Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vuelve88

shakira girl…the point of the film flew way over her head

14 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

"My sons absolutely hated it. They felt that it was emasculating. And I agree, to a certain extent. I'm raising two boys. I want 'em to feel powerful too [while] respecting women. I like pop culture when it attempts to empower women without robbing men of their possibility to be men, to also protect and provide. I believe in giving women all the tools and the trust that we can do it all without losing our essence, without losing our femininity. I think that men have a purpose in society and women have another purpose as well. We complement each other, and that complement should not be lost.”

https://www.allure.com/story/shakira-cover

tumblr_nkftyyKKji1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

"My sons absolutely hated it. They felt that it was emasculating. And I agree, to a certain extent. I'm raising two boys. I want 'em to feel powerful too [while] respecting women. I like pop culture when it attempts to empower women without robbing men of their possibility to be men, to also protect and provide. I believe in giving women all the tools and the trust that we can do it all without losing our essence, without losing our femininity. I think that men have a purpose in society and women have another purpose as well. We complement each other, and that complement should not be lost.”

https://www.allure.com/story/shakira-cover

Candace Owens is that you

• Haha 1

funny the change in narrative after all this months, now basically everybody saying that they hated the movie when I remember dam well how their asses were behaving the premiere week

like they feel edgy by not liking it

that being said, it was a terrible movie indeed. 

12 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

dumb bish raising dumb sons

if that's her takeway from this movie no wonder her and piqué were a match made in heaven

bUmaWsz.jpeg 

Her recent weird generalization about how artists shouldn't date athletes because they lack empathy was so funny. Like I love her but Piqué has always been an arrogant a-hole and known to be one, that's kinda his whole thing. 

Edited by Mandalore
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

dumb bish raising dumb sons

if that's her takeway from this movie no wonder her and piqué were a match made in heaven

bUmaWsz.jpeg 

Her kids are already musicians that write their own music. Crucify the women for not liking every BS movie that's released.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Well the movie is quite bad.

but the Billie and Nicki songs are nice. 

4 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Your 9 year old told you "mommy, this is so emasculating!"? 

Serving fake "my 4 year old told me" LinkedIn post

n0hd2di8yac51.jpg?auto=webp&s=9b79bfe74f

• Haha 12

4 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Your 9 year old told you "mommy, this is so emasculating!"? 

Serving fake "my 4 year old told me" LinkedIn post

n0hd2di8yac51.jpg?auto=webp&s=9b79bfe74f

The kids really used that word??? Like be real.

Also this is very on brand of her, being co-depending of men always and pausing her careers for years for a dumb soccer guy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

Her kids are already musicians that write their own music. Crucify the women for not liking every BS movie that's released.

Well then why they needed 4 other men to write their Top 90 Hit Acróstico??

Shakira is a bird, growing up is realizing a lot of ur faves are stupid, vapid, problematic, idiots.

Especially Rihanna, running around with R.Kelly t-shirts and no one batting an eye.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not this boomer "men's rights matter" take, huge yikes :rip:

• Thanks 1

suspicious-cardib.gif

Does anyone remember those old rumors that Shakira was homophobic? There's something about her personality that I've never liked and I don't really know what it is. She's like very fake. 

Edited by bliaz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Girl... :rip:

It's crazy how a movie with such a simple and straight-forward message manages to be so misunderstood.

• Like 6

You worrying about the wrong **** with this dumbass take. :skull: 

I don't disagree with her. I find this movie a mess. But quite Brave coming from One of the most Notorious man hating female celebrities out there. Isn't her whole brand about coming for Piqué because he cheated on her since 2022?

• Thumbs Down 2

She has never sounded intelligent ever at all on any occasion ever so her producing this thought is not surprising. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

The She Wolf feminism has been a mess from the very start, and it's being used as marketing ploy to launch this era.

This is the same woman who left her career to start a family with a football player :rip:

If poor Milan and Sasha have developed fragile little egos since their pre teens due to a DOLL satire movie she needs to have a word with them and she needs to read a little bit more about gender stereotypes.

Please stop talking about feminism :deadbanana4:

Edited by Lorelei
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

She was like

krackpink.gif

• Haha 11

This comment of hers really highlights why Barbie had to be as "straightforward" as it was. People STILL don't get it. This is why everyone needs to pay attention in reading class, to dig deeper beyond a piece of media's surface :bunny:

• Like 11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.