J.Lo rebrands entire tour after show cancellations

ZIVERT

she should always brand her tours as greatest hits because people will see her for that like they did in dance again the hits tour

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tudors

• Miichael

• gettsleazy

• A.R.L

I do actually buy Billboard over Variety given the stats stated here but her stans lamenting and questioning who could possibly have it out for her on a supposed "hate train" need to wake the **** up. She's built up a lot of animosity over 24 years that has little to do with jealousy.

She launched her career post Out of Sight by trashing multiple actresses to Movieline and followed it up with piss-poor apology letters, then became a bigger diva than Mariah during her peak as well documented (especially during her time on Top of the Pops promo with absurd demands).

Speaking of Mariah, being happy to play into Tommy Mottola's revenge tour with multiple factors during their divorce drama with nothing to say about it because she was benefitting from it. Then Billboard having to change their rules because the industry was pissed over I'm Real's chart-cheating with the remix.

Then her trashing Shakira through other sources because she was forced by Jay-Z to co-headline the Super Bowl when she could've withdrawn or actually come for him which would've made more sense.

Oh and I forgot allegedly gun-running for Diddy in New York (who she knew had enemies) which is now a key point in a recent lawsuit since his questioning.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why are we pretending Variety hates Jennifer Lopez when she was literally their cover star a month or so ago? :eek: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

I do actually buy Billboard over Variety given the stats stated here but her stans lamenting and questioning who could possibly have it out for her on a supposed "hate train" need to wake the **** up. She's built up a lot of animosity over 24 years that has little to do with jealousy.

She launched her career post Out of Sight by trashing multiple actresses to Movieline and followed it up with piss-poor apology letters, then became a bigger diva than Mariah during her peak as well documented (especially during her time on Top of the Pops promo with absurd demands).

Speaking of Mariah, being happy to play into Tommy Mottola's revenge tour with multiple factors during their divorce drama with nothing to say about it because she was benefitting from it. Then Billboard having to change their rules because the industry was pissed over I'm Real's chart-cheating with the remix.

Then her trashing Shakira through other sources because she was forced by Jay-Z to co-headline the Super Bowl when she could've withdrawn or actually come for him which would've made more sense.

Oh and I forgot allegedly gun-running for Diddy in New York (who she knew had enemies) which is now a key point in a recent lawsuit since his questioning.

Na Jlo is sweet. You seem mean but she seems really nice

3 minutes ago, Tudors said:

Actions speak louder than words. J.Lo had no choice but to rebrand given the bridges she'd burned (the fact that radio wasn't playing her anymore didn't help). I don't blame her, but it's awfully transparent.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Why are we pretending Variety hates Jennifer Lopez when she was literally their cover star a month or so ago? :eek: 

Well there goes THAT narrative.

Now what? :coffee2: 

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Actions speak louder than words. J.Lo had no choice but to rebrand given the bridges she'd burned (the fact that radio wasn't playing her anymore didn't help). I don't blame her, but it's awfully transparent.

Na if you watch her videos she's the same girl in the first and same girl in the most recent. Her brand remained the same but you definitely exhibit the mean girl behavior you are trying to pin on her. You are here trying to talk **** about her like how mean people do so why are you mad why are you angry

Edited by Tudors

1 minute ago, Tudors said:

Na if you watch her videos she's the same girl in the first and same girl in the most recent. Her brand remained the same but you definitely exhibit the mean girl behavior you are trying to pin on her. You are here trying to talk **** about her like how mean people do so why are you mad why are you angry

You haven't addressed literally any of my points. It's an act from her and always has been. We can agree to disagree. I don't stan for anyone she's had problems with like Mariah either.

• Thanks 1

She was too ambitious. 

We all could see it except her team I guess 

Soon she will quietly rebrand it as completely cancelled

• Haha 3

The tour is almost 70% sold after a month of sales, and still won't start for another 3... she's fine :rip: Variety is desperate for the clicks

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Time to call Pitbull

:suburban:

11 hours ago, madonnafan18 said:

Not even Pitbull could save this. :toofunny2:

cuz he wouldn't know her by now

2 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

No one has a problem with J.Lo when she sticks to her cute rom coms and businesses. But her movie/album were a mistake because nobody cares about J Lo as a music artist. She was the Selena Gomez of her time. 

Idk why she let her snub for Hustlers get to her because she could have built off that and tried more prestige work, instead of straight to Netflix action films

That's not really the point I was making though, and you kinda said it for me. As long as she stays in her box that is deemed suitable for her, then nobody has a problem. So her album flopped...  why does she need to be ridiculed and mocked non-stop for that? I just don't get it. It's not like she was even expecting it to be a huge success or anything. The similarities in the way that other older women in the industry have been treated is interesting.

That's a good idea. 

Very few artists can tour their new material after a certain point. 

1 hour ago, Tudors said:

Jlo is not a very nice person. She (and Ben) has caused havoc for so many service industry workers in places like Vegas. There are horror stories all over Twitter.

Her and Megan Trainor are some real divas.

Edited by Afterglow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

13 hours ago, Miichael said:

This hate train for her right now is so forced and is kinda giving the same ageism that Madonna got when she dared to not disappear into thin air after the age of 50

Not sure I agree here. The hate train for Jlo completely stems from her career beginnings, social history, and the insane decision to try to recreate her "original" sound despite the controversy of her using black people for professional gain. Not her age. Her films do well, this is strictly a music thing and how the GP perceives her as a popstar. 

Madonna has honestly never had a time in her career she didn't have a hate train on her, but that came from her intense artistry and sexuality, and her pushing the limits of whats acceptable...at the same time Madge was praised as well as hated on, yet was extremely successful in her 50's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Jlo is not a very nice person. She (and Ben) has caused havoc for so many service industry workers in places like Vegas. There are horror stories all over Twitter.

Her and Megan Trainor are some real divas.

Oh I don't care about that. Those people are just greedy and mean spirited in a way she is not

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Not sure I agree here. The hate train for Jlo completely stems from her career beginnings, social history, and the insane decision to try to recreate her "original" sound despite the controversy of her using black people for professional gain. Not her age. Her films do well, this is strictly a music thing and how the GP perceives her as a popstar. 

Madonna has honestly never had a time in her career she didn't have a hate train on her, but that came from her intense artistry and sexuality, and her pushing the limits of whats acceptable...at the same time Madge was praised as well as hated on, yet was extremely successful in her 50's.

If the hate train for her was solely due to those reasons I don't really see why it would be exclusive to her music career. If it was all because people just don't like her, they would be dragging her in all of her endeavours, it's just that they can't really come for her acting career because it's still successful and isn't as easy to attack her for. And I see your point about Madonna always being criticised, but I do think that the type of criticism she received changed and became a lot more focused on her age after a certain point.

didn't she just do a hits tour? :rip:

yall acting like you know JLo personally enough to vouch for her character and personality :rip: 

1 minute ago, Scandalous said:

didn't she just do a hits tour? :rip:

That was like 5 years ago you must be getting old and forgetful lol

2 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

I figured it's probably just a Mariah stan running their Twitter account.

• Haha 1

she just released an ad for this. The voice over still says the original title of the tour which is kinda odd given how they renamed it.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

@Benji124 is right :

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.