JADE - "Angel Of My Dreams"

glitch

I really want her to do well, I really do. But I'm scared it will go the same way, as it did with the other girls. I really expected Jade to go with a big, catchy pop song, but I'm afraid of losing all that hype with a "chaotic" song. I hope Jade proves me wrong tho! 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• glitch

• shark_heather

3 hours ago, XO_Life said:

But 4 different songs in one? This will flop hard. Single #2 will flop as well since the label will not invest in her if the first single flops. 

I hope I am wrong but this is the wrong way to go.

I mean, it worked very well for Girls Aloud with 'Biology' 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

wait Thot **** music video was incredible :jonny2:

I am kinda 50/50 on how the video will come out bc the descriptions and initial set videos we got were a liiiittle corny, but it's clear she's got a very strong narrative for the visual so I'm perched 

27 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

I mean, it worked very well for Girls Aloud with 'Biology' 

I think she should aim higher than a silver certification... but that is just my opinion.

3 hours ago, XO_Life said:

But 4 different songs in one? This will flop hard. Single #2 will flop as well since the label will not invest in her if the first single flops. 

I hope I am wrong but this is the wrong way to go.

i think it's time to understand that Jade isn't aiming at mainstream success lol

if anything she's trying to become a underground icon like Charli, Carly and etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XO_Life said:

I think she should aim higher than a silver certification... but that is just my opinion.

Sorry, I was more referring to how Biology's song structure garnered pretty much universal acclaim and cemented it as a firm fan favourite so was using it as an example to show how an "unusual" song can definitely benefit Jade's career, but it was also a respectable sized hit at the time too, no?

Obviously charts and music consumption have changed drastically since then though, so chart runs between the two songs wouldn't really be comparable 

6 hours ago, timothy_b said:

Single 2 is definitely the one that radio will eat up and should be an easy hit for her. I do get why she wants to go with a big statement song for her debut. What's clear to me (especially reading the recent interview) is that she knows exactly what she wants! Sound wise, look wise, audience wise… she's a student of pop music and knows her target and place within that landscape better than any label or management! That's going to play hugely into her cards.

it's actually smart if you think about it! if the debut single was a radio oriented song, people would be asking for more like this for single 2. i get the vibe that she's not just "let me start my career with a easy bop" and more like "well let me start my career saying that i'm not obvious, i have things to say and im here to stay". 

who knows if it's gonna work… but whatever she has great material so she should be fine!

hyped for this

i just know she won't let us down

counting the days !

Always been my fave from LM, I'm rooting for her!

I can't get the snippet out of my head :jonny:

JADE is an avid fan of Kpop and she knew that she had to re-create this masterpiece :clap3: 

26 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

JADE is an avid fan of Kpop and she knew that she had to re-create this masterpiece :clap3: 

This song was my jam back then. Insane production.

Does indeed sound "chaotic, in a good way" from the new snippet. It's a pure pop song for sure from what we've heard. Very interested to hear how the full thing comes together..

The tempo in the new snippet sounds a little sped up/slightly pitched up compared to the first one

Can anyone who's heard the song confirm if this is correct, assuming they've sped it up to get a cute little Tik Tok viral moment?

oh the new snippet :WAP:

12 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

The tempo in the new snippet sounds a little sped up/slightly pitched up compared to the first one

Can anyone who's heard the song confirm if this is correct, assuming they've sped it up to get a cute little Tik Tok viral moment?

I don't think it's sped up no, that's part of the snippet I heard a week ago or so and based on what I can piece together:

First snippet - Intro, I was told it starts with an 80/90s ballad sort of style which is similar to how the first snippet sounds like

Second Snippet - Verse after the first chorus

Then the tempo changes again for the bridge. 

I can only speak for what I've heard which is what Jade just shared plus what I assume is the end of the first chorus

The new snippet wtf??? SOTY

9 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I don't think it's sped up no, that's part of the snippet I heard a week ago or so and based on what I can piece together:

First snippet - Intro, I was told it starts with an 80/90s ballad sort of style which is similar to how the first snippet sounds like

Second Snippet - Verse after the first chorus

Then the tempo changes again for the bridge. 

I can only speak for what I've heard which is what Jade just shared plus what I assume is the end of the first chorus

Ah ok this makes sense, thank you! Excited to hear it all come together 

OH THIS SOUNDS SOOOO GOOD

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.