Who will snatch AOTY - Cowboy Carter or Tortured Poet?

1000 forms of queer

Will Bey FINALLY snatch AOTY this time?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Or will Tay snatch?

• Beyonce - Cowboy Carter
    • Taylor Swift - Tortured Poet's Department

2 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Kinda hope Tay gets it for the backlash, the Grammys need to crash and burn tbh Harry's House and MIDnights back to back is tragic. 

:khalyan:

The same backlash that she was supposed to receive this year, or the year she won her 3rd, or 2nd?

Maybe we do need a 5th win, so that "backlash" can lead to a massive ratings increase again like it did this year.

kiconn.png

• Haha 1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• 1000 forms of queer

• Roger21

• Feanor

11 minutes ago, Feanor said:

The same backlash that she was supposed to receive this year, or the year she won her 3rd, or 2nd?

Maybe we do need a 5th win, so that "backlash" can lead to a massive ratings increase again like it did this year.

kiconn.png

Who said she was getting backlash for those? Not me 

the gag when neither of these women win :rip:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Because we are stats nerds. 

Interesting to say that now...that wasn't the case during the I am...Sasha Fierce, BEYONCE, Lemonade and Renaissance eras but ok.

That said, I'm thinking neither and still going with Billie, Vampire Weekend or someone else.

A rap album and possible r&b album or two rap albums or just one rap album inclusion will pull votes and sway things a bit.

Because it has shown more than ever that it doesnt reward what it says it rewards. You cannot under no circumstances deny black artists from winning in major categories like that. It just reads really really bad, and it's worse now than it was in the 80s. Adele and Taylor having more AOTYs than all black females together in the history of the show? No ma

Always rewarding Bey in genre categories only to "humble" her in the general fields? No mam

And I dont believe Bey shouldve won all of her genre awards, but its clear its their way of comforting her because of the riggamoris that is happening and because Bey is too valuable for them

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

Lana will take it with her country album.

when H.E.R. wins and we all look like clowns by next year

We haven't even heard one of the two...

Imagine if Taylor wins again. :eek:

It'll probably go to another random male artist lbr.

Edited by Jude

How are there still people who believe the Grammys are one entity that take viewership and their own image into consideration when awarding?

If you believe that, why would you care one bit about the Grammys?

Can't we wait until September for these threads?  Chances are they will give it to some white guy this year.  

On 3/31/2024 at 3:46 PM, McNulty said:

they will give it to their favorite white girl

That's fine, we love Billie.

Neither.

Cowboy Carter does not deserve a nomination let alone an AOTY win. And Taylor won't get a consecutive win. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Neither. Eternal Sinshine is poised to SNATCH!

No shade to Beyoncé because I really enjoy the album but when they announce the nominees and Cowboy Carter takes two whole slideshows for all the writing credits... :celestial5:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Venice B said:

No shade to Beyoncé because I really enjoy the album but when they announce the nominees and Cowboy Carter takes two whole slideshows for all the writing credits... :celestial5:

Oh wow :deadbanana4:

neither. Giving Taylor another win after the backlash from SOS loss would end the Grammys and Beyonce already has the old heads furious with her reclaiming her country music roots. I would be very very very surprised if they award her for such a move.

On 3/30/2024 at 10:31 PM, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Not gonna say much, but reading this thread will give you an idea about how Grammys work. Is it really about the music? Yall give out reasoning about this and that and none is about the actual music. So it's about playing the game and politics?

bingo :rip:

tbh almost every time this question pops up, it's actually about the logistics of the voters or campaigning of it all, almost never about the contents of the album.

Edited by drivers license

CC has too much filler. Taylor has a better shot.

13 hours ago, Venice B said:

:deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

neither. Giving Taylor another win after the backlash from SOS loss would end the Grammys and Beyonce already has the old heads furious with her reclaiming her country music roots. I would be very very very surprised if they award her for such a move.

NARAS can't control the final decision voters (most of our faves) will vote for whoever they like they don't care bout the backlash. The Grammys used to have BRP to block nominees but thanks to Abel we now can witness Taylor's 5th AOTY :clap3:

16 hours ago, Venice B said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe6ibtKBIQ_E2V5NGY7Z5

To be continued in the next slide…….

Edited by Roger21
  • Haha 2

I don't understand the fascination for these specific Grammy categories because who actually checks those? :rip: 

Like who thinks of a certain year in music with the Album, Record, Song of the year in mind? 

It look great on paper, but it's something you most probably forget.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.