JADE - "Angel Of My Dreams"

glitch

This doesn't…. Seem right? The song hasn't exactly exploded in streams recently, it's been pretty stable… I haven't seen many people posting/sharing links to the song either.. I don't think the tik tok audio is pretty big and I haven't seen it do much on Shazam outside of the UK and Brazil 

Why is it now, suddenly, appearing on all of these viral charts? I don't understand 

Edit; not that I'm complaining, I hope that this is a positive sign and ultimately leads to more playlist exposure.. I just don't understand how this is possible lol 

Edited by tbhmatt

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• glitch

• shark_heather

1 hour ago, tbhmatt said:

Kinda feels like single #2 will be her potential "breakout" moment, this was a good introduction to her artistry and it's captured a lot of people's attention, so I think she's put herself in a good position to capitalise off that goodwill. She just needs A) a very strong second single and B) not to wait an eternity to release it

Agreed. I think she needs to start teasing in a couple of weeks tbh… I'm sick of these labels wasting momentum by leaving big gaps inbetween singles. We're in 2024 - people want content immediately, otherwise they will forget!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tbhmatt said:

This doesn't…. Seem right? The song hasn't exactly exploded in streams recently, it's been pretty stable… I haven't seen many people posting/sharing links to the song either.. I don't think the tik tok audio is pretty big and I haven't seen it do much on Shazam outside of the UK and Brazil 

Why is it now, suddenly, appearing on all of these viral charts? I don't understand 

Edit; not that I'm complaining, I hope that this is a positive sign and ultimately leads to more playlist exposure.. I just don't understand how this is possible lol 

I think these playlists have somewhat of a delay. When you check them out, JIMIN's a new entry too, but usually lower than her. Probably because even though it got better streaming numbers, it had much better playlisting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glitch said:

The way I still haven't remembered the words to the verses after all these plays :dies:

How? "care that I'm mad, care that I'm sad, it's so bad it's funny / care if I cry, care if I die, you only care about money"

LIKE Shakespeare couldn't :jonny5:

• Like 1

yeah I agree. This is more of a statement single. It gives you an idea of her artistry and where she is willing to experiment in the future ect...but it's not easy listening. It isn't smooth. Single #2 needs to be the breakout song with a strong melody and addictive chorus

• Like 1

Still obsessed with this song :jonny: 

excited for single #2

10 hours ago, rapperjennie said:

she's doing a lot of very random interviews nnn I found loads with <1k views but promo is promo, she did a couple for dubai stations too

I love that. A lot of artist arent hungry like that nowdays to do that promo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Songs take a few weeks to be eligible to appear on viral charts

• Like 2

next single needs to be out relatively quickly, so by September latest, or alternatively she needs a promo song alongside AOMD in the next couple of weeks to maintain all of this interest and momentum 

AOMD isn't going to explode and dominate but that is fine because its 100% done its job and more (it's not particularly accessible so that's understandable). she just needs more material out and then she is more likely to get that big moment once the foundations are better set 

• Haha 1

Another small increase in the UK today 

When does Strictly usually start their music performances? That could be the place to launch her 2nd single :tornado:

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 2:12 PM, The Slayer said:

16 in the mids

A third week in the top 20 would be amazing. :heart:

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 8:14 PM, tbhmatt said:

I'm happy that this is doing pretty well and it's certainly not in any danger of free falling just yet, but I am a little worried that a long, drawn out single roll out, the Christmas song crush and a potential 2025 album release date might kill off the momentum she has with this….

She needs to release something in September, buzz single or second single or whatever I don't really care, but peoples attention spans are pretty short in pop music 

I think that the second single will definitely be released in September/October. 

I have a feeling that a live performance will come soon. I really think that a good live performance could capture the attention of more people. 

This roll out has been bad. This song deserves better.

• Like 1

Edited by nicolelloyd
  • Like 2

Just now, Buffy said:

This roll out has been bad. This song deserves better.

The team did the best they possibly could. The UK has barely any TV slots to promote new music anymore so acts are stuck with TikTok, radio interviews and festival performances, at this rate, if you want a 'better' promo, she would have to go to America and do the late show circuit :deadbanana4:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

The team did the best they possibly could. The UK has barely any TV slots to promote new music anymore so acts are stuck with TikTok, radio interviews and festival performances, at this rate, if you want a 'better' promo, she would have to go to America and do the late show circuit :deadbanana4:

Which would make no sense this early into her career, if we're being honest, so I agree they've done alright. Only criticism would be the lack of physicals ready, but they've been feeding content relatively frequently, especially if the S.A.D. version and its video performance are out this Friday. I'm sure these will draw attention to her as a vocalist and performer with all the theatrics that seem to be involved.

16 minutes ago, nicolelloyd said:

Viral Songs chart placement showing its effects

50 minutes ago, Danai G said:

I have a feeling that a live performance will come soon. I really think that a good live performance could capture the attention of more people. 

She's confirmed that. There's a ballad version of the song called the S.A.D. (Slow. Angelic. Dramatic.) Version and there's a pre-recorded live performance of it, that's what the wedding dress look is for.

OOOOOOOH. The Angel Of My Dreams x Better Off Alone audio is doing pretty big numbers on Instagram reels, 6.5k reels, most viewed reel has 6.2m views, there's another 3 reels with 2m, 3m and 1m views 

This is going pretty viral indeed, just not the original song lol 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.