🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 11: 20th Century... What (pg.418)

thecptz

Group B

Janet Jackson - What About

oh that change up was sudden. i'm not familiar with janet's music at all, but this one is interesting. loved the chorus

Aly & AJ - Lost Cause

this track is v cute

Olivia Rodrigo - love is embarrassing

this one is so fun too, ugh.

Ariana Grande - bye

oh wait, this is the better ariana track. you will be rewarded too x

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Seffers

• Kelp

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Crying in Public by Chairlift - Such a good song. This album really gave us bop after bop huh?

After the Earthquake by Alvvays - I really should get more into them because a lot of the songs I heard from them are all good so far, this included.

Cry by Mandy Moore - I can't believe this didn't chart! A Walk To Remember is such a classic here and all the songs from that movie are remembered dearly by millenials. And I am one of those millenials that love this classic.

Let You Break My Heart Again by Laufey, Philharmonia Orchestra - She really has an amazing voice and with the orchestra behind her, there's just something ethereal about this.

Kept Me Crying by HAIM - I have to be honest, this is not one of my favorites from them. It's not bad per se but there's just something missing here.

Caught in the Middle by Paramore - The production is really interesting but overall it's just okay. Not bad but it doesn't stand out at all as well.

Hypnotized by Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Wuh Oh -oprah-the-mother-i-never-had.gif

Another life (feat. Rema) by PinkPantheress, Rema - It's no Boy's a liar but it's still good.

Computer Luv (feat. Steve Lacy) by Ravyn Lenae, Steve Lacy - Ravyn sounds great as usual but this sing is kinda meh.

Teary Eyes by Katy Perry - Fun Fact: the round that Cry About It Later inspired this round. With that being said, it's a song I like but not as much as the song that preceded it in the album. But of course as a KatyCat, you will get points from me.

NBPQ (Topless) by Sudan Archives - All I will say is yes Sudan, yes points.

I Can't Even Cry by Hope Tala - Hope Tala, you will always be famous.

Cry Alone by Cydnee with a C - This was okay. Very middle of the road though.

Hate When You're Happy by Paloma Faith - Before listening, I thought maybe the others were just doing too much... turns out they weren't :fan:

things i wish you said by Sabrina Carpenter - I have yet to be enthralled by a Sabrina song.

Caruso by Lara Fabian - I really don't use her outside of Broken Vow. Now that's a classic.

shedontknowbutsheknows by Tove Lo - A bop!

Walk On By by RAYE - Now I get why she swept the BRITs. She is THAT girl.

Silk by Wolf Alice - I don't know what to say tbh except I like it? lol

Whipped Cream by Ari Lennox - The chill vibes is everything. It's a great way to close the round.

Group B

Femininomenon - Fun! Doesn't blow me away like her most recent single does but it'll still get some points. 

Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary - It's fine but it really drags on.

Bad Dream - It's nice, maybe a little generic. 

Over the Love - I just can't get into Florence.

Anime Eyes - Really cute, nice vocals and instrumental. Wish it had a stronger ending. Not sure about the lyrics but this is still getting some points.

Tyrant - Bodyguard was right there…I like this song but it's still one of my lesser favs on the album. I'll give you some points though. 

Low - I didn't care for it. SZA can do better than this. 

Riot - Sounds like a demo.

You Were Never Mine to Lose - Ok, we're bopping again.

Testament in Motion - As someone who has only heard Pure Shores, this is a surprise. I like it though. 

Sound of Rain - Nice production, but nothing else catches my ear.

The Boy is Mine - This was pleasant. Nothing mind blowing but it clears some other songs.

Woo - My preferred Rihanna song in the playlist, but I've always thought this one sounded a bit awkward. I still enjoy it though.

Shampain - Very bright and fun, a nice change of pace to most of the playlist. 

Circles - It's cute, not bad. 

Good Girls - Pretty standard 2020s synthpop song. Not bad but nothing to write home about.

What About - Unique in a mostly good way. It's certainly engaging, though I'm not sure it entirely clicked with me on a first listen. Love the bass. 

Lost Cause - Love this song and album. So breezy and nice. 

Love is Embarrassing - A classic I fear. 

Bye - A bop! I much prefer this to the other Ariana song.

Electrahardalytics Group A

Crying in public - Caroline's voice is very nice and I enjoy the instrumental a lot. My fav part of the song is the chorus

After the earthquake- this song is like very clear top placement vibes for me!! I feel like parts of the song get washed out by how loud the instrumental is, but alvvays tends to do that with their songs.

Cry - So sorry to you millennials but I don't really like this, it sounds too like tinny, sickly sweet, and aged. I'm sure when this came on the radio while you were mowing the grass it was so euphoric to listen to!

Let you break my heart again - this song is so gorgeous I really hope it doesn't get panned…

• Haha 1

kept me crying - i don't hate it but it's kinda repetitive, the most major part of the song was the guitar solo

caught in the middle - literally middle of the road, i feel like in the groups of 4 she would be a safe submission but in this larger playlist it doesnt really stand out unfortunately

hypnotized - she is giving vampiric kylie minogue LOL. i dont dislike the song but i dont think i would listen to it again also i dislike how she pronounces hypnotized

another life - i like this song because it has a very fresh and crisp sound, pp definitely has better

computer luv - love ravyn but i was waiting for the song to be over, im not sure if it's the mixing or the clunky production but the parts where her and steve sing at the same time are so overstimulating that it agitates me

teary eyes - i was distracted and didnt see the song start playing and i was wondering who would send a lazy eurodancepop song this late into the competition... i was even more shocked to see that it was katy perry

NBPQ (topless) - this song is one of the coolest things to ever be listened to by my ears amazing eatery

i can't even cry - i like this tbh she is giving lily allen but less problematic and grating

cry alone - oh i loved this ep and i love this song it's truly so cute and easy to listen to

hate when you're happy - and i hate this song so what now

things i wish you said - damn it now idk where my 12 is going to go... this song is so beautiful like i love it so much

caruso - she ate up what a powerful voice holy moly, idk wtf shes saying but i am living

shedontknowbutsheknows - one of my fav tove songs ever

walk on by - i liked this more than i thought i would it's actually a bop

silk - i was so caught off guard by this song because it came right after raye LMAO but i really like it

whipped cream - ari mother you can tell that she is a vocalist in this song everything is so crisp clean and clear

Chappell Roan - Femininomenon - Fascinating listen. I don't think she is for me tbh. Not my kinda my thing. 

Rihanna - Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary - a song I know and a song I quite like. 

Donatachi - Bad Dream (with Muki) - what beige skin nonsense is this 

• Haha 3

Florence + The Machine - Over The Love - Love her voice so much. I know this song and it's good. She has better but I quite like the vocal performance on this song.

Kacey Musgraves - Anime Eyes - cute song from a cute album 

Beyoncé - TYRANT - Slow Motion Dancing GIF   ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! TOP 5 FROM AOTY!! You freaking btch who got this song!! hateee you for this slay!! 

SZA - Low - bopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!! u btch too! tried to send this serve 

Bibi Bourelly - Riot - Her name looks very familiar, this was cute. Her tone is a bit jarring but I like it sonically. 

Crying In Public - This is definitely a slow burner. I gradually started to like it a little more as it progressed.

moistbreezy - You Were Never Mine to Lose - WAITTTTTTT, why does this slay??? I am screaming. This random BOP. I cannot. 

All Saints - Testament In Motion - this is kinda giving Kylie Minogue x Janet Jackson. I quite like it tbh. 

After The Earthquake - I like the guitar but I'm a bit indifferent to the entire song overall 

Solange - Sound of Rain - THIS BIG MFING SERVE!! :sats::hippo: such an incredible song! Discography highlight from this queen! :heart2:

Ariana Grande - the boy is mine - you knew you ateee!! Definitely in my top 10 SOTYs with Don't Wanna Break Up Again.  Amazing song from my second fav album of the year!! :heart2:

Cry - This is cute, it sounds like it belongs in the rolling credits of a early 2000s movie though:toofunny2:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Cry - This is cute, it sounds like it belongs in the rolling credits of a early 2000s movie though:toofunny2:

Well it is associated with A Walk To Remember from 2002, which Mandy starred in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.