🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 6 Summary (pg.294)

thecptz

M.I.A., Missy Elliott, Nas - Bad Girls N.A.R.S. Remix

Missy's verse saved this song HARDDDD that was the only part I liked, I just prefer the original over this remix a lot more

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Seffers

• ATRL Username

• gardendreams

• ATRL Moderator

M.I.A. - Puththi (feat. Navz-47): I like songs from this album but unfortunately this is one of the weakest songs on it. The chorus is just too repetitive 

Dreezy - ***** Duh (Remix) [feat. KenTheMan, Lakeyah & BIA]: I enjoyed this! Lakeyah is such a good rapper and I even liked BIA’s verse on this. 

Kelela - LMK (What's Really Good Remix): loved this! It had a chill vibe (maybe with the exception of Cupcakke) and every verse was pretty strong. The outro could’ve been shorter though

Emotional Oranges - Be Somebody (feat. Tkay Maidza): OOOO this was so good and groovy!!!! Immediate save to my library.

Fannypack - Hey Mami: okay throwback! This was quite repetitive and a little juvenile 

David Guetta - Trampoline (feat. Missy Elliott, BIA and Doechii): how did I miss this when it first got released? I really liked BIA’s delivery here. Missy’s chorus was pretty repetitive but still good 

Chloe x Halle - Do It (Remix) [feat. Doja Cat, City Girls & Latto]: I liked Doja’s verse! This sounds like a remix because the way the extra verses are inputted was so choppy. Yung Miami’s verse is annoying, but JT’s was okay. The additional production elements were so unnecessary. Latto started off good but some of her lines threw me off. I’ve actually never listened to this in full because the City Girls’ verses usually make me turn this off. I quite liked the additional verses from Chloe and Halle! Nice job 

Erykah Badu - Love Of My Life Worldwide (feat. Queen Latifah, Angie Stone & Bahamadia): very groovy baseline, I really liked the production on this song. The hook could’ve been better but at least it was short. Queen Latifah has my favorite verse on this. This ran a little too long though they could’ve cut this by a minute

Trina - Ain't **** (feat. Lois Lane): A song dragging men for being trash? Please I’m in! I really liked this and will be saving. I wonder if this inspired Doja’s Ain’t ****

Missy Elliott - Funky Fresh Dressed (feat. Ms. Jade): This was okay but one of the weaker songs of the round. I disliked the production on Ms. Jade’s because the slicing sound made it difficult to listen to her. Also felt the chorus was too repetitive

Qveen Herby - DAYDREAMER (feat. iyla): I liked it but found the song inconsistent sonically. There were abrupt instrumental changes and it was quite distracting. The subject matter was fine enough and I liked iyla’s second verse. 

Salt-N-Pepa - No One Does It Better: Wait this is great!!! I remember Wendy Williams would always talk about this group so I’m glad that they made good music. I think the r&b chorus really compliments the rap verses. 

Tkay Maidza - Kim (with Baby Tate): I considered sending this but thought it was a bit unserious. Baby Tate’s verse saved this because the chorus is grating on the ears. Another song that would’ve benefited from a stronger chorus but I probably sound like a broken record 

I realize it was probably tough to find songs matching the criteria so I appreciate that you all were able to find good songs that fit it. This has been my favorite round and I’ve saved many of your songs! :heart2:  

4 hours ago, Euterpe said:

I love this game. I support the hosts. Good job reviewing, reviewers. I support you all too; we love participation.

oh period

M.I.A. - Puththi (feat. Navz-47)

i bopped... but this is kinda all over the place

Dreezy - ***** Duh (Remix) [feat. KenTheMan, Lakeyah & BIA]

hm... it's aurkay.

Kelela - LMK (What's Really Good Remix)

WAAAAIT. now this... we love!!!

Emotional Oranges - Be Somebody (feat. Tkay Maidza)

yup yup yup... we vibing

Fannypack - Hey Mami

this song is looking camp straight in the eyes... and not in the good way

David Guetta - Trampoline (feat. Missy Elliott, BIA and Doechii)

this fell flat a little but some verses were 2 good

Chloe x Halle - Do It (Remix) [feat. Doja Cat, City Girls & Mulatto]

a mess but kinda an enjoyable mess

Erykah Badu - Love Of My Life Worldwide (feat. Queen Latifah, Angie Stone & Bahamadia)

INSTANT CLASSICCCCCC we love... WE love.

Trina - Ain't **** (feat. Lois Lane)

this is so 2000s and lucky for you i love the vibes x

Missy Elliott - Funky Fresh Dressed (feat. Ms. Jade)

take my 12s

NOW!

Qveen Herby - DAYDREAMER (feat. iyla)

Bop!

Salt-N-Pepa - No One Does It Better

classic... kinda not as outstanding as others in this list but still gweed...

Tkay Maidza - Kim (with Baby Tate)

no

M.I.A. - Puththi (feat. Navz-47): The beat goes hard! Is it an M.I.A. song if it doesn't feature a gun cock? The featured artist kinda ate her up! The verses each have their own flavour which does the heavy lifting for a chorus that quickly wears out its welcome.

Dreezy - ***** Duh (Remix) [feat. KenTheMan, Lakeyah & BIA]: The attitude! Kudos to whoever thought of the bratz style cover art, it matches the vibe perfectly. For the most part, each of the verses sat in the same pocket, which meant they began to blur together by the end. I was anticipating someone would come through and take the track in an unexpected direction, so I was left somewhat underwhelmed. The production was especially rote, and the chorus was mostly forgettable. "Let's be real, that ho can't eat me up if she was toppin' me" this bar alone almost makes up for any qualm I have with the rest of track!

Kelela - LMK (What's Really Good Remix): Kelela sounds absolutely heavenly definitely the highlight of this track, really solid melodies here. Yikes! The first verse was not it. Thankfully it gets a lot better from there with JUNGLEP****Y and Cupcakke understanding the assignment. The final verse is just serviceable for me. In the end I think the song suffers overall from its length.

Emotional Oranges - Be Somebody (feat. Tkay Maidza): Oh hell yeah, this slaps! They both expertly ride the beat, while adding some fun flourishes that keep it fresh on the ear. The vibe is reminiscent of Loose era Nelly Furtado for me.

Fannypack - Hey Mami: It's got a nasty yet fun vibe to it, a la Daphne & Celeste's U.G.L.Y. which I enjoy. However the vocals during the verses are too shouty and tone deaf for me, it quickly becomes irritating. It's got a nice rhythm and the instrumental breakdown toward the end was a highlight.

David Guetta - Trampoline (feat. Missy Elliott, BIA and Doechii): How are you gonna put Missy on the track and not give her a verse? She would've elevated this easily. The other features are solid and flex some clever variations in flow, but the bars themselves are forgettable at best and at worst, ripped directly from other artists. Overall a forgettable track.

Chloe x Halle - Do It (Remix) [feat. Doja Cat, City Girls & Mulatto]: Doja came out the gate strong and absolutely washed the rest of these *******, how embarrassing. They should've left the other features on the cutting room floor, they bring the momentum to a screeching halt. Chloe x Halle sound excellent sprinkled throughout, but can't quite recover every fumble.

Erykah Badu - Love Of My Life Worldwide (feat. Queen Latifah, Angie Stone & Bahamadia): The guitar is sliiiick and the (sampled) hook is excellent. I appreciate that (unlike some other tracks here) each artist has their own unique style and flow, however the verses are overstuffed with a whole lot of nothing… which wouldn't be an issue if the track weren't so long. Don't get me wrong, it's good fun, definitely something I could see myself vibing out to, but it never approaches anything interesting.

Trina - Ain't **** (feat. Lois Lane): Love the retro vibe. The humor on display makes it really fun, slips a little for me because it stays on one level through the whole runtime. But overall I'm very impressed.

Missy Elliott - Funky Fresh Dressed (feat. Ms. Jade): The chorus is pretty weak. Missy's two verses utilize the same flow which is unfortunate on top of that Ms. Jade delivers an underwhelming verse.

Qveen Herby - DAYDREAMER (feat. iyla): This is insubstantial, it's pleasant enough, but feels like a song that's aiming for commercial syncs. The rap verses were overshadowed by the rest of the song.

Salt-N-Pepa - No One Does It Better: This was fun! Catchy chorus and solid deliveries from each of the artists. Very pleasant.

Tkay Maidza - Kim (with Baby Tate): Going out strong. This is a banger! Heaps of energy and brimming with bravado. The quirky production complemented the cheeky lyrics really well.

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

COBRAH - Good PusS (Remix) [feat. CupcakKe]

I can't really stand cupcakKe or anything she's featured in ..  :gaycat6:

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

Tkay Maidza - Don't Call Again (feat. Kari Faux)

I Love Tkay .. i almost forgot about this song bop. :katie2:

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

Calvin Harris - Woman Of The Year (with Stefflon Don, Chlöe & Coi Leray)

Never got into Calvih's funk projects but this song was one of the highlights from that awful mixtape part 2 :laugh:

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

City Girls - Job

actaully this chick sounds like the vocalist from my favourite Drake song :oh: 

SHAKE YOUR ASS FOR DRAKE!! 

but yeah sadly this song is a skip for me :sorry:

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

Borgore - ABRACADABRA (feat. cupcakKe & Chase Icon)

this just sounds like female $uidieboy$ .. except they make better music :skull:

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

BIA - BIG DEAL (feat. Sevyn Streeter)

I mean it's better than the awful list so far .. i'm not liking it but i'm not hating it :eli:

but that's because the song has good sub bass

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

Princess Nokia - Boys Are From Mars (feat. Yung Baby Tate)

Wait I Remember listening to Princess Nokia so much 2 years ago

didn't know she was a rap girlie too .. only a rnb queen :keir:  

this song is cute. 

Group B

⇆  ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻    

Charli XCX - Lipgloss (feat. CupcakKe)

the worst song off this album :laugh:  lurking at spotify I have every song liked except this one .. and that's saying something :shutup:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.