COWBOY CARTER Review Thread | Metacritic - 92

KOMH

31 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

Downvotes have nothing to do with P4K's opinion. Because it is just that, an opinion. The issue is with your assertion that if people disagree, they are lying. That's just a wild assumption that prioritizes external validation (in this case, P4K's review) over a listener's individual connection to the work.

What's wrong is that people are treating Renny like it ain't **** and telling Fat Faizon Lies about CC being perfect when it has more flaws than Renny, which were pointed out in a previous post. Pitchfork gave an accurate rating, and didn't allow stanning to influence it. When act iii drops y'all are going to **** on CC and discredit it to prop it up, even if it's not better than CC. I can see it from a mile away. 

Edited by PurpleAfrodyte
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• PurpleAfrodyte

• suburbannature

• chaeyonce

Secondly, these reviews won't help CC win AOTY either, sadly. Acclaim doesn't matter as much to them. 

• Thumbs Down 2

On 3/28/2024 at 3:51 PM, DLW said:

I have the feeling it will be between 75-85

spacer.png

We are def doing 90+ 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PurpleAfrodyte said:

Secondly, these reviews won't help CC win AOTY either, sadly. Acclaim doesn't matter as much to them. 

Obviously lol, otherwise she'd have like 3 AOTY's. It's a nice flex tho to be a critically acclaimed QUEEN :bird:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PurpleAfrodyte said:

What's wrong is that people are treating Renny like it ain't **** and telling Fat Faizon Lies about CC being perfect when it has more flaws than Renny, which were pointed out in a previous post. Pitchfork gave an accurate rating, and didn't allow stanning to influence it. When act iii drops y'all are going to **** on CC and discredit it to prop it up, even if it's not better than it. I can see it from a mile away. 

I can see how that would be frustrating. There definitely might be some recency bias at play for some. But don't group all of us into that category. Some of us still have the utmost respect for REN. That doesn't change if our connection with CC is a bit stronger. 

Edited by Tripthelight
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, V$. said:

93 now :gayoncecat3:

It's still showing 91 after 6 reviews. 

• Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, redsbae said:

Obviously lol, otherwise she'd have like 3 AOTY's. It's a nice flex tho to be a critically acclaimed QUEEN :bird:

I've given up with them. And honestly, I would love for Bey to finally give them the middle finger. She doesn't need them. They need her. 

12 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

I can see how that would be frustrating. There definitely might be some recency bias at play for some. But don't group all of us into that category. Some of us still have the upmost respect for REN. That doesn't change if our connection with CC is a bit stronger. 

It also bothers me a little bit when people also try to say that B'Day, 4, or DIL is better than Bey's last 4 albums and downplay what she's doing and continues to do musically. The previous albums were good and were some of my favorites when I was younger, but imo they just don't compare to now. Everyone has their opinion though. 

Edited by PurpleAfrodyte
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, PurpleAfrodyte said:

It's still showing 91 after 6 reviews. 

1711991775402.jpg

• Thanks 2

Accusing peolple of being dishonest because they disagree with you about which album is better is definitely weird

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, chaeyonce said:

Accusing peolple of being dishonest because they disagree with you about which album is better is definitely weird

And getting mad at someone who doesn't agree is weird behavior. You can quote me next time.

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, PurpleAfrodyte said:

And getting mad at someone who doesn't agree is weird behavior. You can quote me next time.

I don't need to quote you, you have been squatting the thread.

Nobody is mad, you are the only one compulsively reacting to every new review coming in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, chaeyonce said:

I don't need to quote you, you have been squatting the thread.

Nobody is mad, you are the only one compulsively reacting to every new review coming in.

I've reacted to P4K, and Rolling Stone. Please stop telling lies about me reacting to every review. I don't have many posts on here period. And You're obviously mad enough to sub post me. Atleast im not afraid to say what I feel even when people disagree. I'm standing on it.

Edited by PurpleAfrodyte
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The girls are mad

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Reviews won't help it win album of the year awards. I dunno why this is even a thread. 

Secondly, All Music, Pitchfork, and The Times have rated Renny higher than CC. That 93 will be lucky to last after 20 reviews.

Edited by PurpleAfrodyte
  • Thumbs Down 8

i do think Renaissance is the better album, but not by much - in fact, I'd argue CC's high are better than Rennie's highs 

And how then Midnights or Harry's House managed to win without absolute critical acclaim? 

CC has a good chance to win

4 minutes ago, PurpleAfrodyte said:

Reviews won't help it win album of the year awards. I dunno why this is even a thread. 

what do you mean? there are always threads for metacritic scores

I wonder what the LA Times score will be. I think that's the only one missing from the ones we've received so far. 

7 minutes ago, PurpleAfrodyte said:

Secondly, All Music, Pitchfork, and The Times have rated Renny higher than CC. That 93 will be lucky to last after 20 reviews.

The coping :ahh: 

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

I wonder what the LA Times score will be. I think that's the only one missing from the ones we've received so far. 

It was added as a 90. Still at 93 with 12 reviews 

Edited by suburbannature
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PurpleAfrodyte said:

Why wouldn't the most acclaimed album of the year have its own review thread? Take your seething elsewhere sis :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.