Underrated Gems: Albums That Deserved More Recognition

The Pop Hub

In the vast universe of music, amidst chart-toppers and viral sensations, lie hidden treasures—albums of exceptional quality that, for one reason or another, didn't capture the spotlight they deserved. Whether overshadowed by more mainstream releases, lacking sufficient promotion, or simply ahead of their time, these works remain underappreciated by the wider public.

Share your favorite underrated albums, discuss what makes them stand out, and let's give them the recognition they missed out on.

Here are some albums that I would like to start off with: 

- Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine

- St. Vincent - Marry Me

- Robyn - Body Talk

- Sky Ferreira - Night Time, My Time

- Tinashe - Nightride

- Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion

- Kali Uchis - Isolation

- Charli XCX - Pop 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Need Bittersweet to get the Murder treatment. :jonny:

• Like 5

Woodkid - The Golden Age

Loïc Nottet - Selfocracy 

Men are always going to be more underrated on this website compared to women (and rightfully so), but these two are exceptional records. Excellent writing, excellent production work, excellent voices. I very much recommand. :clap3:

Demi's Here We Go Again (overshadowed by Don't Forget and completely forgotten tho HWGA is much better)

Everything by Mylene Farmer (la reina deserves a spotlight in anglosphere like c'mon je te rends ton amour alone>>>)

Xtina's Aguilera 2022 is actually really good and people go too harsh on it

Madonna's Hard Candy (y'all are not ready for this talk...)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

Demi's Here We Go Again (overshadowed by Don't Forget and completely forgotten tho HWGA is much better)

Everything by Mylene Farmer (la reina deserves a spotlight in anglosphere like c'mon je te rends ton amour alone>>>)

Xtina's Aguilera 2022 is actually really good and people go too harsh on it

Madonna's Hard Candy (y'all are not ready for this talk...)

Oh I COMPLETELY agree! Especially the song with 8x Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton :gaycatina1:

9 minutes ago, The Pop Hub said:

Oh I COMPLETELY agree! Especially the song with 8x Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton :gaycatina1:

You have mistaken it with Liberation :suburban: i was talking about her last spanish language album see xtina, that's what happens when you are too lazy to give your records proper titles

Edited by TitanicSurvivor

Just now, TitanicSurvivor said:

You have mistaken it with Liberation :suburban: i was talking about her recent spanish language album 

oh... my bad. sorry i don't care for spanish music

Alicia, by Alicia Keys it's a great album, she deserved better on that era, Time Machine is an extraordinry song.

• Like 1

Many people probably have heard "Almost Lover" as it was pretty popular in the past, but this album is truly magical. 

• Like 1

These are as good as, if not better than, all of the "perfect pop albums" ATRL stans (Emotion, 1989, Future Nostalgia, etc). 

1200x1200bb.jpg

Save Room For Us - Touch & Go - Perfect Crime - Link Up - Cash Race - Hopscotch - Know Better the amount of hits that could've been :jonny3:

• Like 5

Familia by Camila Cabello: A really good project. I genuinely love every song on it.

Robyn's self-titled, which is MILES better than Body Talk. No Skips!

Damita Jo by Janet Jackson: Overshadowed by the Super Bowl controversy but still deserves to be in the conversation for one of her best albums. 

Every album by Ryan Beatty. He deserves to be more popular :weeps: Boy in Jeans is easily my favourite album of all time. We need more mainstream gay pop stars!

Edited by Darn Tootin
  • Like 1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TitanicSurvivor said:

You chose to speak and spit FACTS. La reina INDEED. Nobody can top her even in her 60s.

• Thanks 1

From this year, so far:

Most songs are under 600,000 plays.

This used to be my favorite band. This is probably their most mainstream release, from 2011. Most songs are under 300,000 plays:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, byzantium said:

At first it sounded flat and generic but when it hit it HIT

.When you love someone & what if are 10/10 tracks. They sound straight out of the 2000's high school vibe which I LOVE

32 minutes ago, Jimmy. said:

I liked the singles a bit but couldn't get into the album. I should listen again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.