COWBOY CARTER Review Thread | Metacritic - 92

KOMH

the Consequence writer says it's Bey's best album. how is that review an 83/100?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• PurpleAfrodyte

• suburbannature

• chaeyonce

2 hours ago, kimberly said:

the Consequence writer says it's Bey's best album. how is that review an 83/100?

That proves that Consequence is on some bullshit.

11 minutes ago, hackensucks said:

The review from Consequence only praised the album. The only negative thing they said was one phrase about Levii's Jeans, but everything else was positive. I don't get how it's 83... it could be at least a 90 or 95

Wait how did that glowing review end up as a 83?

RISE 

She has risen :jonny6:

1 minute ago, chaeyonce said:

Wait how did that glowing review end up as a 83?

I don't understand either. It's extremely positive. That's why I hate reviews without score.

5 minutes ago, kimberly said:

This was probably a mistake by Metacritic. They've made them before and the Beyhive would email them to correct it and they did (for Lemonade). I would advise emailing MC. They will correct it if enough people contact them.

Edited by Teezy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Teezy said:

This was probably a mistake by Metacritic. They've made them before and the Beyhive would email them to correct it and they did (for Lemonade).

How do I email them? Cause :coffee2:

5 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Somebody should ask her if 83 is the correct score 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Teezy said:

This was probably a mistake by Metacritic. They've made them before and the Beyhive would email them to correct it and they did (for Lemonade).

let's pull out our emails then. because I just went to check and yeah, they gave Lemonade a 100 and Renaissance a 91.

calling COWBOY CARTER "her best album" while scoring it 17 points below Lemonade is crazy.

1 minute ago, chaeyonce said:

How do I email them? Cause :coffee2:

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

let's pull out our emails then. because I just went to check and yeah, they gave Lemonade a 100 and Renaissance a 91.

calling COWBOY CARTER "her best album" while scoring it 17 points below Lemonade is crazy.

I would start here: https://metacritichelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm emailing them now, too. And yall can also reach out to the reviewer on X and let them know.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Those reviews are from different writers

3 minutes ago, hackensucks said:

Those reviews are from different writers

I know, that doesn't matter. It's a representation of the outlet. Looks inconsistent and randomized. We're not playing reviewer roulette over here.

A glowing review + "her best album" --> score lower than her last 2 albums. It doesn't add up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I know, that doesn't matter. It's a representation of the outlet. Looks inconsistent and randomized. We're not playing reviewer roulette over here.

A glowing review + "her best album" --> score lower than her last 2 albums. It doesn't add up.

I think it matters, because in the end it's the opinion of the person who is writing the review that counts. For example, if she thought the album was worth a 90 and still said it's Beyoncé's best, it doesn't matter if another person gave Lemonade a 100. Unfortunately the writers from the magazines don't care about previous scores given by another reviewer. 

Anyway, I don't think her review seems like 83. 

90+ is more consistent with the text. 

Just now, hackensucks said:

I think it matters, because in the end it's the opinion of the person who is writing the review that counts. For example, if she thought the album was worth a 90 and still said it's Beyoncé's best, it doesn't matter if another person gave Lemonade a 100. Unfortunately the writers from the magazines don't care about previous scores given by another reviewer. 

it reflects badly on the outlet and diminishes their credibility as a consistent and trustworthy music review outlet.

like, say I'm a reader deciding what albums to check out based on Consequence reviews. I might miss out on "Beyoncé's best album" because their reviewer randomly decided to give it an 83 despite claiming that.

I think the text of the reviews are totally fair game to present your individual takes, but the numeric scale should have at least some integrity across the board.

I asked her on X, lets see

it reflects badly on the outlet and diminishes their credibility as a consistent and trustworthy music review outlet.

like, say I'm a reader deciding what albums to check out based on Consequence reviews. I might miss out on "Beyoncé's best album" because their reviewer randomly decided to give it an 83 despite claiming that.

I think the text of the reviews are totally fair game to present your individual takes, but the numeric scale should have at least some integrity across the board.

I agree with what you're saying, but the reality is not that. In the end, the last word is from her and if she says it's an 83, it's going to be 83. But I don't think it's her opinion anyway... I see that as a MC mistake and hope it gets fixed. If she answers somebody on twitter clarifying the score it'll be amazing. I was hoping for 100/100

93? Holy vuck. She will never lose. Never! And deserved. :WAP:

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

anyone checked on Purple?

gretchen-personagem.gif

They got thread banned. Poor it.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

UNIVERSAL ACCLAIM :gayoncecat3:

Oh wow she won again :jonnycat:

To be honest, I do think 93 is a biT high for this from purely a quality standpoint, but I do think it deserves the score for the quality + ambition seen on this record. 

Quality wise, I would say it's around 87-89 but the way she's reinventing herself and reimagining an entire genre definitely deserves to give her a few extra points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.