So why Cowboy Carter is doing worse than Eternal Sunshine on Spotify?

duybeeGAshantiGA

The more interesting album vocally won I mean I know they're both insane as vocalists but the way Ariana switched and made so many new things with her vocals in this album

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Rotunda

• Kristie Kuwa

• BnPac

27 songs ? Good Byeye

On 4/3/2024 at 12:44 AM, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Look at my sig. Ari is my fave. Hiding behind Ari while Gaga is smashing as am actress, something Bey has been trying to achieve for decades.

Beyonce doesn't need to run to acting because of a declining music career. She can still get SOLO #1 hits and gross $500m + with a tour.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bones said:

The more interesting album vocally won I mean I know they're both insane as vocalists but the way Ariana switched and made so many new things with her vocals in this album

In what world? Please show me an Eternal Sunshine song that compares to YaYa or Daughter vocally?

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Havoc said:

In what world? Please show me an Eternal Sunshine song that compares to YaYa or Daughter vocally?

Daughter is one of the most interesting in the album, but to my taste even ES' intro is heavenlier

55 minutes ago, Eternal220 said:

Beyonce doesn't need to run to acting because of a declining music career. She can still get SOLO #1 hits and gross $500m + with a tour.

So you speak on her behalf? She doesnt need it but she tried for that Oscar many times but failed everytime.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:57 PM, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Eternal Sunshine is the better album.

In your deam maybe

• Haha 3

On 4/2/2024 at 9:31 PM, bringdanoize said:

the amount of times I've received an answer with just my avi… 

why can't I have an opinion about music if I have Selena on my profile pic? :chick3:

You can have an opinion but nobody takes it seriously :ryan3:

well apple music US is only streaming we can't be friends. Beyoncé has at least 22 songs charting

On 4/2/2024 at 6:41 PM, bad guy said:

CC is an event

To who?

• Thumbs Down 5

4 minutes ago, joehyche said:

well apple music US is only streaming we can't be friends. Beyoncé has at least 22 songs charting

Considering ES is a month old and CC is only a week old this isn't surprising. ES charted all tracks during the same timespan, had 11/13 tracks in the top 100 and 7 tracks top 50 2 weeks post release on AM US. ES pulled more global streams on both AM and Spotify while CC pulled more streams in the US. Both albums exceeded expectations and did strong streaming numbers. 

I love both but ari is a streaming force and bey has the sales 

• Thanks 1

CC's first week SEA only is higher than ES' entire EAS

Looks like CC did over 300 million US streams first week compared to 190 million?

Edited by Lose My Breath

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

Looks like CC did over 300 million US streams first week compared to 190 million?

Do you have the WW numbers? Or do those don't matter?

1 minute ago, Gerardo said:

Do you have the WW numbers? Or do those don't matter?

I'm sure Bey's physical numbers (170k) in the US only (available ONLY on her website, THIS A REMINDER, not in stores like Ari) beat the **** up of Ariana's WW physicals. 

have the day you deserve <3

:ryan3:

Beyoncé's out-streaming her previous effort x2 and opened 100k+ higher without physicals available. :redface:

The fact that she is competing with Ariana's comeback album, after just releasing in '22 and touring last year, says all that need to be said. :sistrens:

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

CC's first week SEA only is higher than ES' entire EAS

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

duabeygrammy.thumb.gif.8a1a339f438f15271

I mean, Eternal Sunshine has more global appeal since Cowboy Carter is a country record, and that sort of music does not have a strong international audience. How has CC been performing outside of the US?

30 yr old who debuted in 2013 vs 42 yr old who debuted in 1997..

you really have no shame putting ari and bey against each other with a gaga avi/username, but i'm glad most comments are reminding you of that:eatpopcorn:

56 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I mean, Eternal Sunshine has more global appeal since Cowboy Carter is a country record, and that sort of music does not have a strong international audience. How has CC been performing outside of the US?

Weekly spotify chart:

#1 Global
#1 United Kingdom
#1 United States
#1 Austria
#1 Australia 
#1 Belgium 
#1 Brazil
#1 Canada
#1 Denmark
#1 Finland
#1 France
#1 Germany
#1 Ireland

#1 Israel
#1 Netherlands
#1 New Zealand 
#1 Norway
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#2 South Africa 
#3 Poland
#4 Spain

#5 Hong Kong

#5 Romania

#5 Slovakia

#6 Czech Republic

#8 Hungary

#10 Singapore

Edited by SoundsandSongs
  • Like 1

Everyone thought CC would be flop outside USA because country is local but it's actually demolishing Renaissance globally:

USA first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 152.2m (+81.8m)

Renaissance - 70.4m

Outside of USA first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 164.3m (+61.8m)

Renaissance - 102.5m

Worldwide first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 316.5m (+143.6m)

Renaissance - 172.9m

41 minutes ago, SoundsandSongs said:

Everyone thought CC would be flop outside USA because country is local but it's actually demolishing Renaissance globally:

USA first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 152.2m (+81.8m)

Renaissance - 70.4m

Outside of USA first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 164.3m (+61.8m)

Renaissance - 102.5m

Worldwide first week spotify:

Cowboy Carter - 316.5m (+143.6m)

Renaissance - 172.9m

Almost double the amount of streams is insane tbh

Thank yew act 1 era (album, hit songs, tour and film) for laying the groundwork for Beys resurgence on streaming

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

4 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Almost double the amount of streams is insane tbh

Thank yew act 1 era (album, hit songs, tour and film) for laying the groundwork for Beys resurgence on streaming

We need to keep the momentum going for a bigger Act III. Hopefully we dont get another Jay Z collab album nobody wants. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.