HDD: Taylor Swift is the most dominating artist "since the heyday of The Beatles"

Feanor

8577A831-C6C3-4903-B398-2FE0CE7111C5.jpeg?ssl=1

POETIC JUSTICE: A new Taylor Swift album is coming, and we will soon find out if she is still capable of single-handedly sucking all the oxygen out of every other conversation. Judging by the frenzied response to her presence in the crowd with Travis Kelce at Coachella, supporting her pals Ice Spice and Bleachers, she's not losing a scintilla of momentum. Not content to be merely the biggest music artist in the world, the Republic megastar and marketing visionary has, of late, simply become the biggest thing in the world, dominating the pop-cultural landscape in a way we haven't seen since the heyday of The Beatles.

Her Eras Tour, in the wake of which linguists are still minting extravagant new synonyms for "big,” was the first ever to gross $1b and will ultimately hit $1.6b; it continues its record-breaking run with, among other marvels, 15 U.K. stadium dates, eight of them Wembley shows that will put her before 700k+ punters in London alone. All this comes after the filmed version's fantastic, unprecedented performance at multiplexes (a new iteration of the film has begun streaming on demand). 

What will this next chapter in the history of Taylor's world domination look like? Strap in and stay tuned.

HDD

Will 'THE TORTUED POETS DEPARTMENT' continue this domination? Or put an end to it?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Cowboy

• byzantium

• WildHeart

• Uzumaki.

wbk

:oh:

They're right 

spacer.png

Taylormania: 2024's Version incoming.

spacer.png

• Like 1

legends only

Thank God I am from France then lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 Taylor = 5 Beatles

she's such a legend

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hurricane Taylor
we are not prepared :gaylorcat2:

But not a word or a hint about the preorders, damn

duh america truly lost it 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

The setup for Friday. I see you HDD.

• Like 1

perched for their predictions 

Except the quality is way lower this time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 14

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The setup for Friday. I see you HDD.

What set-up? 1989 TV outdid Midnights and it was an album that everyone already had. I think it's on lock that Poets will be in the same level of success for the first week. The question is if it will be Taylor's first to cross the 2 million first week threshold 

Isn't this their second article about her this week? I feel like they know something.

It's hard to compare because The Beatles had a very large peak and sold a lot of albums in a short amount of time (and their back catalogue continued to be really succesful even after they quit) whereas Taylor has had longevity and has been succesful with no real flops (except maybe Evermore, but it's streams are still quite good). 

I honestly consider the 25 year mark to be a good indication of whether she's gonna be able to keep this going. By that time she's gonna be 42 and the artists from the generation under will likely have catched up with more albums. It's gonna be interesting to see where her career goes after 2026-2027 when TS12 is done.

3 minutes ago, dman4life said:

Isn't this their second article about her this week? I feel like they know something.

They know that swifties will click on any article mentioning Taylor and pay for their next vacation to Bali with the ad revenue

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

13 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Except the quality is way lower this time.

oh you've heard the album? don't be shy to post a full review!!

• Like 3

Owning the world and ATRL :clap3:

11 minutes ago, Mdawg said:

oh you've heard the album? don't be shy to post a full review!!

I'm talking about her recent output overall. Like… comparing Midnights or Evermore with Abbey Road or White Album is laughable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

23 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

What set-up? 1989 TV outdid Midnights and it was an album that everyone already had. I think it's on lock that Poets will be in the same level of success for the first week. The question is if it will be Taylor's first to cross the 2 million first week threshold 

You just said it yourself.  Will it cross 2 million? That's what everyone is on pins and needles on

• Thanks 1

OTH hate to admit it :ryan3:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.