JADE - "Angel Of My Dreams"

glitch

I love Leigh and Perrie just as much as Jade and I actually think Leigh's music in particular is criminally overlooked (she has some really strong songs on her EP and is doing a good job of creating her own sound) but the reason why Jade is a level ahead in terms of "pop star" is because she has a much deeper understanding of her own sound, her core audience and most importantly how to enhance her music to become a moment.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, either. Jade, Perrie and Leigh are fundamentally different artists to each other as individuals and they each have the opportunity to carve out their own lanes. They don't all need to be doing the same things to have high quality outputs with different genres etc, but if we're talking straight up pop/pop star then it's pretty clear Jade is in a league of her own.

Personally I hope all three of them just continue growing and developing their craft as they are currently and continue to make music as I truly believe there's space for all three of them to do their own things. Comparisons are natural and people will naturally have personal preferences on who they think is releasing "better" music based on their own personal tastes and listening habits, but I think all three are in pretty good places at the moment and just need to keep releasing. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• glitch

• shark_heather

14 minutes ago, nicolelloyd said:

IT GIRL  

MISS JADE, I AM SORRY FOR NOT BEING FAMILIAR WITH YOUR GAME

13 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Love Pez and Lee but... girl

Nah sorry, Nature and OMG are some of the best songs they've released (if we need to compare) and def earworms... You can play and listen to them anywhere without it being jarring and are serious "ayy" vibes, definitions of ear worms. It just might not be your type of music, but those are excellent songs.

AOMD, while original in composition and exciting to listen to, aren't those things. But I love it. It's more bombastic and steadfast in sound which is what a lot of people (especially the gays) love about straight up pop girl music. 

Both are releasing completely different kinds of pop music and really can't be compared tho tbh, they are both releasing quality pop music that's what matters! 

Edited by Afterglow
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

I love Leigh and Perrie just as much as Jade and I actually think Leigh's music in particular is criminally overlooked (she has some really strong songs on her EP and is doing a good job of creating her own sound) but the reason why Jade is a level ahead in terms of "pop star" is because she has a much deeper understanding of her own sound, her core audience and most importantly how to enhance her music to become a moment.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, either. Jade, Perrie and Leigh are fundamentally different artists to each other as individuals and they each have the opportunity to carve out their own lanes. They don't all need to be doing the same things to have high quality outputs with different genres etc, but if we're talking straight up pop/pop star then it's pretty clear Jade is in a league of her own.

Personally I hope all three of them just continue growing and developing their craft as they are currently and continue to make music as I truly believe there's space for all three of them to do their own things. Comparisons are natural and people will naturally have personal preferences on who they think is releasing "better" music based on their own personal tastes and listening habits, but I think all three are in pretty good places at the moment and just need to keep releasing. 

Exactly that. Each girl has a different sound and strategy. Comparisons are inevitable but as long as Stans don't fight against each other and as long as the girls are developing more as solo artists, that's fine. 

I genuinely believe that the second single will be released earlier than we think, especially if AOMD remains stable. 

"Wasabi" truly basically was a Jade solo single but under Little Mix

insane if u think about it, such an artist. :WAP:

• Like 4

This has seemingly peaked (for now) on Apple Music as it has slipped back down to #10

Nothing to worry about, could easily re-peak in the coming weeks if radio gets onboard with this.

• Like 2

Critically acclaimed :clap3: 

where are the other versions of this song I keep hearing of?:bird:

When do we panic

Apple Music UK: #10 (-2)

• Thumbs Down 1

a friend of mine is getting me the copies on Friday :jonny6:

THIS IS THE BEST GIRL GROUP SOLO DEBUT SINGLE SINCE CRAZY IN LOVE! There I said it! JADE has the total package and magic of what it takes to be a  major popstar! So proud to see her flourishing. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

This is fine - wish the drums/percussion was a bit more interesting. The whole middle section (I guess verse) also sound very dated and 2018. I really like the first and final chorus though. I appreciate her playing with structure. 

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Never ONCE gave a single **** about some Little Mix songs BUT this is the best post girl group debut single since Nicola's Beat of My Drum. I'm very interested to hear Jade's album. The song writers and producers attached give me such high hopes and she seems to have a great concept of reference points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chaychay18 said:

where are the other versions of this song I keep hearing of?:bird:

The FOR THE CLUB version is not available on streaming, it's only available to purchase (iTunes, Amazon etc) 

She will be releasing an alternative version of the song soon, possibly included on the vinyl variant but TBC on that 

3 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Omg?!

• Thanks 1

Didn't expect her to do better than Perrie.

Perrie always felt the most popular after the zayn situation

Just now, Robbie. said:

Omg?!

To think we could be looking at 1 million+ daily streams.. :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

WTF :jonny6:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Red Velvet said:

Didn't expect her to do better than Perrie.

Perrie always felt the most popular after the zayn situation

She has the voice, the looks, the charisma but her current material is lukewarm and the promotion is non-existent. 

JADE ROOM EASTER EGGS - AOMD RELEASE NIGHT

Cowboy  

Roses?  

It's Not Fair (AOMD lyrics)

Blessed (blessed Madonna remix?)

showbiz baby (It Girl video title)

psycho (AOMD lyrics)

IT GIRL (snippet)

How is the weather?  

silent disco?  

industry?  

Lower third xxx (can't make out the second word but it looks like it says third)

12AM  

there's a few other generic ones and a few on there that I can't quite make out due to the picture quality, but some of these must mean something?

I noticed that many YouTubers are reacting to AOMD (and the views are very decent). I don't know if Jade's label paid some for promo but we love the exposure either way. 

On 7/22/2024 at 3:05 PM, tbhmatt said:

Spotify Playlist re-cap (outside of NMF)

Pop Rising (3.7M) - #7 (=)
Hot Hits UK (3M) - #16 (+15)

just hits (2.8M) - #1 + Cover (=)

The Pop List (909k) - #1 (=)

Summer Hits UK 2024 (822k) - #12 (NEW)

All New All Now (544k) - #1 (=)

OBSESSED (163k) - #2 (=)

!!! (151k) - #12 (NEW)

Key playlist support currently missing:

Today's Top Hits (34.7M) *I am aware it's extremely ambitious and unrealistic to expect the song to be added here*

Pop Sauce (1.3M)

*update*

Spotify Playlist re-cap (outside of NMF)

Pop Rising (3.7M) - #7 (=)
Hot Hits UK (3M) - #16 (+15)

just hits (2.8M) - #1 + Cover (=)

The Pop List (909k) - #1 (=)

Singled Out (862k) - #20 (I missed this one)

Summer Hits UK 2024 (822k) - #12 (NEW)

All New All Now (544k) - #1 (=)

OBSESSED (163k) - #2 (=)

!!! (151k) - #12 (NEW)

Key playlist support currently missing below. Most of these are heavily US-based so might be a little unrealistic, but these are the playlists we need for this song to grow.

Today's Top Hits (34.7M) *I am aware it's extremely ambitious and unrealistic to expect the song to be added here*

Viral Hits (4.3M) *would likely need to go viral on Tik Tok*

big on the internet (3.9M) *would likely need to go viral on Tik Tok*

It's A Hit! (2.2M)

Pop Sauce (1.3M)

New Pop Revolution (203k)

I was never a LM stan but appreciated some of their hits and wanted the trio to do well after they broke up. Listened to Leigh-Anne and Perrie's songs and felt kinda underwhelmed, so when I finally got round to hearing Jade's today, from the first chorus right at the start I genuinely thought "oh another one…"

But then the bass synth kicked in and wow, LOVED it. This is such a GOOD song and I hope it gains momentum over the next week or two!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.