Jennifer Lopez enters Oscar race

X~MoviePoP

35 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

What in this project gives oscar nominated movie?. Everything gives average commercial good feeling movie at the best.

The blind side, king richard and many other types of movies like this beg to differ. If made correctly with a feel good script it can get oscar noms

How nice of Ben to help his wife out.

Hopefully it works for her but if Hustlers with all the acclaim and GP/PR hype and goodwill couldnt give that nomination her, then nothing will. 

It's giving the blind side situation 

Unimpressed Nene Leakes GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shelter said:

It would be hilarious if she did, the haters would fume. Mariah fans would be calling helplines. 

I'm here for it. 

Maybe we can call the same helpline the JLo stans called when they were so sure she was getting that Hustlers nom.

tNuh6Ik.gif

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Marianah Adkins said:

Hopefully it works for her but if Hustlers with all the acclaim and GP/PR hype and goodwill couldnt give that nomination her, then nothing will. 

well the film got no noms, its hard to get solo nommed in supporting. Possible but hard, last ten years was previous lead winner bates, and brooks reprising her Tony nominated performance

The hate train against Jlo right now is so whack, it's out of hand. Hope this and Kiss Of A Spider Woman do well for her!

Edited by Dark Miracles
  • Like 1

I need to see JLo be Oscar nominated soooo bad

But this can't be another Hustlers situation where her performance is the only thing about the movie getting awards buzz. Hopefully Jharrel Jerome's performance is also in contention so she doesn't need to do all the heavy lifting again

barbiegrande

Ben will not save her career, but he's a good man for trying

5 hours ago, Rocket said:

Maybe we can call the same helpline the JLo stans called when they were so sure she was getting that Hustlers nom.

tNuh6Ik.gif

Mariah stans are well known to the helpline, the lines went down due to traffic when J Lo lost the Razzie to Mariah 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

No matter what haters said, this woman keeps hustling!!

Such an inspiration tbh.

Good luck with that.

5 hours ago, Cardcaptor Sakura said:

No matter what haters said, this woman keeps hustling!!

Such an inspiration tbh.

If she didn't get a nom for Hustlers, then she isn't getting for whatever this movie is.

• Haha 1

Why was this thread made before the movie even got screened for critics? :toofunny3:

I don't think she commands enough respect from acting branch for her to get lots of #1 votes for nomination to happen :suburban:

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2024 at 9:04 PM, SharGaga said:

The thing with JLo is everytime I've seen her on screen you can tell she's acting. After 30 years I don't she's gonna magically become a more believable actor. She's mediocre at best. She's beautiful, marketable and hard working. That's what most of the hype is about in my opinion. 

As if any of this is necessary to be granted an Oscar nomination. Please.

:rip:

We've watched numerous subpar actors/actresses garner nominations for subpar roles over the years/decades simply due to the magnitude of their PR campaigns, friendships across Hollywood and sheer networking acumen. 

Lopez is a lot of things but she's a decent actress that could easily supersede expectations with the right role. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

As if any of this is necessary to be granted an Oscar nomination. Please.

:rip:

We've watched numerous subpar actors/actresses garner nominations for subpar roles over the years/decades simply due to the magnitude of their PR campaigns, friendships across Hollywood and sheer networking acumen. 

Lopez is a lot of things but she's a decent actress that could easily supersede expectations with the right role. 

I've only seen like 3 JLo movies so don't mind me.

Not sure about this movie. But the two movies she's working on right now will have a good chance.

The hate train is just with the chronically online haters and clout chasers.

15 hours ago, Assassin said:

If she didn't get a nom for Hustlers, then she isn't getting for whatever this movie is.

She has more oscar-bait movies coming up.

If anything, she's a great actress and critics now usually praise her for acting but they don't praise her movies. 

This is a pipe dream I'm afraid x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.