HDD: 'TORTURED POETS' to debut at #1 with 2.60M units | 1.92M pure sales & 671k SEA

Feanor

1 minute ago, NEX said:

I don't know why @Feanoradded that 2m prediction to the OP. All they said was if only 1% of her Instagram followers bought the record it would translate to 2m+ sales. Clearly that kind of fantasy math never translated into actual sales for absolutely no artist ever 

Hmm, I think what the OP might say though is HDD knows that type of math does not pan out…and yet they included that number anyway which implies that based on what they are saying it is not outside the range of possibilities. 

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Raspberries

• wastedpotential

• Kitboga

I think she's got the 2M, which is absolute insanity in 2024. :jonny5:

Anyone expecting this to cross the 3M, let alone beat Adele's record, is setting themselves (and Taylor) up, though. I just don't see where that record will ever be broken. 

I think 2-2.3M is where this will land, which, again, absolute insanity. What a legend. :clap3:

7 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Anyone expecting this to cross the 3M, let alone beat Adele's record, is setting themselves (and Taylor) up, though.

No they are not. I'm not saying she is doing it but it's definitely not a set up when you see, for example, that Target preorders have gone from 70k (Midnights) and 85k (1989TV) to 250k.

16 hours ago, woohoo said:

This is what I'm thinking as well. IF the 2 million pre orders rumor is true, I can see 2.5-2.7 but if not, 2-2.3M. Even if she has sold 2 million now, she needs 1 million more for 3M AND 1.5 million more to beat Adele. 3 million just seems unrealistic but I also doubted her on Midnights and 1989 TV and Cruel Summers entire run and a 4th album of the year so what do I know? The first three days of streaming will be very telling 

If the 2M preorders rumor is true, which we don't know, around 400k SEA units would put the album at 2.4M, and 1989TV sold around 500k pure units on its first week without counting preorders. If she matches that, it would put the album at 2.9M units. And that is matching 1989TV's sales during the week, not improving them, which is the most likely scenario if there are 2M preorders.

• Like 1

i'm terrified omg :jonny: she's coming to slay your honor omg

• Haha 1

Easily. The hype, the power, and the promo is insane.

She should easily clear 2 milliion

The album had 2 threads so 2M makes sense /hj

4 hours ago, Assassin said:

No.

75319514_adelefo.thumb.gif.40bbd41062805

If the 2M pre-orders rumour is true she could absolutely break the record, and if the predictions are close Taylor and the swifties will do anything to break it.

The more I think about it the more I think she will. 1989 TV did 1.6M and more than Midnights, surely a new studio album would do over 1M more first week than that with how huge she's become since then.

This week is gonna crazy, the lowest I see her doing is 2.3M. I remember when I said she wouldn't sell 1M in 2014 so I'm not gonna underestimate her again. :deadbanana4: 

Edited by CaptainMusic

I think it will do around 2.6 million (1 million more than 1989 TV)

• Like 2

Here we go girls, the week has officially started - how high will she go?

h37LT9F.gif

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Here we go girls, the week has officially started - how high will she go?

h37LT9F.gif

I have a feeling that Spotify tweet will be coming especially early this time

h37LT9F.gif

UPDATE:

Both LPs moved north of 1.5m units in their opening weeks. The expectation for TTPD ranges from 1-2m, according to music biz analysts. But is there any possibility that Swift, who's successfully dominated recorded music, the live sector, the box office and the NFL over the last year and half, will not meet expectations? Would you bet against her? "Take the over" seems to be the near-unanimous response to a Swift projection.

HD

• Haha 1

I hope she clears 2m just for some kiis. I love a big splash in pop culture, there are barely any in this climate when the most exciting thing lately is Jojo Siwa.

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I love Taylor but wouldn't say i'm a die hard fan, but her release weeks are always so exciting just as a fan of pop music in general! I kinda love how up-front she is about being chart/record obsessed, I know it's not considered polite or gracious to be like that but we all want our fave to snatch the record and she's very unapologetically trying to gun for Adele's 25 week with this album, I can't believe she's released another FIFTEEN tracks 

• Like 8

Well... given that it's a secret double album I fear the impacts will be massive :deadbanana4:

Oh, this is not fair to Adele, it feels unethical at this point 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, the 1-2M prediction was before the Anthology. And given its STELLAR reception I wonder how much higher the roof will move

h37LT9F.gif

Not gonna jinx it but Im' predicting 2.5M - 3M:suburban:

6 hours ago, Green said:

I think it will do around 2.6 million (1 million more than 1989 TV)

I'm with this a bit, my prediction is 2.4-2.5m. She's going to shatter more records for sure.

8 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

The album had 2 threads so 2M makes sense /hj

3 threads 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

The Taylor's Versions will ruin her 1M opening streak but I'm glad I'm not a success stan. :heart:

It's going to do 3.5-4M. Insiders already said it was at 2.5M preorders and she'll sell a bunch during the week. She was possibly gonna beat Adele without the anthology but now it's certain 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.