Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

Of course it's a joke. Shakira is One of the most prolific (and annoying) "feminists" there are. The movie is still crap. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vuelve88

There are dozen of movies that uplift men but God forbid a movie attempts to uplift women, everyone starts losing it. 

Her sons will be fine. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

She has never sounded intelligent ever at all on any occasion ever so her producing this thought is not surprising. 

But but but she speaks five languages!!!1

• Haha 5

she's right in a sense but that is not what the movie was portraying 

8 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Well then why they needed 4 other men to write their Top 90 Hit Acróstico??

Same reason your fave needed an army for a top 40 album? Hmmmm :gaycat5:

Ban S-word like for J.K R-word!

I didn't know she was so STUPID? wtf :deadbanana4:

What an idiot omg

• Haha 11

What a terrible take. I feel bad for her sons. Having a dumb cheating football man as a father and their mom is out here saying this meninist **** :skull:

Barbie had its weak moments and deserves some criticism, but this isnt one of them. It's crazy how people still missed the entire point of the film although it couldn't be more obvious and straightforward 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 5

Barbie is an awful movie, but it's harmless. What a shitty take.

Shakira (Loca, Fool) needs to teach her boys accountancy and loyalty instead.

You're showing a movie called Barbie to your sons. That itself is emasculating than whatever it's shown in the movie #RealTalk

• Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 13

People talking about this movie like it had anything meaningful to say. It's literally a Friends episode (same bland humor and just as deep) stretched to 2 hours with a bloated 200M budget.

Ups and Downs - Cast - Wattpad

Edited by Crazy in Love
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

I thought she was one of the smartest pop girls so this is very disappointing.

• Like 1

The way I made a group presentation about this movie for my English Linguistics class whether it was a feminist movie or not through media and language analysis and now everybody hates it :biblionny:At least I got an A+ in the end :-*

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Thanks 1

Sounds homophobic :biblio: 

• Thanks 1

Anyyyyyywayyyyy she looks gorgeous! Photo shoot is giving me early 90s Miami vibes.

3 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

Barbie is an awful movie, but it's harmless. What a shitty take.

Shakira (Loca, Fool) needs to teach her boys accountancy and loyalty instead.

So harmless these are the reactions It gets

Stay in your twitter universe made by fourth waves of intersectional trans feminism when 95% of basic men and women in real world can's stand a blockbuster with a fun parody of gender roles and basic feminism takes.

:suburban:

Edited by vale9001

Shakira has always needed a man in her life, so it's not surprising that she has this take. She can say very intelligent things at times, and then turn around and make the most egregious generalizations (like her comment about athletes). I'm not sure who she is trying to appeal to by dragging Barbie -- the straight men that might accidentally read it? 

4 minutes ago, Crazy in Love said:

People talking about this movie like it had anything meaningful to say. It's literally a Friends episode (same bland humor and just as deep) stretched to 2 hours with a bloated 200M budget.

Ups and Downs - Cast - Wattpad

Honestly it had nothing substantive to say about feminism or gender relations in the 21st century. Just very shallow girl boss feminism that was already dated ten years ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

I thought she was one of the smartest pop girls so this is very disappointing.

She is tho. :clap3:

I remember telling my lesbian friend how I didnt like the movie and they tried to pull the whole "Well your a man and didn't understand"

Like sis the movie is terrible. Theres so many better women empowerment movies that aren't incredibly dull 

Uhh... Maybe Shakira is playing an April's Fools prank on us? In the sense that-

krackpink.gif

• Haha 2

April Fools puta

spacer.png

Edited by DAP

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Honestly it had nothing substantive to say about feminism or gender relations in the 21st century. Just very shallow girl boss feminism that was already dated ten years ago.

America Ferrera's speech was so hyped up I expected to have my mind blown in the theatre but instead she served "I'm Mrs she's too big now she's too thin".

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.