The Guardian on Lanachella: pitchy vocals, lifeless delivery

conquxror

I only seen the Billie duet and her entrance.

She is a studio artist, but hey if people enjoy it then good for them. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• conquxror

• RideOrDie

• Richie.Valdez

• The7thStranger

They spillT. 

Some were born to be studio artists.... and that's okay.

yhegLx4.jpg

With the way her fans act you would think she's Beyoncé level performance talent but she's literally on par with Salena Gomez in terms of performance.

wbk she cant perform. but does it really matter when her discography slays either way.

I find it funny tho that the mantra "being a performer is not a requirement" only applies to certain artists but not Lana who imo also should be given the same soft treatment that other similarly vocally talented singers have been given here in this forum.

2 hours ago, JO1s said:

With the way her fans act you would think she's Beyoncé level performance talent but she's literally on par with Salena Gomez in terms of performance.

This. And her music is not that good, she's just overhyped. 

• Like 1

I mean, I ADORE Lana, but she's probably one of the worst performers of all time. In the end, those 2012 haters were right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not surprising that Lana is a terrible performer. She is an amazing songwriter no doubt but there no point defending her lack skill set on stage. I don't understand why fans are mad when it's true. Lana is simply not for everyone and not everybody is going to enjoy Lana attitude or whatever she does on stage just because she has a couple of iconic songs like summer time sadness. 

2 hours ago, JO1s said:

Lana is not a performer, Lana is a singer-songwriter.

She writes her own songs, she doesn't buy credits nor does she latches on credits just because she added a (Girl!) here and there.

It was a spectacle and she did it in a very Lana way but it did feel a bit awkward and confused at times

1 minute ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Lana is not a performer,

We can tell

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's what I gathered whilst watching the livestream.

Yeah, she's ass at performing lol. 

Right back in 2012 again with these "she can't sing!!” meltdowns. Her third peak is upon us! :WAP:

There were a few cute moments but they told no lies lol. She's been around for ages now and still lacks stage presence, especially one that would move a crowd that huge. No one's saying you have to be some electric showstopper with a massive production/choreography/props, etc but you do need to have PRESENCE and charisma. I'm still trying to figure out how she became such a festival circuit mainstay. Her act is clearly more suited for clubs and theaters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think her material or performance "style" is befitting of a music festival, like Coachella. It does her a disservice, she's better suited to intimate theatres. 

torturedpoet
15 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

lana is a better singer than taylor

Yeah good job finding the one performance where she doesn't shine like a dying cat on heroin. 

15 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

The audacity when you stan that woman in your avi. :rip:

The woman in my avi is on a highly acclaimed tour where she deliver consistently good performances. Something Lana couldn't do even if they swapped lives bffr.

yeah her performance here was really bad but I saw her last year in Amsterdam and she was phenomenal so it must just be a bad day for her tbh. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for weekend 2 

1 hour ago, torturedpoet said:

The woman in my avi is on a highly acclaimed tour where she deliver consistently good performances. Something Lana couldn't do even if they swapped lives bffr.

Lana is by far more talented than Taylor so don't even .. just sit down and eat your food. 

Did a lot of the audience actually leave or is this for clicks and giggles??? :celestial5:

They hate her again!

moo.png

Anyway my girl was nervous,I could tell but I didn't like how she would skip parts of some songs, that's just lazy to me,sorry

As another data point, this really isn't surpising when you consider that the Guardian is a British outlet. British critics tend to be really harsh when it comes to even slightly poor performances.

Cheryl Cole had that TV incident. Janet got racked over the coals over Glastonbury.

What were they expecting from a Lana Del Rey performance though ? You listen to her at night when you have issues to fall asleep. If you want to have fun, dance and sing along bops, Lana isn't the right artist. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I love her and would love to see her live, but as a headliner her music/vocals/presence wasn't a good idea. Someone else should have closed the night.

torturedpoet
2 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Lana is by far more talented than Taylor so don't even .. just sit down and eat your food. 

In what exactly? Twirling? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.