Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

Yea the movie Barbie was really woke and really stupid. Now I like Shakira more.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vale9001

Horizon Flame
56 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Having this take in 2024…yikes 

You mean an independent thought? Gasp!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

If your sons need empowerment maybe watch one of the zillion movies about, for and by men? 

No wonder Pique played her ass. :skull:

• Like 1

Go to bed grandma! 

5 minutes ago, Park Jinyoung said:

If your sons need empowerment maybe watch one of the zillion movies about, for and by men? 

She should tell them that they are Kenough :giraffe:

12 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

That film is one of the worst movies ever made. I have all these gay friends who whispered to me how much they hated it but not to tell anyone because they didn't want their liberal friends to come for them. :coffee2:

It's a satirical movie about dolls tbh. I agree it's not a masterpiece but this political thing is a bit of a stretch....

• Like 1

What a brain dead take. Out of all things to criticise about the movie. The homophonic undertones are really strong with this one considering her songs aren't even of age.

No wonder that playlist album bombed into oblivion.

Edited by KOMH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If she had said everything she had said, but without adding "emasculating" there would have been a lot less stir (except the usual stan wars flare-ups).

Shaki's propensity to sprinkle fancy long multi-syllable words in her English speech caused her trouble (instead of the usual compliments).

I will never take the opinion of someone who doesn't pay their taxes seriously. Stupid broad

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Deleting Punteria from my playlist :mazen:

• Thumbs Down 1

I also think Shakira fetishizes the role of men to satisfy her narrative of what she finds attractive in men… It's no secret she likes territorial, jealous and possessive men. There are inherent traits that come with those, and unfortunately they're not all positive.

• Like 3

Shaki girl you in danger 

Shakira has become so tone-deaf is ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, Attitude said:

No wonder Pique played her ass. :skull:

Now, now. Be nice. 

She deserved to flop.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, JO1s said:

She deserved to flop.

10 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Deleting Punteria from my playlist :mazen:

Y'all are doing way too much just because she didn't like a film, like for real :skull:

37 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

You're raising them wrong if your sons think female empowerment takes away from their masculinity. 

Nothing wrong with female empowerment in the film, but they could've had it without making all men in the film be so stupid tbh.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh Shakira.... what a dumb take.

You can hate the movie, have your own opinions, that is fine. But her take is HORRIBLE.

She's always given off "traditional family" vibes ever since she got with Pique. And the saddest thing about this is that, one, she is basing her new album on women being powerful and not needing men to provide (las mujeres facturan) which is ironic, and two, she still thinks this way after she gave up everything (her career) for this man just so he could feel "powerful and able to provide" just for him to cheat, break up her family and basically change her life.

Not surprised that the sons of a football player hate a feminist movie :rip:

• Thanks 1

Not some of the people here acting all outraged when their faves stayed in real abusive relationships and glamorized it, proudly dated mysoginists-racists or defended creepy predatory men openly  in interviews :giraffe:
Your fave is not any better :rogue:

But yes :gayriahcat1: agree with some of the takes here. Those kids are not being raised well. 
Theyre raising them into macho boys (probably pique influence mostly) and not being taught enough of how hard is to be a woman in this earth

Even we as Gay community. If we are "too femme" we get attacked. Why? Cause this world hates women and everything associated with them. 

Shakira has always talked of how hard was for her to achieve all the the things she did cause she was a woman. She had to be very combative with her ideas to be listened

So, this take is strange for me. Like she said there....She agreeing only to a "certain extent" but not entirelly.  Hope she gets educated and educates them. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't she supposed to have like a huge iq?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

Nothing wrong with female empowerment in the film, but they could've had it without making all men in the film be so stupid tbh.

Ken/Barbie have always kinda played this role though, I'm not sure what anyone was expecting… Its not that deep.

And regardless, I kinda saw the movie with Ken/Barbie as foils to each other and the real world. Barbie being a woman who isn't valued for her intelligence/leadership in the real world that is run by men, Ken being a man who isn't being valued for his kind heart nor his feelings in Barbieland where women play the role of "the man". 

Kinda showed to me how women can also participate in toxic masculinity, while also showing that men aren't valued for their emotional intelligence, nor are they taught to be, so they can't navigate their feelings and turn towards hyper-masculinity as a way to feel valued for being a man. Barbie's side of the story was much more face value, women can be CEOs too! type of feminism. I ironically really believed Ken's role was way more nuanced and interesting, so imagine my surprise when people thought the movie was about hating men :deadbanana:

Nnnn…I still adore her, but after 30 years of being relatively uncontroversial you think she would know better what to say publicly, and also know that this was not it. :rip:

• Thanks 2

Now I get why she thought she could get away with tax fraud. She is dumb as rocks. 

• Haha 9
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.