Just had one of the most scary momento of my life

Cloudy

So I came out of work pretty late at around 3am. And I was browsing Grindr and this empty profile messages me he asks me where I am because we were relatively near and I said the zone I am walking at that moment we exchange a few words and he talks about sharing pics.

So I share a body pic and then he shares one as well, I am not interested and I politely reply I look for another kind of man. Well so he keeps insisting, he asks me if I'm at the river bed or the long walk full of vegetation near it. I don't replay and he keeps messaging me ominous things like he is getting closer and that he is going to catch me so I end up blocking him

Turns out I suddenly feel nervous and uncomfortable so I decide to turn around and go back to my home so as I do that I see a glimpse of a shadow in the bushes far away, clearly a man with a hood.

You could easily see and feel that he was observing me and I get nervous and I shopt straight back hom crossing the road so I try to play it off as if I hadn't realised but I can clarly see that he is marching my step on the other side of the road and I get really nervous. He eventually passes me and crosses the roads and makes ir seem like he is going to the direction on the right side of the road, I end up losing him because of a wall so I keep walking (looking back and should have turned around and went the oposite direction but I wouldnt hava mattered because there was really only forward at that point.

So I get as far as I can and I thought he disappeared but no he was behind some bushes waiting for me at certain distance. So I notice I have my show lace undone and I use a bench to tie it and I take the chance to survey what was behind me and I could see him preying behind the bushes.

I continue forward and I can see him walk behind him, like the guy wasnt even being subtle. I almost cried, I picked up the pace as soon as I saw some people in the distance. I didnt even want to turn around more but I did and I think I lost him, I checked on the other side on the vegetation forest side of the rode and couldnt see him and more passerbyes appeared so I felt I was safe, still I did a BIG diversion just in case he would actually find where I live

This has actually been one of the scariest moments of my life, I feel dumb, but I actually teared up when I got safe home

• Like 1

Yet you're still going to continue to hook up with strangers from a one-night-stand app and send half naked photos to someone the app says is close to you :toofunny2:

arad.thumb.gif.699e24183f180c0d5ec102a59

It's genuinely sad these things happen, but things like this are the equivalent of holding a million dollars in cash in a broke area and being shocked if you get robbed

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 10

2 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Yet you're still going to continue to hook up with strangers from a one-night-stand app

and that is why he deserves to get preyed on? wtf

hope you are safe and get a gun

• Like 1

Sad that happened to you. While most interactions can be more than rewarding, there are potential consequences when using these kinds of apps with no meaningful interactions. It's like putting your D into a glory hole: while you know most of the interactions are going to be rewarding, there's still a slight probability of getting your D burned, cut, bitten, etc. 

This is by no means to defend that creepy dude. That people deserve the worst for doing that.

Edited by Summerboy95
  • Like 1

in my country not long ago a guy hooked up with another tru grindr and he turned out to be a raging homophobe, probably closeted and ended up killing the other guy. 

3 minutes ago, Karla Cabello said:

and that is why he deserves to get preyed on? wtf

hope you are safe and get a gun

I didn't say he deserves it, but what do you expect if you're sending near-naked photos to someone who you don't know, you've never met and you haven't seen their face and the app says they're close to you?

The world is full of horrible and scary and they are to blame, but knowing this, we do have to take obvious safety precautions.

Edited by Saintlor
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Yet you're still going to continue to hook up with strangers from a one-night-stand app and send half naked photos to someone the app says is close to you :toofunny2:

It's genuinely sad these things happen, but things like this are the equivalent of holding a million dollars in cash in a broke area and being shocked if you get robbed

The dude he messaged was a creep & scary as hell. Sorry you had to go through that, OP.

Wanting a hook up shouldn't mean the possibility of being stalked. I hope that guy falls of a cliff.

Edited by elevate

this feels straight out of a horror movie

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saintlor said:

I didn't say he deserves it, but what do you expect if you're sending near-naked photos to someone who you don't know, you've never met and you haven't seen their face and the app says they're close to you?

grindr should be a safe space for people to hook-up, that is the point of the app after all

Just now, Karla Cabello said:

grindr should be a safe space for people to hook-up, that is the point of the app after all

Should be, but thats not how the world works.

There are a lot of things in life that should be fine, but that doesn't mean it's going to work out that way. So we obviously need to have common sense by doing things to prevent bad things from happening. eg: not messaging half naked photos to a man nearby to you that you don't know anything about and have no face photos of him

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

girl, don't be nasty. 

Getting on a location-based dating app doesn't equate to asking for creeps to prey on him.

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

girl, don't be nasty

Getting on a location-based dating app doesn't equate to asking for creeps to prey on him.

be what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Okay, no one should be stalked because they sent a torso pic to someone.

Be safe on Grindr ATRLsties!

Sorry that happened to you OP.

Also @Saintlor isn't wrong in what they're saying. Of course you didn't deserve this OP, and ideally people like that creep wouldn't exist, but they do and sadly things like this do happen. I believe @Saintlor is just being realistic about the potential risks and consequences so that you can protect yourself better in future.

It's obviously been a tough night for you so I hope you manage to get some rest now. :heart2:

Edited by Burn
  • Like 2

I would've been ready to box him (unless he was 10x your size) 

19 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

I was walking through that park and only when we exchanged photos he started asking if I was near the river or close the forest walk that's there on that park. He never mentioned anything about cruising so he could have easily been in any of the nearby buildings in his house browsing the app and I said I wasnt interested.

Somehow he casually was wondering at the same spot i was and I when I stopped and looked up I caught a glimpse of him in the distance behind some bushes observing me directly and I all K could see was his hoody. I've had lots of experiences with other boys, some of them have become my dearest friends from the app, this was honestly the most scared I've been in my life.

• Like 1

Hope you're okay 

This is creepy :biblio: hope you're okay OP

8 minutes ago, Sun said:

I would've been ready to box him (unless he was 10x your size) 

I mean I would have beat him up had it come up to it, but it was the whole atmosphere of me veing in the middle of and empty big park and suddenly realising theres a dude in a hoody behind the bushes I can barely see and realising he has recignized me and he is following me. I was trembling

I'm glad you're safe. This is why I don't use Grindr anymore, where I live at least it's full of sketchy empty profiles and nothing more. Instead, I use Scruff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cloudy said:

I was walking through that park and only when we exchanged photos he started asking if I was near the river or close the forest walk that's there on that park. He never mentioned anything about cruising so he could have easily been in any of the nearby buildings in his house browsing the app and I said I wasnt interested.

Somehow he casually was wondering at the same spot i was and I when I stopped and looked up I caught a glimpse of him in the distance behind some bushes observing me directly and I all K could see was his hoody. I've had lots of experiences with other boys, some of them have become my dearest friends from the app, this was honestly the most scared I've been in my life.

Well, there is something very particular about this story: he said that he was going to catch you. It's like he was trying to scare you. When people want to rob or kill you, I don't think they would be so "expressive" about it: they would just do it. 

Of course, that person is not mentally okay. Please be safe!

if he's a serial killer then what's the worst that could happen to a girl who's already hurt?

Edited by popmusicisdead
  • Haha 5

Sorry that happened to you. I've been followed a couple of times and it is really scary. Glad you got away without anything bad happening 

That was me. I know where u live and I'm coming to twist ur nipples in ur sleep.

Spoiler

Jk Stay safe and stop sending ur pics to nearby strangers at 3am:suburban:

This would make a great Llama Arts episode.

Next time be smarter than sharing your exact location to someone you met online 2 minutes ago. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.