J.Lo rebrands entire tour after show cancellations

ZIVERT

Lopez initially announced the trek in February to coincide with the release of her latest album "This Is Me… Now" and its accompanying two films. But she quietly canceled some of its dates last month in cities like Cleveland and Nashville, likely due to poor sales. The latest rebrand suggests a pivot from a tour focusing on the new album's songs to one spanning her discography, a move that may entice listeners who didn't connect with her latest material.
Upon release in February, "This Is Me… Now" struggled to find an audience, selling 14,000 copies in its first week. While the album did debut atop the Billboard Top Album Sales Chart due to 11,000 in physical sales, it arrived at No. 38 on the Billboard 200, becoming the second of her nine studio albums to bow outside the top 10.

Edited by ZIVERT

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tudors

• Miichael

• gettsleazy

• A.R.L

Just post this in the tour thread this is old information. Jlo fans didn't even like the new album and rather hear the hits. Jlo is beautiful rich and skinny

Anyways I'm gonna have to have some of the lesser known hits added as well such as :

She should serve a Jlo meal package at her show that includes a ham and cheese on a roll a small bag of chips and orange drink (if you know you know)

Edited by Tudors
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4

This is me... rebranded

:suburban:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

After the diddy investigation it'll be 'This is me tour from the cell block'

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well, she funded the whole project so she might as well fund the tour attendance 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I hope the rebranding is helpful and that her team can resolve those "logistical issues". @Yudelkis :heart:

Time to call Pitbull

• Haha 8

Smart move. 

Isn't she filming something and that's why she canceled those last 7 dates?

Hate train is just funny at this point... ya'll acting like Jenny didn't start her string of flop singles back in 2005 with get right. She is beautiful, she is talented dancer, entertaining actress and a celebrity. Karma is a ***** and usually strikes just after christmas

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, kishi said:

That was the stan excuse, but both of those dates were booked WAY in advance. Variety has the real tea.

• Like 1

This is Me.... On The Run Tour 2

This is me now... Flopping

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

Hate train is just funny at this point... ya'll acting like Jenny didn't start her string of flop singles back in 2005 with get right. She is beautiful, she is talented dancer, entertaining actress and a celebrity. Karma is a ***** and usually strikes just after christmas

I was shocked when I looked back and realized that she was basically done at US radio after All I Have. Though Get Right was a big hit outside the US.

Edited by PoisonPill
  • Like 1

This is a smart move. People (aka me) would much rather see a greatest hits tour than of the new album

6 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

That was the stan excuse, but both of those dates were booked WAY in advance. Variety has the real tea.

So it just so happened that all of the dates that were cancelled due to "low ticket sales" were the last 7 shows scheduled on the tour?

22 minutes ago, Miichael said:

This hate train for her right now is so forced and is kinda giving the same ageism that Madonna got when she dared to not disappear into thin air after the age of 50

The audacity to compare Madonna to JLo

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

5 minutes ago, kishi said:

That's been the rumor I've seen. But according to Billboard, it was "routing" issues.

I believe the low ticket sales tbh. I don't see J. Lo being strong in the South where its predominately Black market, but she was able to keep Florida and add a second Miami to replace the lost Tampa date due to heavier Hispanic demo in the state.

18 minutes ago, Miichael said:

This hate train for her right now is so forced and is kinda giving the same ageism that Madonna got when she dared to not disappear into thin air after the age of 50

Jennifer hasn't been relevant in music since 2005, when she was mid-30s. That same year Madonna was 46 dominating with Confessions, so.

It's definitely not forced hate. She has a lot of unpleasant moments and very uninspired music. She set herself up coming back after 10 years with an ambitious concept but the same very flaccid sound.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.