HDD: 'TORTURED POETS' to debut at #1 with 2.60M units | 1.92M pure sales & 671k SEA

Feanor

they are being annoyingly safe :rip: She's clearly doing 2.8m as I predicted from the get go. They need to contact ME!.mp3 and have me write their predictions instead :-* 

Edited by IBeMe
  • Like 5

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Raspberries

• wastedpotential

• Kitboga

11 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I hope y'all are excited for the special surprise gift from Taylor's team and the numbers they've not yet reported at the end of the week :suburban:

Imagine the jump....from 2.4m to 48m :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Massive. :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Glam said:

I'm not sure about that. I feel like Taylor's fanbase is the biggest ever, but Adele had more GP appeal worldwide during 21. Taylor sells a huge amount of copies first week but then in the long run the multiplier is like X3 compared to first week sales. I really don't think TTPD is bigger than 21, BOMT or The Fame (Monster).

Either way the fact that Taylor has this level of hype and success nearly 20 years into her career proves she's probably the biggest solo artist ever, after only Michael Jackson. Surely her music has become more fan-centric and less appealing on a wide level, but that's pretty normal with artists that have been in the game for a while.

TTPD is bigger than BOMT for sure. It will go Diamond fast and Taylor's celebrity, which is synonymous with the release, is bigger than both Gaga and Britney's 

It's hard to compare TTPD to The Fame (which is bigger than BOMT by a lot) because of how singles are done now and how TF debuted small 

Your first week multiplier is also wrong. Midnights did 1.56M first week. It's at 7.1M now. folklore did 850k and is near 5.5M. Lover did 850k or something and is now at 7.3M. reputation did 1.2M and is over 7M. 1989 did 1.2M and is at like 12M :rip: 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

This is a gargantuan number for any artist.

But not sure why people are downplaying 25 number. 

It debuted with 3.4M first week and sold another 1.1M on second week :suburban:

And some members here thought that 1M itunes downloads were nothing :rip: 

Mind you that Hello debuted with 1.1M pure sales when it was first released. Something that was unheard of at that time :rip: 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glam said:

Taylor sells a huge amount of copies first week but then in the long run the multiplier is like X3 compared to first week sales. I really don't think TTPD is bigger than 21, BOMT or The Fame (Monster).

Taylor is the strongest catalogue seller of the 21st century...1989 will surpass TFM, all of her albums except for Evermore will surpass 20M in total consumption.

• Like 6

1.8M pure?

Thank you The Bolter

2.4M :rip:? And she's debuting with numbers, I thought I'd never see again a +2M debut, It'd amazing she'd cross +3M :gaycat3:

1 hour ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

@GAGAISTHEBESTYAthat pitchfork basement is sounding very cozy now :ryan3:

I remember being sent to one when Billboard uploaded +550k units first 3 days 

stephm.png

• Haha 6

Billboard just posted an article 

FIGURES THROUGH DAY 4: 

2.1 million total units 

1.6M pure sales (800k vinyls)

602 million streams

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 3

3 more days of activity... No Strings Attached is going down :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I don't stan Adele or Taylor but Idk why people keep trying to downplay what Taylor is accomplishing.

Like yeah, Adele's number were impressive but that was a one-off for Adele, just look at her massive decline with 30 and with the way things are looking for her, she's going to continue to decline.

Meanwhile, Taylor has been constantly doubling or maintaining her numbers for over a decade now. It is unprecedented and far more impressive than a one-off 3.4M first week followed by a meager (in her case) 839K. 

Adele's entire career isn't even nearly as impressive as Taylor's. It doesn't even come close. I mean this woman has been breaking records for like 18 years now and still no one is even coming close. It's quite literally insane. 

Exactly! I love me some Adele but this post is objectively true....Yes Adele did not milk her peak and what not but those are "what if" scenarios and truthfully no one knows what would have happened had she toured more or released more often...for all we know it would have only done a small different (or a big one?) but it's not the case so there is no point in fantasizing over it. The truth of the matter is Taylor's ongoing slayage is insanely impressive and far more impressive than simply having an enormous peak and then fizzling (slowly). Adele's success is enormous and she will likely be able to pull 500k+ debuts for her projects for the foreseeable future but Taylor's consistency is on another level and no contemporary is even in the same ball park at this point. Let's be real. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Billboard just posted an article 

FIGURES THROUGH DAY 4: 

2.1 million total units 

1.6M pure sales (800k vinyls)

602 million streams

Yeah I doubt she will sell 700k in 3 days. 

2,4M seems like a correct prediction

Taylor stomping :WAP:

Benson still top ten...I was told he'd fade after week one! Oh king :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

My guess is 2.6M

6 hours ago, RobynYoBank said:

Taylor is the strongest catalogue seller of the 21st century...1989 will surpass TFM, all of her albums except for Evermore will surpass 20M in total consumption.

I wasn't talking about Taylor as a whole. I was talking about this era compared to the biggest eras of other MPGs. Of course it's still too early to tell and even though I enjoy the new album, I don't hear as many bangers that can carry the album for that long (hopefully I'm wrong)

7 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Your first week multiplier is also wrong. Midnights did 1.56M first week. It's at 7.1M now. folklore did 850k and is near 5.5M. Lover did 850k or something and is now at 7.3M. reputation did 1.2M and is over 7M. 1989 did 1.2M and is at like 12M :rip: 

Are you sure you are not mixing worldwide numbers with US numbers? Idk it seems off to say Folklore sold over 5 million in the US.

16 minutes ago, Glam said:

Are you sure you are not mixing worldwide numbers with US numbers? Idk it seems off to say Folklore sold over 5 million in the US.

5.6m in January

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Thor said:

I don't stan Adele or Taylor but Idk why people keep trying to downplay what Taylor is accomplishing.

Like yeah, Adele's number were impressive but that was a one-off for Adele, just look at her massive decline with 30 and with the way things are looking for her, she's going to continue to decline.

Meanwhile, Taylor has been constantly doubling or maintaining her numbers for over a decade now. It is unprecedented and far more impressive than a one-off 3.4M first week followed by a meager (in her case) 839K. 

Adele's entire career isn't even nearly as impressive as Taylor's. It doesn't even come close. I mean this woman has been breaking records for like 18 years now and still no one is even coming close. It's quite literally insane. 

Because Adele doesn't care while Taylor CLEARLY does? :deadbanana4: 

It's more impressive for an artist to sell a shitload genuinely among the GP without even trying to cater to them than an artist who bases her entire career on coddling her fanbase to milk them dry every time she releases an album. 

Adele releases an album once every 4-5 years. She is not in it for the charts and achievements. She just makes music when she wants to and no, selling 800k+ first week with no variants (outside of the obvious format variants) is not unimpressive. 

You guys always feel the need to downplay Adele to build up Taylor and no one is falling for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 16

2 hours ago, Glam said:

Have you looked at its chart run :rip:

7 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

It doesn't mean anything, they were off with 1989 TV.

9 hours ago, Thor said:

I think the 30 era would have done better recently if people still had to buy albums/singles. 30 sold like 1.9 million pure in US so far, iirc. But streaming changed the game. She does not have an enthusiastic fanbase that would stream her songs every day. And that certainly hurts with streaming adjusted sales/daily streams. And also having just 11/12 tracks on the albums hurts a bit, at least on Billboard where they count every track, I believe. And as much as people dragged it here, "Easy on me" was the only thing from this era that felt like/performed almost like the usual Adele

Taylor's definitely the biggest star out there now though, and I don't think her success has been downplayed in the thread. It's more like waiting to see what the numbers will be in the end. Could be 2.8M still

4 hours ago, Gaia said:

Because Adele doesn't care while Taylor CLEARLY does? :deadbanana4: 

It's more impressive for an artist to sell a shitload genuinely among the GP without even trying to cater to them than an artist who bases her entire career on coddling her fanbase to milk them dry every time she releases an album. 

Adele releases an album once every 4-5 years. She is not in it for the charts and achievements. She just makes music when she wants to and no, selling 800k+ first week with no variants (outside of the obvious format variants) is not unimpressive. 

You guys always feel the need to downplay Adele to build up Taylor and no one is falling for that.

30 had variants, what are you even saying? :rip: