• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• professor2000

• Alex

• makeme

scream at this getting radio play when it's DOA on all other platforms. maybe RCA should send some cheques to get it going on tiktok lol

59 minutes ago, Alex said:

scream at this getting radio play when it's DOA on all other platforms. maybe RCA should send some cheques to get it going on tiktok lol

didn't Vegas take a whole ass month to get goin on streaming ... we will be ok

if not we can always have our first radio carried single lol

8 hours ago, dabunique said:

didn't Vegas take a whole ass month to get goin on streaming ... we will be ok

if not we can always have our first radio carried single lol

They actually sent Vegas once it was taking off and top 10 on spotify usa. I don't think a radio release was ever planned initially 

-

This song is going to ruin her glorious radio streak I fear 

9 hours ago, makeme said:

This song is going to ruin her glorious radio streak I fear 

I'd say give it time let's not give up hope just yet

It's not on TTH anymore lol

Time to focus on MASC

1 hour ago, Flocon said:

It's not on TTH anymore lol

Time to focus on MASC

It can always come back if song takes off.  I feel like this happened to another one of her singles. "Boss *****" maybe? 

yeah i'm searchin and searchin and OKLOSER is out of TTH, hopefully it comes back 

Is it smashing and we have wait at least 4 weeks :biblionny:

the worst on the deluxe getting single treatment?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
Doja Cat - OKLOSER

+0.95

Nice cute update for yesterday

Edited by dabunique
  • Like 1

We Gon get an OKLOSER performance. And da video should be out shortly 

I'm very curious why there seems to be such a disconnect with this song? Like evidently there's actually a great push for the song (Top 40 on Pop already, #2 TTH debut + cover) but it isn't being streamed like... at all? Not even in her top 10 most popular songs on spotify which is... worrying. @dabunique @professor2000 

I'm curious to see if her late night show appearance and a music video can really turn this around.  

Edited by Alex

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I'm very curious why there seems to be such a disconnect with this song? Like evidently there's actually a great push for the song (Top 40 on Pop already, #2 TTH debut + cover) but it isn't being streamed like... at all? Not even in her top 10 most popular songs on spotify which is... worrying. @dabunique @professor2000 

I'm curious to see if her late night show appearance and a music video can really turn this around.  

u kno she's always late to da party, she loves giving her haterz ammunition to talk **** and then poof it becomes a hit

I think the performance is due to this being a deluxe track thats from an album thats already had mixed reception from the get go. 

PTTR smashed during the height of her controversy, and then Agora Hills because it's genuinely one of her best songs following the smash that was PTTR.

Maybe we're seeing the true effects of all the madness last year now with this however. I'm not worried if this flops but too early to tell yet! We have a solid summer to look forward to and I have faith Doja & the label are planning on rebuilding her reputation (which is what we're seeing with the overwhelmingly positive response of coachella).

Or maybe OKLOSER is just a mediocre song, with no hook or standout lyrics.

4 hours ago, masochizm said:

I think the performance is due to this being a deluxe track thats from an album thats already had mixed reception from the get go. 

PTTR smashed during the height of her controversy, and then Agora Hills because it's genuinely one of her best songs following the smash that was PTTR.

Maybe we're seeing the true effects of all the madness last year now with this however. I'm not worried if this flops but too early to tell yet! We have a solid summer to look forward to and I have faith Doja & the label are planning on rebuilding her reputation (which is what we're seeing with the overwhelmingly positive response of coachella).

This…and in general there's still been minimal promo.  I was literally talking to someone on X/Twitter, they were like "why is she going on a talk show, she has nothing to promote?"

:gaycat6:

People STILL  know about the deluxe like that.  On top of them not having a video was a choice.  I thought they were gonna drop it today.  Guess there's not one.  :toofunny3:

Scrap it all…and let's get on to the new era.  Bonus tracks are good though…but I'm kinda over it LOL 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, masochizm said:

Reputation is a part of it. She rarely ever does interviews, and disappears online for large chunks of time.  And when she is online, it's always something controversial going on.  :rip: She's letting the internet run the narrative, instead of showcasing the ways she's an amazing artist + performer.  

I really wish she would get more vocal about her art…PROMOTE it. Makes it harder for music to get recognition when you're always in hiding. :rip: …or doing some half ass release strategy.  Like WHY didn't we get a video for OKLOSER if that was going to radio?  No teasing before the deluxe dropped? 

This is why it appears she's a "TikTok artist" because she doesn't promote her stuff anywhere else :rip:  And with the bonus tracks they can't even rely on TikTok b/c that would require people to know she even released them.  😭😭😭

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Reputation is a part of it. She rarely ever does interviews, and disappears online for large chunks of time.  And when she is online, it's always something controversial going on.  :rip: She's letting the internet run the narrative, instead of showcasing the ways she's an amazing artist + performer.  

I really wish she would get more vocal about her art…PROMOTE it. Makes it harder for music to get recognition when you're always in hiding. :rip: …or doing some half ass release strategy.  Like WHY didn't we get a video for OKLOSER if that was going to radio?  No teasing before the deluxe dropped? 

This is why it appears she's a "TikTok artist" because she doesn't promote her stuff anywhere else :rip:  And with the bonus tracks they can't even rely on TikTok b/c that would require people to know she even released them.  😭😭😭

Facts lol. Well hopefully this is all changing with Jimmy next week and we get to see her charismatic ass in full action! 

RCA must know that her TikTok power isn't going to last forever

Like I said in the other thread, let's make  Wet Vagi** a streaming single . Okloser is cute but Wet Vagi** is iconic

• Like 2

Anyone else think they moved away from the standard too quickly. She could have easily released two more singles :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.