JADE - "Angel Of My Dreams"

glitch

Finally sat down to listen to this one and wow it's amazing, I love this Charli-esque route she's going :jonny5:

The music video is really good too, super camp it reminds me of the early Rugirls videos like Puppet by Alaska :celestial5:

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• glitch

• shark_heather

26 minutes ago, toast said:

Been listening nonstop for 3 days and I'm still not tired of it :jonnycat:

The song is very rich and far from being monotonous, therefore it has great replay value and you don't get bored of it :katie2:

THIRLWHORES WE DID IT

• Thanks 8

Just now, kellebrity98 said:

THIRLWHORES WE DID IT

Crazy i didnt expect that 

@tbhmatt are we sure we cant aim a top3 debut without physicals ? 

2 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

Crazy i didnt expect that 

@tbhmatt are we sure we cant aim a top3 debut without physicals ? 

It's possible I suppose, yes. Top 3 would be amazing, however I'm expecting Top 5ish. I don't believe this will peak at its debut though, I think it'll hit Top 3 eventually even if it's in a week or two. 

What's her biggest competition at the moment? Jimin's single?

"Phil Coulter 'Thrilled' by Jade Thirlwall Single Sample"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/clky3z7r8ejo

Her debut has managed to do exactly what a debut *should* do and that's penetrate the public consciousness in a way that makes people actually pay attention to who you are and what you're offering. 

• Like 1

What a lovely article, he seems genuinely thrilled that his song was sampled

"Nothing makes a songwriter happier than when somebody breathes life into a song that has been asleep for a while".

Describing himself as one of Jade's newest and biggest fans the songwriter said he has been "talking her up to all of my circle of friends and acquaintances".

Coulter is the winner of five Ivor Novello awards, he has 23 platinum, 39 gold and 52 silver discs among his many accolades.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kos1692 said:

What's her biggest competition at the moment? Jimin's single?

That song was front loaded buy mass buying, it's not on the top 200 of UK Spotify :toofunny2:

The songs she's up against are all established hits like Please Please Please, Good Luck Babe, Houdini, Birds of a feather, Stargazing etc. Espresso and A Bar Song are on ACR now

I wasn't expecting her to serve this hard. The song is amazing, and I LOVE the music video. I'm excited to see what she does next. :jonny:

• Thanks 2

I'm a little out of touch with BBC Radio 1, so not entirely sure I know what this means… but taken from Buzzjack

Tune of the Week

Dean McCullough: Charli xcx - Apple
Greg James: JADE - Angel Of My Dreams
Rickie, Melvin and Charlie: Asake & Central Cee - Wave
Matt and Mollie: Alex Warren - Carry You Home
Vick, Katie and Jamie: The Kid LAROI - GIRLS

let's push this to #1

she deserves it

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Both Sides Now said:

See when you do artistry… 

There’s definitely something to be said for announcing yourself with a vision that demands to be paid attention, rather than just as a pop star.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

I'm a little out of touch with BBC Radio 1, so not entirely sure I know what this means… but taken from Buzzjack

Greg hosts the morning show on Radio 1 which is one of the most popular in the UK, this is a big win. 

Jade's track was also named 'tune of the weekend'

She'll be added to their playlists and played throughout the entire day next week (hopefully A as they're played the most)

Looks like she'll be getting good radio support :clap3:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jonapova said:

Greg hosts the morning show on Radio 1 which is one of the most popular in the UK, this is a big win. 

Jade's track was also named 'tune of the weekend'

She'll be added to their playlists and played throughout the entire day next week (hopefully A as they're played the most)

Looks like she'll be getting good radio support :clap3:

Oh slay!! Hopefully straight in to the A List when they next update their playlist rotation then 

• Like 1

Down to #5 in today's Official Charts update  

Very kindly provided by the lovely users at Buzzjack

1 Sabrina Carpenter - Please Please Please (17,008)
 2 Billie Eilish - BIRDS OF A FEATHER (13,887)
 3 Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! (13,841)
 4 Myles Smith - Stargazing (13,717)
 5 JADE - Angel of My Dreams (13,272)

Edited by tbhmatt
  • Like 1

I need this to keep rising :jonny: i can't stop playing it

Only 615 sales separate #5 (JADE) and #2 (Billie) but Birds Of A Feather has a bigger lead on streaming 

Been replaying the song all morning and I think what makes this song so good to listen to is the fact the production is so rich and it's always changing things up, it's very unexpected. It's like you're listening to three songs in one but it's still cohesive, is not a mess. Whoever produced this snapped hard

8aCPXVt.gif

• Like 1

This has been on repeat all day. Who knew Jade would be the One. Hopefully she'll do so well and the rest of the album will be just as strong and unique. So happy for her! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.