Is Dua still a Main Pop Girl?

ACaseOfBlues

In the U.S… no. Living here as a gay man, I can tell you that if she was a main pop girl, these new songs would be performing much better. Nobody cares. Wouldn't be surprised if she's forced to downgrade to amphitheaters for tour, she won't sell arenas.

Worldwide though, yes I think it's clear she's still definitely MPG status. She's got Europe in a chokehold.

• Haha 1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Ethereal

• gerardsuxx

• Blank Space

this line of dua threads this week is so insufferable

it's giving i cut my finger am i dead by the end of the week???

• Haha 4

Yes she is and you know this to be true. Go for a walk :khalyan2:

Edited by CottageHore

By European standards, yes, she is.

If she is given the opportunity to open the Grammys or host SNL, she definitely has relevance to her name.

Found a video of OP

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

UK isn't Europe as whole. The majority of her singles did better in the US than Europe outside the UK. Only her features (One Kiss and Cold Hearts) did better in Europe. Shes not a peak Gaga, Katy, Rihanna or Adele there bfr. Even the big FN singles peaked outside the top 10 in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc while they were #1 or #2 in the US. 

She didn't lose her MOG status because she never had it to begin with. 

all the Radical Optimism singles have been doing better in France than any FN single apart from Fever.. bffr she's still huge in Europe. you cannot compare peaks between the US (an English-language country) and Europe when the majority of the charts here are flooded with local songs, the fact that Dua can manage to get that type of success here is big, regardless of hitting the top 10 or not. she easily is the biggest international artist here, only Beyoncé and arguably Taylor are bigger than her currently in my country

Edited by kalli

Her MPG-status seemed so forced to begin with. One good album and you're an MPG now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blank Space said:

Dua already outlasted her

This comment is something 

Ha Ha Lol GIF

19 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

This comment is something 

Ha Ha Lol GIF

Dua 8th year in her career is on the cover of TIME magazine as one of "The world's most influential people". Katy in her 8th year released Rise. 

200.gif?cid=a595bef3qmlw9wz7sbspqx0nppyq

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Blank Space said:

Dua 8th year in her career is on the cover of TIME magazine as one of "The world's most influential people". Katy in her 8th year released Rise. 

200.gif?cid=a595bef3qmlw9wz7sbspqx0nppyq

You dare to compare Katy's discography to Dua's? Katy is here since at least 2008, she's a legend of pop and she knows how to present the narrative of the record. Duas records are all about dancing and love, there is no concept. Being on time magazine is the only indicator of being influential, like if you're not there it means you're not influential? Poor mind of yours… 

• Confused 1

Obviously. 

Ya'll need therapy. 

1 hour ago, Bends said:

She's B+ list.

Such a B list that she has deals with Versace, Porsche and Yves Saint Laurent, her last world tour grossed over 100 millions, this year arena shows sold out within minutes, has 76 million monthly listeners on Spotify only, her company earned 85 millions just last year, became first female artist with most 2 billion-stream songs on Spotify this year, Future nostalgia is  #1 best-selling female album of the 2020's decade and list goes on and on

B list for sure Uh Huh Yes GIF

Edited by mike_int

of course

On 4/15/2024 at 9:09 AM, LanaXtinaFan said:

In the U.S… no. Living here as a gay man, I can tell you that if she was a main pop girl, these new songs would be performing much better. Nobody cares. Wouldn't be surprised if she's forced to downgrade to amphitheaters for tour, she won't sell arenas.

Worldwide though, yes I think it's clear she's still definitely MPG status. She's got Europe in a chokehold.

if anyone in the us is still here for dua its the gays i have heard her every night ive been out ever 

Imagine posting this after the cover of "TIME 100 Most Influential People in the World" :duck:

ATRL lives in a bubble

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes, she's getting acclaim, and the tour will be a big success given how fast those arena shows sold out 

she already has like 12? big hits, she doesn't need more 

7 hours ago, Papi Juancho said:

Imagine posting this after the cover of "TIME 100 Most Influential People in the World" :duck:

ATRL lives in a bubble

and being there twice actually

2021                                                                                                                                                  2024

TIM210301_DUA.LIPA_.COVER_.jpgTIM240429-T100-Dua-Cover.jpg

was she even a MPG? She had success with her last era, but is apparently not able to maintain it. 

No, she never was at the level of main pop girl. She's at the level with Bebe Rexha, Rita Ora, Ava Max etc, just with better PR team behind and endless radio support 

• Thumbs Down 2

Yes. Y'all are doing too much on her just because DL3 singles tanked in the US. 

2 hours ago, honestopinion said:

No, she never was at the level of main pop girl. She's at the level with Bebe Rexha, Rita Ora, Ava Max etc, just with better PR team behind and endless radio support 

Married To Medicine Television GIF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.