Is anyone filling the void Katy left with "fun pop" ?

naval23

Which one?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is anyone filling Katys void of fun pop?

• Yes - XYZ is filling the fun pop void
    • No - fun pop is dated

Nope and you can tell by the amount of people on Twitter / TikTok begging her to come back :nicole:

That fun pop sound you are craving for is simply thanks to king Doctor luke. Only him can bring that sound back

• Thumbs Down 1

Me adding 10 new songs by new artists to my spotify today. :dies: No I dont miss her at all. :michael:

Sabrina 

• Like 1

Music comes and goes in cycles.

That "Teenage Dream" album sound is never coming back.

I remember when it came out, I only liked 1 of the singles.

I think the funniest part is that Katy Perry is more liked TODAY in retrospect then she was during her "peak."

Nobody knew she had earned 5 #1's even when they wrapped up the final singles for Teenage Dream. I didn't even know that until 2016.

Katy's main fanbase seemed to be people born in the 1990's.

It is very weird to think that people praise Katy Perry today. It just seems that it is mostly people born post-2002 who have an emotional attatchment to Katy and thus may have been seen as "bigger" than she really was. She wasn't as universal as the people who were in kindeegarden in 2011 make it seem she was.

Edited by Junipero
  • Confused 2

I think Carly would be the answer to go

No void left to fill for me. There's enough trash pop for you to indulge.

Also people in here comparing Carly to Katy are insane. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Yes.

Edited by OnikaSlays

No, they're not. Everyone is taking themselves wayyyy too seriously or taking forever to put anything out. It's like every song is this life or death situation. FURTHERMORE, I'm so sick of artists teasing songs without a release date or doing a tiktok sound for 3 months before releasing the songs...it creates such distrust between the artist/their fans. 

Sabrina is trying

Definitely. No one can do it like Katy, I miss her music so badly :gaycat6: 

I don't think so, a lot of people are chasing the critics nowadays. But I have a feeling that this is the "fun pop" she is talking about:

wWtEtwu.gif

7 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Doja Cat

Took way too long to find this answer tbh. 

In Jojo we trust

jojo-siwa-zz-main-240412-723037.jpg

I dont think there's any void.  The Milenials were in love with cutesy things like bubblegum pop-electropop candy like katy but looks like the Gen Z likes edgier things.
So, the fun pop niche is not something the new gens want. Maybe the Gen alpha will be more open to that type of style :giraffe:
But Jojo Siwa is too cringe to pull it oof. She lacks the edge. 

Yes, there are quite literally thousands of artists who are making "fun pop", and you would know this if you did not listen to the same five people over and over again. Acting like Katy's absence has left a void is silly when her descent into irrelevancy proves that she did not leave anything behind. People with legacies, people who fill a niche do not just get tossed aside the way Katy was. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.