Taylor declined a 9M offer to perform in the UAE

Michael196

9M? They do know her tour is averaging $18M per night right? 

stephm.png

• Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrpartyrocker

• The Music Industry

• Blue Rose

• Miss Americana

Oh wow!!! 

Does anyone know if they are still looking to hire talent?!

I am available this weekend!!

9 million? They can try Sears. Why would she even entertain such a low offer, when less successful artists than her are getting more money for private appearances. Politics aside, the math just isn't mathing. :celestial5:

Edited by modeblock

10 hours ago, Avantpop said:

her activism is so performative we just know the $$$ wasn't good enough for her

Pretty much, lol. 

i dont get the greedy comment, the girl is greedy but not for the money, she is greedy for the number to back up her legendary status.

The girl have that drive and that`s why she worked hard for it.

If the drive is just money then she retired long time ago, you do know with 200m-300m in bank account, she can lives 10 comfortable luxury life, right?

Duh. 9M is nothing to her and she lose way more in the reputational harm.

The Hives and Navys need to shut the hell up. Beyonce performed for a homophobic country while Rihanna performed for a Billionaire. 

1 hour ago, The 1 said:

The Hives and Navys need to shut the hell up. Beyonce performed for a homophobic country while Rihanna performed for a Billionaire. 

Taylor performed in homophobic countries too. Don't act like the USA is a innocent country lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 hours ago, Embustera said:

Taylor performed in homophobic countries too. Don't act like the USA is a innocent country lol. 

Lol, are you really comparing the USA to the UAE? LGBTQ+ individuals do not have any rights in the UAE and face imprisonment there.

In the USA, LGBTQ+ individuals are allowed to express themselves and can marry.

Lastly, Taylor is from the USA. Of course, she will perform there. How stupid.

Taylor never performed in any country where LGBTQ+ people face imprisonment for expressing themselves. Get your facts right.

Edited by The 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:11 PM, dumbsparce said:

Taylor > Beyonce in talent, success, impact and now morals confirmed  :fan:

Boo, nobody is offering her more than that because people know she's not a good singer nor the greatest performer.

That is why that other SINGER you tried to shade was offer 3x times that.

:fan:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Boo, nobody is offering her more than that because people know she's not a good singer nor the greatest performer.

That is why that other SINGER you tried to shade was offer 3x times that.

I was joking, I just hate Beyonce more than I find Taylor to be mediocre :mandown:

But to your point, why would they even ask Taylor to do a show for them if they thought "she's not a good singer or performer"? It doesn't add up. And who knows if that triple amount of money Beyonce got was the initial offer? She could have negotiated for triple for all we know.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, The 1 said:

Lol, are you really comparing the USA to the UAE? LGBTQ+ individuals do not have any rights in the UAE and face imprisonment there.

Taylor never performed in any country where LGBTQ+ people face imprisonment for expressing themselves. Get your facts right.

We won't stop acting as if Taylor has always been an ally now, right? She started doing so when it was cool to do it online.

Let's not rewrite history now.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Are people still pretending an entire country doesn't deserve a performance because of their government? This website will never not be chronically online. 

4 hours ago, abrahamjmr said:

We won't stop acting as if Taylor has always been an ally now, right? She started doing so when it was cool to do it online.

Let's not rewrite history now.

As I have said, Taylor has never performed in these arab nations  where LGBTQ+ people are being imprisoned.

Edited by The 1

1 hour ago, Fleahive said:

Are people still pretending an entire country doesn't deserve a performance because of their government? This website will never not be chronically online. 

Just because your fave performed for a country where LGBTQ+ people are being imprisoned doesn't mean it is okay to perform in those countries.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Can't say I care for 90% of her music. But I admire her as a businesswoman and philanthropist. I think she's a good person at heart.

19 hours ago, The 1 said:

The USA is worse than UAE. I have lived in both countries. 

• Haha 4

On 4/11/2024 at 10:51 AM, mrpartyrocker said:

You need to be more humble and know your place. You can't talk about greedy artists when Taylor herself would sell her own pants for 10m and you would buy that. 

:rogue:

rihanna stans know your place challenge

• Like 1

if that's the level of news we're discussing... I decided not to drive backwards on the highway today!!

9M is just coins for her. Of course she would say no. 

And to those saying she's not greedy, wake up honeys, she's a billionaire. There's no billionaire who's not greedy. 

mr burns success GIF

Edited by alexrex

On 4/14/2024 at 8:13 PM, The 1 said:

As I have said, Taylor has never performed in these arab nations  where LGBTQ+ people are being imprisoned.

That does not mean she's an ally to the community and just because she released a song; a terrible one, acknowledging us doesn't change the fact that she remained quiet about LGBTQ+ rights for half of her career. Stop being bitter about Bey being offered almost 4x times what Taylor was offered and move on.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, abrahamjmr said:

That does not mean she's an ally to the community and just because she released a song; a terrible one, acknowledging us doesn't change the fact that she remained quiet about LGBTQ+ rights for half of her career. Stop being bitter about Bey being offered almost 4x times what Taylor was offered and move on.

They think by not performing she is doing something, but has she spoken out why she hasn't performed in those countries or about gays in those countries? :rip: 

15 hours ago, Shelter said:

They think by not performing she is doing something, but has she spoken out why she hasn't performed in those countries or about gays in those countries? :rip: 

Its logistics which is why most popstars don't step foot into those regions.

I know Taylor is not a saint and it is okay but what the hell are you Beyoncé stans doing here?

Beyonce didn't perform for her fans, she performed for the lawmakers and billionaires who made those laws. None of the old men in the crowd cared about her or her music. It is just a very big display of money and power to show that they can rent huge popstars.

We may not know exactly why Taylor declined to perform there but what we do know is she performs for weddings of her gay fans FOR FREE.

• Like 3

This thread is so funny.

"no MY POS billionaire fav has more morals than YOUR POS billionaire fav" :toofunny2:

Taylor and Beyonce are both going to hell with the rest of these MPG's for being greedy POS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.