Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

1 minute ago, Shinning said:

Sure am. Don't care how many languages she speaks, she's a dumbass.

Of course you don't

Member Title: House of Renaissance

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vuelve88

Aww, poor men. They're so oppressed! 

• Haha 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Sure am. Don't care how many languages she speaks, she's a dumbass.

:ace:

anyway feels like nobody cares except ATRL and some twitter ppl. 

cancellation got cancelled 

• Like 1

If you don't get her point, maybe it's because you're not a middle aged straight woman? 90% of the GP agree with her & the movie was trash, rightfully snubbed at the Oscar's.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

33 minutes ago, Shinning said:

So what you're saying is that she used to be intelligent but she's not anymore? What happened?

Because an intelligent educated person does not say this kind of stuff. 

Just because she doesn't think like you doesn't mean she is not inteligent. Greatest minds have contrasting opinions all the time.

• Like 2

I kinda agree with her tbh

• Like 1

It's because of people like her, at least in part, that toxic masculinity is growing bigger in dictatorship countries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

What a dumbass, glad her new album tanked. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Riot said:

Questioning someone's intelligence just because of a take on a movie, y'all are ridiculous :deadbanana2:

this is one of many things she has done that show a lack of critical thought

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, Mandalay said:

It's because of people like her, at least in part, that toxic masculinity is growing bigger in dictatorship countries.

Yes she is the reason for North Korea

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Y'all are doing way too much just because she didn't like a film, like for real :skull:

Nothing wrong with female empowerment in the film, but they could've had it without making all men in the film be so stupid tbh.

She should've shown them those James Bond movies from the 60s, 70s to protect their 'fragile' masculinity then. Maybe they'd be please seeing Sean Connery having 💯 control over those 'dumb' broads.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 4

She is a smart woman but sadly she is still a product of her upbringing and circumstances, being a mother of 2 boys doesnt help either, plus shes always being a fan of gender roles and femininity, and as much as she tries to be progressive her core values wont let her get too far in that direction sadly, either way her comment is weird because the barbie movie's whole point is that both genders can be self fulfilled and patriarchy afffects both of them, also the kens are an analogy to the women in real world...i dont see where people take the emasculation from, she simply didnt understand the movie, miss "im not a feminist" until 2009.  Also barbie haters are hilarious like i knew the situation regarding feminism in the world is pretty bad still, but this movie, its so simple,  just shows people are insanely slow in this regard, i guess we still have a long way to go...

Edited by devonedelrey
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Prison 

9 hours ago, Mandalay said:

Your comment is so ridiculous :bibliahh:

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, DemDam92 said:

Yes she is the reason for North Korea

2 hours ago, mig123 said:

Your comment is so ridiculous :bibliahh:

I'm from Myanmar and wives of military dogs have the exact same comments like Shakira whenever something 'liberal' happens here. You don't know the amount of tyranny and oppression they are supporting passively.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I love Shakira but girl must be going through it, her views seem so skewed since the divorce :rip: 

I thought Shakira would be intelligent enough to understand what Barbie represents and the subtle satire behind all of it. It's really not that deep and The Barbie Movie is the least of those boys' concern. Their father cheated on their mother with a woman 10 years older than them… let's check that first!

Edited by CottageHore
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 4/1/2024 at 4:27 PM, Alaska. said:

And some people still criticize the movie for its lack of nuance when even then some still don't understand the whole point :rip:

Right, because people kept saying how the movie's feminist message was dumbed down and simplistic yet it keeps being misinterpreted. :deadbanana4:

On 4/2/2024 at 10:29 AM, DemDam92 said:

:ace:

anyway feels like nobody cares except ATRL and some twitter ppl. 

cancellation got cancelled 

?

Hey Shakira 

stfu-hang-up.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, zach said:

?

Ben Shapiro using the word "based" is the most cringe thing I've witnessed in awhile :suburban:

• Haha 1

How disappointing, I mean she's still sweet but maybe also **** 

:ahh:

She's right. The movie is absolutely cringe. Definitely don't deserve any Oscar nomination. :gayoncecat2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

After a whole year preaching - and profiting from - female empowerment (her new album is even titled "Las mujeres ya no lloran”) she gives a declaration like that?! Make it make sense. :michael:

Spoiler

Won't be streaming her new album anymore. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I agree with her and i dont like that people are trying to cancel her over a personal opinion. Like god forbids if an opinion doesnt conform to gen z woke culture and pronouns and stuff. Like hello its ok to have different views on something and not forced an opinion that liberals and gen z think its ok for today's standards.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.