Is this the biggest fumble a MPG ever had for an era?

Josh

One of the worst single choices a MPG ever made

I like Adore You tbh. It's a cute song 

• Like 4

One of. Desperately needed to be Drive. Not to mention the video was so predictable too. I completely guessed the video of her next single was going to be mimicking a sex tape months in advance. And at this point everyone was tired of her hypersexualized image and had started moving on :deadbanana4: 

Edited by LustSpell
  • Like 1

I guess she ran out of ideas by the third single

Yes. She should have released FU as the third single. That was a surefire smash for her. 

Then maybe #GETITRIGHT for the fourth single during Summer. 

yea there were some other smashes left on the album but Adore You is cute. The video is just boring tho

Should've been 4th or 5th single. It's still 4x Platinum though I believe. 

It made perfect sense at the time, it was the best performing non-single and it could've helped tone down her over-the-top and raunchy image that was turning people off. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

no it's a gem and was the perfect winter song

9 minutes ago, Aaron said:

It made perfect sense at the time, it was the best performing non-single and it could've helped tone down her over-the-top and raunchy image that was turning people off

By making a video of her flicking the bean?

• Thanks 1

What? Adore You is a great song :biblio:

I remember being sooo shocked a decade ago when I discovered they chose it as the third singl:rip:

3 minutes ago, Lamb4life said:

By making a video of her flicking the bean?

Hence why I said could've, the gross video obviously derailed what little momentum the song had

Someone here once said that Adore You was the first time people went from "can't believe Miley did that!" to "oh, of course Miley did this" and I agree with them. Adore You is a gorgeous song, but it should've been released as a cute 5th single instead of the follow-up for Wrecking Ball. 

To make things worse, she didn't even fight for this song. She never performed it on TV, back when traditional promo was still the main promotional tool. Some people say that the era was doomed after that, but I disagree. I still think they could've keep it going by releasing a strong 4th single.

Edited by Scars

she should've went with Do My Thang -> Rooting For My Baby -> 4X4 or #GETITRIGHT

Adore You is giving promo single during or before album release week

only good thing from this being single is this bop.

ot: birthday???

one of, and CAMILA CABELLO with CONSEQUENCES

Adore You is a great song, but definitely not the right single after WCS and WB

The song was doing great on itunes before it became an official single. It made sense they went with it. The underwhelming music video ruined it, WCS and WB had great videos that played a huge part on the songs' success.

Miley's single choices are always bizarre. Adore you gives like... 5th single 

FU, #GetItRight or Do My Thang Should've been released. She actually had Urban Radio Airplay that era and should've capitalized on it. Oh well dklvj;ld

Mariah single-handedly ending the Emancipation run/goodwill making Bye Bye a single when Migrate was right there :rip: 

Kelly Clarkson releasing My December when she could have easily another Breakaway era with My Life Would Suck Without You

• Thumbs Down 1

Ariana Grande pushing 34+35 immediately upon the release of Positions instead of letting the GP decide the second single. POV was performing way better than 34+35.

And then proceeding to not releasing a music video for POV when it was stalling at #29-27 for some weeks 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.