Jennifer Lopez enters Oscar race

X~MoviePoP

Coming out this fall during Oscar season. Best supp actress contender?

Jlo is an amazing dramatic actress and this is quite a different role for her.

Unenter it :suburban:

• Haha 8

With all the vitriol she's getting from her movie, docu, tour- she better hustle for that Oscar nom. 

Ben Affleck movies been boring for a while. More the cells pls

At least it has nothing to do with that godawful Amazon movie she has. 

we love her again music video GIF by Lady Gaga

If the movie is done well this role will be very good for her public image, Oscar or not. I don't know if she's ever played a mother to someone in their 20s/older before. 

An Oscar nom would huge for her, especially since her hate train has been in ***** Eating Crackers territory for a minute now.

Just now, Virgos Groove said:

An Oscar nom would huge for her, especially since her hate train has been in ***** Eating Crackers territory for a minute now.

She needs an enormous PR support to get a nom. 

The casting is not believable but I do hope she gets an Oscar nomination since the hate she gets is so tired and misogynistic. 

Best Supporting Actress and Best Original Song nominations are coming. The song will be called...

UNSTOPPABLE. 

spacer.png

Edited by SoldierofLove
  • Like 1

The thing with JLo is everytime I've seen her on screen you can tell she's acting. After 30 years I don't she's gonna magically become a more believable actor. She's mediocre at best. She's beautiful, marketable and hard working. That's what most of the hype is about in my opinion. 

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

The thing with JLo is everytime I've seen her on screen you can tell she's acting. After 30 years I don't she's gonna magically become a more believable actor. She's mediocre at best. She's beautiful, marketable and hard working. That's what most of the hype is about in my opinion. 

even in selena?

Here for it! :clap3:

36 minutes ago, Bends said:

She needs an enormous PR support to get a nom. 

Somewhat. People have been anticipating this biopic and if it's done well and can secure other noms, then it's definitely easier for her to ride that already strong PR. Plus Amazon has the ability to push a campaign and if Ben/Matt publicly support and do press then that helps more. From the description this is her strongest chance yet, but it obviously all depends on the quality of script, directing, acting etc. 

.... she should've been a frontrunner for Hustlers tbh :giraffe:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ALA said:

.... she should've been a frontrunner for Hustlers tbh :giraffe:

It would be hilarious if she did, the haters would fume. Mariah fans would be calling helplines. 

I'm here for it. 

• Haha 1

I seriously doubt it. But since movies that go straight to Streaming services are eligible For awards consideration these days, i'm sure her record breaking Worst Actress nomination is coming. She would break her current tie with Madonna (and Demi Moore and Melanie Griffith).

Jerome has pretty good project selection so I'm optimistic

44 minutes ago, TotallyHot said:

I seriously doubt it. But since movies that go straight to Streaming services are eligible For awards consideration these days, i'm sure her record breaking Worst Actress nomination is coming. She would break her current tie with Madonna (and Demi Moore and Melanie Griffith).

Another Razzie is coming :suburban:

Good luck with booking that Oscar you speak of :cm:

Rooting for the biggest commercially viable latina actress of all time and multi-talented entertainer who broke many doors and is an important cultural icon of the millennium era who carried box office romcoms success on her back in early 2000s :clap3:

What in this project gives oscar nominated movie?. Everything gives average commercial good feeling movie at the best.

Edited by vale9001

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.