Shakira drags Barbie movie: "It was emasculating, my sons should feel powerful too!"

Psylocke

"My sons absolutely hated it. They felt that it was emasculating. And I agree, to a certain extent. I'm raising two boys. I want 'em to feel powerful too [while] respecting women. I like pop culture when it attempts to empower women without robbing men of their possibility to be men, to also protect and provide. I believe in giving women all the tools and the trust that we can do it all without losing our essence, without losing our femininity. I think that men have a purpose in society and women have another purpose as well. We complement each other, and that complement should not be lost.”

https://www.allure.com/story/shakira-cover

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 62
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TotallyHot

• AvadaKedavra

• mig123

• vuelve88

did she watch the actual movie :deadbanana2:

did she actually watch the movie or? maybe she should stick to tax fraud instead of criticing movies cause this ain't her brightest... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Darn Tootin said:

how about you pay your taxes instead of paying for movie tickets 

Came in here to say this sjhakjakljlasaa

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

"I think that men have a purpose in society and women have another purpose as well. We complement each other, and that complement should not be lost.”

So... the movie's plot

margo2(short).thumb.gif.1c7cbe9a80317a32

• Like 3

Shakira sounds out of touch just like her current music.

• Haha 5

barbiegrande
1 minute ago, Alaska. said:

And some people still criticize the movie for its lack of nuance when even then some still don't understand the whole point :rip:

It's pretty crazy how people either think Barbie was feminazi propaganda or that it wasn't nearly feminist enough. We really live in two Americas  

• Like 9

… did she actually watch the movie or…

Is this real? Because this is a very very very very ignorant take.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

this is not the take she thought it was :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.