Spotify Day 10: Shakira's 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran' 5.9M(-874k)

Nefertiti0

9 minutes ago, Shelter said:

The only song that charted? Ouch 

TQG with Karol G re-entered Global Spotify at #182(1,375,654 streams)

• Like 1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• Ck.cR

• GeeDuval

• SoldierofLove

Even if the rest of the tracks did 1M, the album is doing 20M at max. That's half of Renaissance, and Beyoncé was coming off The Gift and had been dragged endlessly for being a "streaming poison". 

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well :rip: And here I thought this had a shot at a #1 (or at least top 10) debut..

She did the same thing Billie did with HTE. Waste all hype releasing WAY too many random singles.

Pre-Release Singles/Tracks:

Monotonia 

Vol. 53

TQG

Acrostico

Copa Vacia

El Jefe

She either should have just enjoyed her year after TQG and let hype build for release of an album or released the/an album after TQG.

It's just been a terrible rollout and all hype she generated last year was destroyed by too many average releases. There are MUCH better songs on the album than the ones she released last year after TQG

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Even if the rest of the tracks did 1M, the album is doing 20M at max. That's half of Renaissance, and Beyoncé was coming off The Gift and had been dragged endlessly for being a "streaming poison". 

She did around 10m max. She's #15 on global artist charts, the diff between her streams yesterday and yesterday's #15 is about 10m.

5 minutes ago, prettyinpink940 said:

Well :rip: And here I thought this had a shot at a #1 (or at least top 10) debut..

A shot at #1 with a new Future and Metro Boomin album? :rip:

• Haha 1

Terrible. But in their defense, the song doesn't sound that great

• Haha 4

Good taste won, the music isn't it. :ducky:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Shakira can't even save Cardi :rip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelter said:

The only song that charted? Ouch 

Isn't it interesting that some want to blame Cardi when it's the only new Shakira song that charted and in the US Cardi's recent song got more streams solo. Me thinks Cardi is a scapegoat.

The song is cute and I love the album.

That said, I get why some are saying Shakira doesn't have the break up hype that helped her last year or so but she also is in her legacy era so Shakira remains a legend. Punteria remains a bop. It'll probably do ok on radio and in clubs but it's nothing fresh to make people want to embrace it on a daily (that's what's needed in the streaming era)...it'll remain on my spring playlist though:WAP:

Edited by slw84
  • Thanks 2

This is her Dare (La La La), her La La La is coming

• Haha 2

This is clearly a Cardi problem plus waiting too much for the album drop 

Cardi has 0 following in Latam and she isn't doing much better in the US either 

Any big latin artists would have helped more 

The album should have been released right after the session as the focus single. 

2 hours ago, Jude said:

I just saw the MV is only at 3.3M views. Isn't that very low for a huge Latin artist? :doc:

Actually yes. What happened? :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Shakira stans told me she's 1000x bigger than Beyoncé and much more global too, so I'm very confused right now!

This Kiss Me More and Todo De Ti sound is dated, she should've released the album with something different like Tiempo Sin Verte or CDyC and then end the era with Ultima, I'm sure people will love that ballad.

• Like 1

She completely wasted all the hype she had last year. And this is too similar to Doja & SZA so very deserving flop tbh

• Thanks 1

you guys truly spare no one :rip:this is a woman that debuted in 1995

• Like 4

Are lil Monsters still begging for that CardiGaga collab now? :foxaylove3:

12 minutes ago, Mocha said:

you guys truly spare no one :rip:this is a woman that debuted in 1995

She has 2 songs that will pass 1B streams this year that were released last year and people are acting like her career is in shambles :rip: 

• Like 8

I listened to it expecting some cunty latin bop but instead it's a dated cheesy dancepop song and Cardi doesn't even rap? Like what was the whole purpose of this collab

• Like 3

Shakiras a legend, and she has 2 huge hits to her name from last year…..but anyone suggesting she is bigger than Beyonce needs to SIT

• Like 2

Shaki took too much time to release the album :giraffe: imagine havin all those smashes singles and conversation and wasting it.  We all knew her hype wouldnt be the same.  This was so predictable.

I dont think the problem is Punteria. There's no real single material in the album :gaycat3: all the songs are good or really good but theyre very edm or rock infused and that type of songs dont do that well in latinoamerica???  Bizarrap is not that big anymore. What type of music is trendy in Latinoamerica in the moment? i feel like our latino landscape its in such a weird state now.

If Shakira wanted another hit she needed a strong Bad Bunny collab (even if bad bunny is a flop now both have enough power to smash together) or something with Peso Pluma.  Punteria is cutesy and too pop.  Her playlist reach is also awful. Yesterday i put a picture from her TEAM fuckin everything in the official shakira thread.  SONY Music Latin is a big mess. Theyre even messin up her social media reach with bad decisions.

I seen great reviews from the album all over social media but a lot of people were turned off by the huge amount of collabs / all the songs already released stacked there / lack of english songs / too short / the fights with the karol g fans. 

:clack: 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

And it was a cute song too :/

also, Why yall dragging Shakira like she is over?

She had several singles outdoing yalls expectations before this one :ahh:

1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Isn't it interesting that some want to blame Cardi when it's the only new Shakira song that charted and in the US Cardi's recent song got more streams solo. Me thinks Cardi is a scapegoat.

The song is cute and I love the album.

That said, I get why some are saying Shakira doesn't have the break up hype that helped her last year or so but she also is in her legacy era so Shakira remains a legend. Punteria remains a bop. It'll probably do ok on radio and in clubs but it's nothing fresh to make people want to embrace it on a daily (that's what's needed in the streaming era)...it'll remain on my spring playlist though:WAP:

The song had a video and was on TTH, I'm pretty sure that promo got it charting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.