Is Rina Sawayama done?

AvadaKedavra

I love Rina so much but now she's stuck in a similar situation to Kesha-Jojo-Raye with her label-matty healy :emofish:

Her momentum is now and she's unable to release any new music :gaycat6: She's losin all the hype she built from these last years.

Should we be more pro-active and start the #FREERINASAWAYAMA CAMPAIGN???????? All Over Social Media?

The title was clickbait for attention :eli:
Im just worried about her.  She's one of the most interesting East Asian artists in the planet. :heart:

I want Rina to Rise Again!!! 
Even if she's enemy of ATRL'S favorite brit pop girl aka Charli XCX

5d0149f12500004e12ddda9d.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

Are you supportin Rina? U want her free?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AvadaKedavra

• Miichael

• shookspeare

• Facelessboy

Top Posters In This Topic

If she keeps releasing sh*t music yes

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Did she start? I dont think shes done, she remains an indie star

What's going on with her bad contract?

"ATRL'S fave brit pop girl"

a talented musician that wastes all her potential on tiktok snippets that fagurts eat up like it's innovative. Von Flop, b****.

Edited by Démodé
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 11

I interacted with Rina once on a YouTube livestream during Quarantine and she seemed so excited about her new tour dates and how people got to know her music. It was very random so yes, I think she deserves a chance just like it happened with Raye. 

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Did she start? I dont think shes done, she remains an indie star

She was slowly growin into someone bigger.   Even bookin big film roles. Gettin more traction :giraffe:
She's highly highly creative and a fantastic performer.  Her first album was so refreshin and unique. A cocktail of so many interesting genres.
The lyrics were also deep and not only about love. Rare for a Popgirl. 

but in her second album she tried to appeal to the gays and make them feel happy-safe instead of following her own path.  Basically her BTW
Sadly the gays. They switch. Now they hate her :rip: 

nicki-nicki-minaj.gif

Now she's unable to release new music and stuck in this limbo could ruin her career

She has so much to give . I want a whole experimental dance-electronic record or urban r&b one from her :gayoncecat3:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nah yalp need to stop worrying about indie artists. She has a niche fanbase and will keep releasing. Is she even with a big label.

If the music gets better, she can do it

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

What's going on with her bad contract?

It is awkward/ inconvenient that both Rina and her arch nemesis (Matt Healy) both happen to be signed to the same Indie label. Is this why she's in limbo?

I would like to think the executives at Dirty Hit are not as misogynistic as Rina has indicated they are.  Hopefully there is someone there who is both logical and objective about the interplay between artist relationships.

I hope the label is big enough that both Rina and the 1975 have separate artist liaisons/ teams backing their corner.

Rina is still considered to be one of the most cutting edge/ underground artists of this era, so I very much doubt her time is over and I'm sure there are bigger and things yet to come from her.

• Like 3

She never hit it big so no

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

It is awkward/ inconvenient that both Rina and her arch nemesis (Matt Healy) both happen to be signed to the same Indie label. Is this why she's in limbo?

I would like to think the executives at Dirty Hit are not as misogynistic as Rina has indicated they are.  Hopefully there is someone there who is both logical and objective about the interplay between artist relationships.

I hope the label is big enough that both Rina and the 1975 have separate artist liaisons/ teams backing their corner.

Rina is still considered to be one of the most cutting edge/ underground artists of this era, so I very much doubt her time is over and I'm sure there are bigger and things yet to come from her.

Yes she's a in bad situation. Here quotin her last interview

"I feel really trapped and don't know what to do" :emofish:

After Kesha was trapped with dr luke her fanbase dipped so much. Kesha was a mainstream artist.
Rina has a smaller fanbase :gaycat4: hope she's able to be free. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Thanks 1

the vitriol this woman has randomly awaken in gay men needs to be studied :deadbanana:

• Like 7

I hope so :chick3: I will be supporting either way :heart2:

I own the RINA EP on vinyl and it's one of my favorite pieces of pop music

But anything she released afterwards has barely interested me, some of the SAWAYAMA songs were great but she went completely sappy on HTG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Some of yall are truly disgusting, b-b-uT MisOgyNy DoEsn't ExiSt In tHiS ForUm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I would like to see her make a song as good as Beg For You and the Free Woman (Remix) on her own project.

I do like her first project?? The one that everybody likes. It's a pretty pleasant experience.

Edited by selena_lavigne

She never started lol

she was always a niche poptimism chick 

I know it can be horrible to be in the situation she's rn with her label and being betrayed by friends but she just keeps complaining and we get it. But she seems to only talk about her struggles and sadly people get bored of that constant attitude.

maybe she should do sth different while she keeps being trapped like do a YT show interviewing indie/asian artists or maybe do an alien show like Kesha or Demi but she just posting rants on social media won't let the problem go away and people will start to abandon her because of her lack of material

Edited by Julia Fox

i'm really worried about her situation, but she's a great artist so i'm sure her fans will still be here when she next releases new music, i know i will be, btw yes HTG was different to sawayama but its still a great album, the draggings are incredibly old

No, and y'all need to stop with this narrative that HTG was somehow a sophomore slump when it was actually bigger commercially than her debut, her touring numbers grew a lot, and she got a lot more mainstream recognition. Just because ATRL and some twitter gays didn't like it doesn't mean that others didn't. She will probably continue to be a niche act and that's okay.

• Thanks 4

She will be fine, get that disgusting man out of your OP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.