Spotify Day 10: Shakira's 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran' 5.9M(-874k)

Nefertiti0

17 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

The song was no it. People clearly had most of the album already and didn't check the rest of the songs without a good new one to pull them in

Can't agree more

She should've released the album after TQG last year because that's also her song. Now Karol G is the one who takes all the benefits from the single.

Doing interviews on The Times in the UK is poem to a horse! British doesn't listen to Spanish music.

Her lazy ass team pushed her to do collabs with this and that local artists. That's crazy. Why would she need to help those artists' careers? That turned her from an album artist to a single artist. I can still say she's an album artist during Shakira era. Starting from El Dorado, everything is wrong but luckily it didn't flop (well, this album does 5.4M sales but if all these don't change. The quality of her music will keep going down.)

She deserves to flop. The big problem is Spanish speaking countries are not at the back of this album like what they were. Spain, Mexico, Argentina specifically! How can she chart at 22 on Spotify artists Argentina on the album release day?

Her team is the one to blame

• Like 3

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Ck.cR

• GeeDuval

• SoldierofLove

#124 (-37) Puntería 1,493,374 (-424,797)

:clack:

• Like 1

Day 2:
Global
#124(-37) Punteria - 1,493,374(-424,797)
#158(+24) TQG - 1,361,270(-14,384)

US
#153(-59) Punteria - 370,219(-137,469)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Puntería is a flop...

Wow everything about this flops

such a waste but at least she had 2 top 10 songs on hot 100

Can't be surprised. It's what happens when you release a playlist instead of an album.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, KOMH said:

Latin/Spanish female debuts

#1. "MAÑANA SERÁ BONITO" - 35,7M
#2. "MAÑANA SERÁ BONITO (BICHOTA SEASON)" - 18,7M

#3. "Escândalo Íntimo" - 17,1M

#4. "Motomami" — 16,3M

#5. "LMYNL" — 13,4M

#6. "Orquideas" — 13,2M

#1001. AGUILERA - 519K

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

#1001. AGUILERA - 519K

You know what to do :khalyan:

• Haha 1

Welp. It looks like Shakira and her team fumbled both the single and album launch. Too many singles and too many delays. 

Also, for a collab with Cardi B, that music video was super tame and not exciting. Every scene with them together just involved them sitting down. :rip:

6 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Day 2:
Global
#124(-37) Punteria - 1,493,374(-424,797)
#158(+24) TQG - 1,361,270(-14,384)

US
#153(-59) Punteria - 370,219(-137,469)

What 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Next album please!

• Haha 1

Day 2: 10,943,503(-2,539,988)

Puntería x Cardi B 1 526 637 -427 222 -21,87%
La Fuerte x Bizarrap 705 690 -334 789 -32,18%
Tiempo Sin Verte 442 476 -235 735 -34,76%
Cohete x Rauw Alejandro 950 764 -280 644 -22,79%
(Entre Paréntesis) x Grupo Frontera 968 494 -66 394 -6,42%
Cómo Dónde y Cuándo 441 361 -200 227 -31,21%
Nassau 411 410 -180 743 -30,52%
Última 498 966 -173 035 -25,75%
Te Felicito x Rauw Alejandro 608 460 -112 255 -15,58%
Monotonía x Ozuna 577 825 -96 068 -14,26%
Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53 827 802 -59 957 -6,75%
TQG x Karol G 1 362 220 -14 361 -1,04%
Acróstico x Milan + Sasha 422 219 -72 146 -14,59%
Copa Vacía x Manuel Turizo 408 743 -73 737 -15,28%
El Jefe x Fuerza Regida 410 113 -57 067 -12,22%
Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53 (Tiësto Remix) 208 622 -88 570 -29,80%
Punteria (Vinyl Version) 171 701 -67 038 -28,08%

Not surprised that Puntería is doing bad since it's a generic song.

Also not the album doing Kali Uchis numbers, she's nothing now without the features and she should be grateful that people were invested in the divorce drama to pay attention to the album.

This era feels like a non-event like where are the hits and looks mama?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Also not the album doing Kali Uchis numbers, she's nothing now without the features and she should be grateful that people were invested in the divorce drama to pay attention to the album.

Hahaha you really think half of her collaborations pulled numbers because of the c listers from Sony she collaborated with? You thought you did something didn't you? :gaycat5:

non-event ? Feels like a regular album roll out to me, very similar to her last album.

i mean I've seen a couple of Atrl faves invest in promo, playlist, looks like you mentioned and failed miserably. I'm sure she will do just fine this era. 

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

It's Bizarrap asked her to do a collar. Karol G postponed her album in order to include TQG.

Get your facts right.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, shakeyourbombom said:

It's Bizarrap asked her to do a collar. Karol G postponed her album in order to include TQG.

Get your facts right.

delayed cause she tried a second time presenting a song to shak and she liked TQG. 

so shak asked her to hold off on album release and include tqg wasn't that the story?

Edited by GeeDuval

Shakira fumbled her momentum, she should've dropped it the album last summer, when people were invested in the Pique drama 

• Like 1

she's like 4 years late with the sound of this song sadly. It would have smashed back in 2020 or something but people are almost fully moving away from the synthy disco pop sound

2 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

Hahaha you really think half of her collaborations pulled numbers because of the c listers from Sony she collaborated with? You thought you did something didn't you? :gaycat5:

non-event ? Feels like a regular album roll out to me, very similar to her last album.

i mean I've seen a couple of Atrl faves invest in promo, playlist, looks like you mentioned and failed miserably. I'm sure she will do just fine this era. 

Karol G, Raw Alejandro and Bizzarap are C listers now?

:khalyan:

extremely stable, which is a good sign (for better or worse)

:khalyan:

3 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

I love Shaki, but she definitely benefited from

the collabs with Rauw, Karol and Bizzarap. C list where?

1 minute ago, Bhabylon said:

I love Shaki, but she definitely benefited from

the collabs with Rauw, Karol and Bizzarap. C list where?

You act like rauw is known to pull narcissist bunny numbers. (Love him, but he's on the same category as ozuna and prince Royce come on now)

53 is a solo hit that was produced by biza and benefited from the drama and lyrics, not because of bizarrap

tqg all thanks to both being from Colombia+breakup drama+ this being Shakira's first female Latin collab, lets not get cocky now cause wasn't this Karol's first global smash? 

It helped that Karol is the it latin girl now yes and pulls great numbers, but to fully credit Karol in all of this is a bit much. prior to her album she was still pulling decent number on par with Rosalia.

credit where it's due but let's not get cocky now.

wasn't calling Karol nor bizarrap c listers, was generally speaking because people Here act like she's collaborating with adele, The Weeknd, etc. or big names in the Latin industry when she pulls some decent numbers and they go "it was def because so so and so"

• Like 1

she still benefited from the collabs more than the other artists she collabed with though

• Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

she still benefited from the collabs more than the other artists she collabed with though

Do you really think Shakira won't get a hit if she release a diss without Bizarrap?

It's delusional if you think the other way. That song will be a hit anytime, with or without Bizarrap.

He got his first top 10s in the US and highest charting in many other countries, same as Karol G.

Edited by shakeyourbombom

10 hours ago, Anticipating said:

#1001. AGUILERA - 519K

Imagine having an avatar and post history dedicated to someone you allegedly hate lmaoo. Please contact Better Help and keep this thread on topic.

Anyway, wow. Cardi is really struggling rn.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.