Who will snatch AOTY - Cowboy Carter or Tortured Poet?

1000 forms of queer

Will Bey FINALLY snatch AOTY this time?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Or will Tay snatch?

• Beyonce - Cowboy Carter
    • Taylor Swift - Tortured Poet's Department

We know how this goes.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• 1000 forms of queer

• Roger21

• Feanor

Neither are winning. They won't give Taylor AOTY back to back without a strong narrative. Fearless was an underdog story with the writing talent to back it up. 1989 was the switch genres completely story with the success. Midnights was the Eras Tour + Midnights success put together. That was unprecedented in the streaming era. TTPD will need to shift the industry for them to consider.

Beyoncé is simply so beyond the AOTY that they won't give it to here. CC is absolutely epic. It's another  amazing re-invention with the quality to back it BUT, they've clearly shown that they simply believe that Beyoncé is not AOTY deserving for various petty reasons. 

Hoping that Ariana pulls off an upset 🤞🏼

• Like 1

neither, eternal Godshine will.

• Like 1

my bet is on Billie's

They should just give it to bey at this point. I don't think Taylor will win another so soon (she's afterall already the record holder with 4 AOTY wins), unless TTPD is extremely groundbreaking (which I actually feel like it might be). But if you throw Billie into the mix, she might just sweep everything again as how she usually does. We'll see. 

I feel like Poets will be samey as Midnights.

Anyway, it's not a given either one of them will win. It could be another artist.

We know how it'll go but quality wise it should be Bey

When it comes to AOTY, I've learnt not to bet against Taylor or get my hopes up for a Beyoncé victory. TTPD will probably sell like 2 million copies first week. It's like Taylor's 25. I'm not sure if Bey can overcome that. So i'll just say Taylor based on precedence. 

• Like 1

Why are we discussing if an album that's yet to be released will win a Grammy? :dies:

• Haha 4

Taylor has 10 studio albums, not counting re-recordings, extended plays, compilations, alternate covers.

60% have an AOTY nomination, including the last three, Folklore, Evermore and Midnights
40% have an AOTY win, including two of the last three, Folklore and Midnights

No Black woman has won in the last 25 years, including SZA with an album with huge sales and acclaim.

From most to least likely, acclaimed alternative artist or veteran > Billie=Taylor (but they might split the pop vote) > some random we never considered > Beyoncé

• Like 3

None of them tbh since like what everyone said, GRAMMY wont give Taylor 2 win in a row

and aespa is expected to release their full album this year so if GRAMMY isn't truly racist, then they should and will win.

No Asian women has won in the last 25 years, including Ayumi Hamasaki/SNSD/Utada with an album with huge sales and acclaim.

From most to least likely, acclaimed alternative artist or veteran > Billie=Taylor (but they might split the pop vote) > some random we never considered > Beyoncé > Asian artist like aespa/newjeans/JENNIE

Edited by newaespa

Havent heard Tortured Poets yet so no clue but I have to say, this is Beyoncé's best album and I REALLY want her to win. She really needs to push this record because everyone needs to hear it in all its glory imo. I'd be beyond happy if she won if. Taylor also just won her 4th and I really doubt she's be in the running even if Tortured sports turned out to be a magnum opus of sorts so there's that too. I just hope no dark horse ends up randomly snatching it away from either of them lol 

Edited by IBeMe

9 minutes ago, newaespa said:

None of them tbh since like what everyone said, GRAMMY wont give Taylor 2 win in a row

and aespa is expected to release their full album this year so if GRAMMY isn't truly racist, then they should and will win.

No Asian women has won in the last 25 years, including Ayumi Hamasaki/SNSD/Utada with an album with huge sales and acclaim.

From most to least likely, acclaimed alternative artist or veteran > Billie=Taylor (but they might split the pop vote) > some random we never considered > Beyoncé > Asian artist like aespa/newjeans/JENNIE

But they aren't releasing albums in the US…Ayumi Hamasaki's records definetly deserved album of the year in the us if they were in English and released in America…her lyricism and Melodie's were top notch all throughout the 90s and 2000s (even some of her 2010s records were good to imo)

Edited by IBeMe

Lbr I don't want them to give Beyonce the AOTY this year just because of JayZ's speech. Jay'Z's speech sounded very spoiled and entitled - like Bey already got 32 Grammys and is the most awarded in history ya'll are complaining about as if that's not enough?!

It's like them bowing to JayZ's whiny a*s if they give AOTY this year. Bey can win for act iii instead.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Rooting for Beyonce

It's way too soon for a 5th AOTY for Taylor. The backlash would be inevitable at this point

1 hour ago, Taylena said:

Why are we discussing if an album that's yet to be released will win a Grammy? :dies:

Because the quality of the album is not really a detrimental factor in winning the award, as we have seen numerous times in the past. It's more about the narrative :spin:

6 minutes ago, KarmaCat said:

Lbr I don't want them to give Beyonce the AOTY this year just because of JayZ's speech. Jay'Z's speech sounded very spoiled and entitled - like Bey already got 32 Grammys and is the most awarded in history ya'll are complaining about as if that's not enough?!

It's like them bowing to JayZ's whiny a*s if they give AOTY this year. Bey can win for act iii instead.

That's Dumb if the Committee deprives Bey of AOTY for something her Husband did, but I understand what you mean

4 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

The backlash would be inevitable at this point

For a couple of days maybe but she'll be in history books forever. Taylor, get that 5th AOTY win. 

9 minutes ago, Roger21 said:

For a couple of days maybe but she'll be in history books forever. Taylor, get that 5th AOTY win. 

Taylor is literally my fave, but 5 AOTY for one person is just too excessive, especially if she just won literally a year ago. Even Taylor herself would appreciate giving others a chance to win

Andddd. I am 100% confident Taylor will get to her 5th AOTY down the line, so I'm not really worried about her not winning and giving others the chance to win

Edited by aesthetic bih
  • Thanks 1

It's probably going to be Billie.

• Like 1

Neither. 

So much fuss over a trophy that has more to do with politics than music quality lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.