Do you need to be kind/have class to become a legend?

nostalgia

Does a popgirl need to embody kindness and class to secure legendary status?

While these attributes can undoubtedly enhance a performer's appeal, their absence doesn't preclude the attainment of legendary status. Cher and Christina Aguilera serve as prime examples; while they haven't consistently projected an image of kindness, their impact on pop culture is undeniable. However, it's essential to acknowledge that public perception plays a significant role in determining a popstar's legacy.

Kindness, or the lack thereof, can influence how the general public views an artist. Those who consistently demonstrate kindness and grace may enjoy a more favorable reputation among fans, which could contribute to their status as legends.

Conversely, perceived unkindness or controversy can tarnish a popstar's image and potentially hinder their path to legendary status, despite their talents and achievements.

Ultimately, does kindness and class have a factor in a securing a pop star's legacy in the eyes of the GeePee?

mamajanky-janet-jackson.gif

Edited by nostalgia

Hmm, not necessarily. Aretha could be quite nasty towards other ladies in the industry but she's still a legend and very respected. But she had the talent to back it up so nobody would dare call her out on it.

So I'd say you're talented enough you can get away with not being a nice person.

• Like 5

No, you just need hits and longevity 

• Like 1

Aretha Franklin. /Endthread

• Like 1

The OP is unreadable so I don't know if we're talking about the same thing or no but I kinda feel like we've progressed and now in the social media age you need to be at least a decent human being to become a legend. Madonna's nasty ass lucked out, same with Aretha.

tumblr_8792fca985cf209400033b905970700a_f9c38e6b_540.thumb.gif.4cac5d95f17a433a554829dcc6374814.gif

there was no cancel culture before so now yeah you have to be kind too

nowadays because of social media, yeah...

especially for women

do one problematic thing and it can spread like wildfire and all of sudden no one likes u anymore

i still see **** bringing up the natalia kills new zealand x factor **** and it's been like 10 years lmao (not that she was gonna be a legend or anything but still) lmao

What Janet does doesn't have any class to it. Miss "I have to moan orgasmically on every song I do" if you're nasty needs to sit the **** down. 

No but I think if you're nasty behind the scenes and burn bridges with industry professionals, it might come back to bite. See Christina Aguilera and her decades long irrelevance.

No, Xtina proved you don't have to be kind, classy or successful to become  a "legend".

Many people here confuse being Good with being Nice. The majority of Divas in history are good people who are also talented, self-assured and confident. They had to be to make it to the top and not be eaten up in the process. Barbara Stressed, Madonna, Janis, Aretha, Mariah all fit this and many more.

Edited by toxicgenie
  • Like 1

Aretha Franklin was so shady but in a way that Nobody does nowadays 

you NEED to have charisma

with enough charisma and legendary status you can getaway w being nasty, no matter the era

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.