant to make a big change like that while she's not even midway through The Eras Tour. Hopefully her and Travis being in a happier/healthier relationship makes it easier for her to do. 

she doesn't have to fully drop jack, even inviting other producers to work with jack would be the step in the right direction. similar to melodrama, it's not a sole jack producer album, it's jack and others. 

Edited by kiche

18 minutes ago, RenHonjo said:

I don't think Ajayll is gonna enjoy this :coffee:

She enjoys ratings so

jessie-j.gif

• Haha 1

31 songs on one project (well, a double one) is such a crazy concept. I talked to my friend and we decided to film our reactions to the first part when suddenly she announced The Anthology… what is there to say at this point, I audibly gasped :rip: On my sixth listen now and I feel like there's still so many things on there needed to be focused on during the listening session. It has a lot of career highlights which is crazy to say considering she's been legitimately writing songs for like 20 years now… But also like I said, 2 hours of new material is just insane and I can understand the way some people call it a bit too much. Critic reviews… I feel like even before the album dropping we somewhat felt like it may be a bit divisive considering a concept and the general aesthetic but what are a few mixed reviews against most of them expressing acclaim? I see the Metacritic score for now is 84 and after reputation we'd be begging for that. Let's just celebrate that once again, she stopped the world and gave us so many moments that we now have to learn before the tour :bird:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RenHonjo said:

Oh she totally won't get it. :gaycat6:

Ahh, my favourites at the moment are loml, The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived, The Black Dog (she put crack in this one), How Did It End?, The Prophecy & The Manuscript :heart: I'm really impressed with her choice of bonus tracks on the physical copies. Each of these four are amazing

• Like 1

Not even Daily Top Artists has updated. We're in for a long wait today. :jonny6:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RenHonjo said:

shes going to need more time with it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Spark said:

Oh I fully agree with that. It's extremely obvious why she keeps collaborating with these two, especially on an album as personal and raw as TTPD:TA. I just hope she'll find the courage to open up to other producers (although, I think Taylor and Aaron's journey truly hasn't reached his limit, everytime they work together we discover new facets of this collaboration so it makes me wonder what else they can do). 

Oh, finally fathoming I Can Fix Him.... Cowboy Like Me's gay lil brother...

yshR4oz.gif?1

• Thanks 1

The Albatross is truly THAT song. I am completely in love :heart:

Ajay can make major coin doing a hate video and then a love video like she did with Renaissance. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Life Savers said:

Ajay can make major coin doing a hate video and then a love video like she did with Renaissance. 

I think she's comfortable making coin doing NOTHING 6 days a week

yshR4oz.gif?1

Yesterday's numbers look... wow

1 minute ago, popmusic said:

Yesterday's numbers look... wow

300M+? :WAP:

My black dog collectors edition arrived… cracked :toofunny2: See you in court!

+300M total so the album prolly pulled +220M streams

I'm addicted to the second half of the album :jonny5:

She really slays so hard this time :jonny:

• Like 1

i was a bit meh on the idea of another low key album but it's growing on me a lot this morning, but daddy i love him esp goes so hard

Edited by makeawish

ive been having the album played in the background and its actually growing on me

i guess its just too much to digest the songs so this is probably the best approach for me for this album

still not over "Sophie and the Gang" being real.

• Haha 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.