🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 12 Entries (pg.443)

thecptz

Group A

XG - PUPPET SHOW

It's no Left Right/Shooting Star but it's good enough. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Seffers

• Kelp

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Group A

Say Now - S.I.N.G.L.E

It was a cute bop, nothing more nothing less. I expected worse from the previous crits. 

Group A

Hinds - Riding Solo

Surprisingly, this actually stood out a lil bit from the songs so far.

Group A

Little Mix - Notice

Hmmm it did sound like an album track, not bad but it didnt grab me. 

Group A

The Pussycat Dolls - Flirt

Dated in the worst way possible, not good at all. 

Group A

The Last Dinner Party - Sinner

A palette cleanser after the previous song, Queens!

Group A

Citizen Queen - So Special

Very cute actually, bopped a bit.

Group A

IVE - Ice Queen

Decent for their standards, better than their latest singles. 

Group A

BLACKPINK - Pretty Savage

This is one of the 2 songs that I skip on their only album. 

Group A

Say Now - Not A Lot Left To Say

Another harmless bop from them, very nice.

Group A

MUNA - One That Got Away

Check my comment on their first song here, jk! Better than the other song at least.

Group A

Le Tigre - Deceptacon

Well this was definitely a risk, not sure if it will pay off tho.

Group A

LE SSERAFIM - No Celestial

One of their best songs, hands down.

Group B

HAIM - Go Slow: Wasn't sure about this after the opening verse but the pre-chorus into the chorus is really superb, plus the second verse was a lot stronger. The bass guitar is such a vibe. Overall it could have benefitted with an amped-up final chorus.

Group B

FLO - Feature Me: I'm digging the playfulness of the verses and pre-chorus (re: flow and riffs) which were far superior to the chorus that fell flat for me. Thankfully the stellar bridge came to the rescue. I appreciate that the production took a backseat to let the vocals shine. I'm surprised this was the group everyone was scrambling to submit. Sure they're pleasant enough, but they don't stand out all that much to me… perhaps it's a case of recency bias for y'all.

Group B

Destiny's Child - Brown Eyes: Oh these lyrics are so cute! The melodies are gorgeous! Especially the first verse (okayyy bassyonce). The classic production suits this so perfectly. Appreciate how the track overall builds to a crescendo at the close of the bridge leading into the final chorus. Obsessed with the emphasis on the closing line, that pacing was magical.

Group B

Girls Aloud - Girl Overboard: Oh hell yeah we got a banger! At first I found the brash delivery of the verses quite grating, and the chorus merely serviceable. The highlight for me was that pre-chorus. So imagine how much I was getting my life when, three-quarters of the way through, the production bottomed out and I hear "can't turn around, just to run out" over a nothing but a slinky guitar riff. Then the production came back in (sounding more than ever like 'Bulletproof') to smack me in the face and I tumbled. Tumbled! I'm for the club honey, no doubt about it.

Group B

Girls Aloud - Control Of The Knife: Lovin' that funky intro, wait a minute hold awn, did this inspire Daft Punk for 'Get Lucky'? A lot of these lyrics are giving ESL: nonsensical in nature, utilized purely in service of the melody/rhyme scheme. Okay that robotic vocoder effect is freaky and fun, I'm really starting to think that Girls Aloud invented Daft Punk y'all… someone needs to look into this. This track is a mess, but in all the right ways.

Group B

Cherry - Saddest Song (Leigh Bros Remix): Oh we have a bop! I dig the slow piano ballad intro fake-out that quickly transitions into an all-out dance track. Damn, that chorus is better than crack. Why is it that heartbreak anthems always make for pop excellence. The production on this is heavily Y2K, but in the best way.

Group B

PIXY - Bewitched: Ahh shiiit. The production on this goes hard! The vocal fry effect was sick. I was gagging when the beat dropped. I have no idea what these lyrics mean but the delivery is giving c.u.n.t. I admire how many twists and turns the production and melodies take throughout it keeps the track really fresh on the ear the whole way through.

Group B

Fifth Harmony - Like Mariah (feat. Tyga): I don't know if it's because everyone has been shitting all over this, so the bar was low for me going in, but I am pleasantly surprised by this! The pre-chorus and chorus both are stuffed with hooks (the best one being thanks to Mariah herself). Camila's voice didn't irritate me (for once). Even the rap didn't detract from it (which is about all I can ask).

Group B

BLACKSWAN - Cat & Mouse: Love how propulsive this is with that driving beat. The melodies are clean and crisp, and even though I have no idea what the lyrics mean the chorus is an absolute ear worm, which is such a difficult feat to pull off. Absolutely vibing out to the airy vocals and twinkly production.

MUNA - Anything But Me: The opening line is so cringe. :rip:

The Chicks - Sleep at Night: A song I know and moderately enjoy

Mis-Teeq - Home Tonight (feat. Joe): I enjoyed this :katie2:

GFRIEND - Love Bug: Ethereal bop :katie2:

702 - Will You Be OK: Didn't care for it

XG - PUPPET SHOW: Hate these putas but this is actually cute :rip:

Say Now - S.I.N.G.L.E: Might get a point or two

Hinds - Riding Solo: :katie2: 

Little Mix - Notice: No thanks

The Pussycat Dolls - Flirt: Why did they release a Metallica song :rip:

The Last Dinner Party - Sinner: Not feeling her

Citizen Queen - So Special: This is filler to me

IVE - Ice Queen: :katie2:

BLACKPINK - Pretty Savage: This kinda feels like cheating lol

Say Now - Not A Lot Left To Say: Filler [2]

MUNA - One That Got Away: :next:

Le Tigre - Deceptacon: My ears

LE SSERAFIM - No Celestial: Not scoring these FRAUDS

MUNA - Anything But Me: Quite a snoozefest

The Chicks - Sleep at Night: I'm usually not too fond of country music. I don't know if it's the Cowboy Carter effect but I actually enjoyed this

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.