So why Cowboy Carter is doing worse than Eternal Sunshine on Spotify?

duybeeGAshantiGA

4 minutes ago, SoundsandSongs said:

We need to keep the momentum going for a bigger Act III. Hopefully we dont get another Jay Z collab album nobody wants. 

I also hope she reads the room - we love and want SOLO Bey. We can digest 1 duett, but thats about it and only if its really grand and can keep up with their best efforts

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Rotunda

• Kristie Kuwa

• BnPac

Beyonce's voice is so dull that most people can not get through it for more than 10 minutes.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 13

3 minutes ago, Taemira said:

Beyonce's voice is so dull that most people can not get through it for more than 10 minutes.

Thats why her 1h 20min album is doing better on overall streaming than Arianas 36min long album

I live for the math ur displaying. Care to share where ur from? I wanna know which educational system to blame :suburban:

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

On 4/3/2024 at 1:51 PM, Bones said:

The more interesting album vocally won I mean I know they're both insane as vocalists but the way Ariana switched and made so many new things with her vocals in this album

This is not meant as shade to Ariana but have you heard COWBOY CARTER? The vocals, the NEW vocals are one of the biggest talking points. Her vocal stylings span country, folk rock, soul, R&B, opera, hip-hop... I mean, compliment Ariana's vocals all you want but don't lie and act like Ariana is the only one of the two who "switched" when in actuality her Eternal Sunshine is closer to Positions vocally than COWBOY CARTER is to RENAISSANCE.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Negiiiii said:

I'm sure Bey's physical numbers (170k) in the US only (available ONLY on her website, THIS A REMINDER, not in stores like Ari) beat the **** up of Ariana's WW physicals. 

have the day you deserve <3

:ryan3:

Do you have the numbers of Ariana's WW physical sales? Or just made that up?

anyways perhaps with these sales Bey will make it to the top 10 albums these year in the IFPI, I was so sad when Renaissance didn't make it in 2022, I'll be supporting harder this time :clap3:

• Thumbs Down 3

This site is a mess

Day 1: Using Beyonce to drag Ariana's openning

Day 3: Using Ariana to drag Beyonce's 3rd day

:dies: 

• Haha 2

Keep my Queens' names out of your raggedy mouth, ho.

Embarassing thread from an embarassing user.

18 minutes ago, Gerardo said:

Do you have the numbers of Ariana's WW physical sales? Or just made that up?

anyways perhaps with these sales Bey will make it to the top 10 albums these year in the IFPI, I was so sad when Renaissance didn't make it in 2022, I'll be supporting harder this time :clap3:

I would never make up (my fav Ari song <3) numbers babe and god (is a woman) knows I love Ari.

Ariana did 324k first week worldwide which include 141k of sales (downloads + physical so I'm nicer I don't count physical only see boo I got you). You can check the receipt directly through United World Chart if you any help let me know I'll post a screenshot for ya if you cannot find what you need.

love you boo

@Lose My Breath@Kristie Kuwa how to clock mouths 101 sisters

:ryan3:

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Negiiiii said:

United World Chart

:dies:

6 hours ago, Taemira said:

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

People are still in here trying it with Cowboy Carter, huh?

200.gif?cid=a595bef36quwdf33iv33glyg3jbk

• Like 1

autoplay, literally that's the reason wcbf went "viral"

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Where is it doing better? 

Cowboy Carter is a phenomenon in my life, I'm literally visiting Europe right now and people are talking about it and playing TxHE in every club :deadbanana4: Don't know the streaming numbers but the cultural relevance is massive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2024 at 4:04 AM, SoundsandSongs said:

Everyone thought CC would be flop outside USA because country is local but it's actually demolishing Renaissance globally:

USA first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 152.2m (+81.8m)

Renaissance - 70.4m

Outside of USA first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 164.3m (+61.8m)

Renaissance - 102.5m

Worldwide first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 316.5m (+143.6m)

Renaissance - 172.9m

Wow!!!

24 minutes ago, shyboi said:

so what is the truth? 

Both are slaying and the OBHs are embarrassing themselves

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shyboi said:

so what is the truth? 

The truth is that Cowboy Carter is doing amazing, almost doubling Renaissance numbers WW and Texas is smashing internationally in streaming, sales and radio. At this rate CC will be another IFPI top 10 album for Beyonce while Texas has a good chance at top 10 on the IFPI YE singles chart too. This is a woman who has consistently seen global success since DC:

2001: Survivor - IFPI #3

2003: Dangerously in Love - IFPI #5

2005: Destiny Fulfilled - IFPI #8

2006: Bday - IFPI #6

2008: IASF - IFPI #12 (November release)

2011: 4 - IFPI #12

2013: Self Titled - IFPI #10 (December release)

2016: Lemonade - IFPI #1

2022: Renaissance - IFPI #17

2024: IFPI Top 10 looking extremely likely

Despite debuting in the 90s as the face of DC and in 2002 as a soloist she's the 6th most streamed female on spotify ever by lead credits (excluding DC) and the 7th most streamed female by total credits (excluding DC). The fact we are even comparing Beyonce to Ari, a much newer artist who established herself in the streaming era is insane.

Edited by SoundsandSongs

CC is too long for today's standard...

On 4/7/2024 at 6:22 PM, SoundsandSongs said:

The truth is that Cowboy Carter is doing amazing, almost doubling Renaissance numbers WW and Texas is smashing internationally in streaming, sales and radio. At this rate CC will be another IFPI top 10 album for Beyonce while Texas has a good chance at top 10 on the IFPI YE singles chart too. This is a woman who has consistently seen global success since DC:

2001: Survivor - IFPI #3

2003: Dangerously in Love - IFPI #5

2005: Destiny Fulfilled - IFPI #8

2006: Bday - IFPI #6

2008: IASF - IFPI #12 (November release)

2011: 4 - IFPI #12

2013: Self Titled - IFPI #10 (December release)

2016: Lemonade - IFPI #1

2022: Renaissance - IFPI #17

2024: IFPI Top 10 looking extremely likely

Despite debuting in the 90s as the face of DC and in 2002 as a soloist she's the 6th most streamed female on spotify ever by lead credits (excluding DC) and the 7th most streamed female by total credits (excluding DC). The fact we are even comparing Beyonce to Ari, a much newer artist who established herself in the streaming era is insane.

An actually useful answer would be if it's outpacing es or not

Ari's target audience, who are the primary streamers, prefer short albums. It's not rocket science :toofunny2:

If anything, this shows how impressive Bey's numbers really are. Any other female, especially her age, would not be doing these kinds of numbers with an album like Cowboy Carter. While it is as accessible as Eternal Sunshine in some parts, it is more challenging in other parts. Just an overall more experimental and conceptual record. Hard to compare the streaming success of the two albums because they have almost nothing in common.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.