So why Cowboy Carter is doing worse than Eternal Sunshine on Spotify?

duybeeGAshantiGA

All the media/critics created hype died down. Now the real GPs verdict is coming out. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Rotunda

• Kristie Kuwa

• BnPac

But CC is projected to sell more first week than ES, why? :chick3:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

torturedpoet

The Hive resorting to anything but actually giving an answer is sending me :toofunny3:

ot: ES is a great album :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 4

You're doing a lot for someone with a Chromatica profile pic in 2024.

Also, wasn't Ariana basically the female face of streaming before Taylor took the throne? It's in no way surprising that Ariana continues to pull in big numbers. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ariana who saved your fave's last album? I understand the allegiance now :dies:

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Down 4

Monsters still hiding behind Ariana. :laugh:

Beyhive should not fall into that trap. 

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Down 2

8 minutes ago, torturedpoet said:

The Hive resorting to anything but actually giving an answer is sending me :toofunny3:

ot: ES is a great album :clap3:

ES had a weak lead single, a questionable rollout, and bad PR coming into the era. Ariana then delivered a strong album that got people to stick around. Before Taylor she was the queen of streaming, so it makes sense she'd stabilize once the era got back on track.

Beyoncé has never been a Spotify giant (she's comparably stronger on AM, which was proven during the Renaissance era). The album length may have contributed to a bigger debut than she'd normally achieve, but she's obviously not going to maintain interest across 24 tracks from fairweather listeners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're so lucky that we got two great albums! :gaycatina1:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

An album with 27 tracks just looks exhausting. Short albums like ES have more replay value 

literally the reason I haven't listened yet even though I love Rennie :suburban:

• Like 1

People forget that visuals and a single push helps with streaming. Beyonce has yet to release any visual or even push one single outside of the lead. ES had a viral hit right after release WCBF with a video. 

Because of Easter Sunday

Why hasn't Gaga had a solo #1 since the Obama administration?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ariana is a streaming giant, Beyoncé's shade aside, it's good that people can admit that again. 

Just wait till Bey releases YA YA as a single, CC's streams will shoot up..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

torturedpoet
9 minutes ago, Ya Ya said:

The album length may have contributed to a bigger debut than she'd normally achieve, but she's obviously not going to maintain interest across 24 tracks from fairweather listeners.

You could've just said it's frontloaded. 

• Haha 2

There's no way you can drag either ari or bey. They both exceeded expectations. 

• Like 1

Whatever helps yall feel better. Ariana is not bigger than Bey and yall get humbled everytime by trying to pit whatever girl yall see against her. 

• Like 2

Hiding behind Ariana to drag Beyoncé isn't the serve you think it is. Let's pull up Chromatica streams if we're being real :gaycat2:

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I mean Ariana has been making the same album since 2013. She makes music for Gen-Z, one that will easily go viral on TikTok. She's always been a streaming giant and she releases two videos along with comeback hypes. Do you know how experimental Cowboy Carter is? It takes me a few listens to get into it and I'm a Beyhive. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 13

ES is the best Ariana's album with a huge replay value.

CC is bad, the worst Bey's album.

So, it's obvious why ES is winning.

But that doesn't mean that Ariana is bigger, if Bey's album was good, she would destroy.

• Haha 1

They both are doing amazing. They make vastly different music and have completely different audiences.

Stop hiding behind Ariana and actually use Gaga's stats to compare. It's embarrassing.

Edited by LustSpell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.