Did Eternal Sunshine Need Savan Kotecha?

PatrickGray.12

Eternal Sunshine is the first album where Ariana didn't have Savan Kotecha as a co writer while collaborating with Max Martin and Ilya Salmanzadeh. Is he missed or was he not needed for the album?

100% yes. Based on his track record, I would be intrigued to hear what he would have tweaked about "Don't Wanna Break Up Again" and "Imperfect For You", as those are the only songs on the project I haven't connected with yet that I've put effort into connecting with.

While the cohesion of the project is the biggest blessing, it is also the biggest curse. One more dark, clubby "kiss-off" track production-wise (like their previous Ari x Max x Ilya x Savan collaboration "How I Look On You") near the end of the project would've been great.

It turned out to be an amazing album, so technically, no, but not because he would've ruined it or anything.

• Like 1

It just needed fantasize (which was co-written/produced by him) to be a 10/10 but for now, it's just a 9/10 and it's OK. :bird:

• Thumbs Down 1

no i think the album is fine as is, im sure they'll reunite on ag8 in the future though

• Like 1

I think every album needs Savan Kotecha 

We were able to see ariana's full songwriting potential with eternal sunshine but I'd be okay seeing Savan on ag8

Not really, maybe with him they could've elevated one or two songs, or maybe they could've cooked another few great tracks 

the album was great without him, but he would'nt  have ruined it either 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.