Kate Middleton announces that she is battling cancer

BOOM!

Wishing her a quick recovery! 

So scary how this disease is so prominent now. I hope they find a cure for it. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• liquiddiamonds

• Burn

• dillan

39 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

The UK media will never learn, this is gross, the way they forced her to announce this very private matter publicly. How are you guys feeling now after joking that she got a BBL or whatever other disgusting thing you said about this woman these past months?

Shame on each single one of you.

well, the bbl thing was obviously a joke. the speculations about cancer, divorce or dv were indeed problematic

Poor woman I feel for her, hope she recovers 

Something needs to be done about conspiracy theorists and such. The internet has amplified this use

It's inhumane for her to be going through this and on too of that and deals with the unnecessary ****

OMG NOOO :cries: 

I hope she gets better and can recover from this

Cancer is a terrible disease, no family should ever have to go through it :cries:

I hope she makes a healthy and speedy recovery :heart:

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

I wish her well and a full recovery. It's always heartbreaking to see someone so young being diagnosed.

Now that we know the truth ofc the jokes and conspiracies look silly, but it was the palace's fault for their lack of transparency. Why couldn't they just say so earlier instead of all those weird PR moves like the photoshopped photo to pretend everything was fine. The royal family are not like regular celebrities, they are naturally under heavier scrutiny and need to have better communication. 

1 hour ago, Kamil24 said:

Why are you all feeling bad for the conspiracies and jokes? For a family that is funded by tax-payers, they could have been honest from the beginning instead of releasing fake photoshopped images. It's their own fault.

It's being said in the press that they waited until today to announce it because today their children are starting Easter break from school and they didn't want them to have to hear about this at school before they had the time to understand and process it themselves.

Sure, the Mother's Day photo shouldn't have happened and could have been handled better, but the conspiracies and quite frankly, the glee and enjoyment that people have been taking from all the speculation about this is vile, when anyone with common sense could tell that they weren't addressing it because she was privately dealing with a serious health issue and wasn't ready to address it publicly yet. Yes, the royal family have to expect a certain level of scrutiny and are funded by the tax payer, but whether you like it or not, their status and funding doesn't depend on them being obliged to tell us about health issues they are dealing with.

By no means am I a royalist, but I do find it kind of ironic that so many people criticise the tabloid media for how they harassed and hounded Diana until the day she died (and beyond), but now the public have replaced the tabloids and are doing essentially the same kind of harassment to Kate, and then come up with all sorts of excuses and justifications for why it's okay this time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Y'all were dragging this poor woman a week ago just because she wanted to keep her medical issues private. :shakeno:

This is so misleading. It was a minority of people making unbelievable and insensitive jokes about her doing things like getting a BBL. Most people were not dragging Kate "just because she wanted to keep her medical issues private.” They weren't complaining about Kate at all actually. They were complaining about the palace and the media who were clearly pushing obvious lies. They threw Kate under the bus for the photoshopped picture which she obviously didn't photoshop. The media pushed a video of "Kate and William" going shopping which, given her diagnosis and other evidence, was not in fact a video of Kate and William. It was these lies that brought all of the attention on to Kate, and the public had every right to point out and question the lies being feed to them by the palace and the press. Most people were not bothering Kate and they were letting her recover in peace until the palace botched the PR in a very irresponsible manner. And it isn't the fault of regular people for demanding truth after being clearly lied too by people in power.

My thoughts go out to Princess Catherine and her family and I wish her a speedy recovery. :heart2:

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Someone I knew just recently passed away from cancer and it's a really sad thing watching the impact it has on their life. Really hoping her treatments are successful and that she can live a fairly normal life.

omg I was so worried this would be it :(  this is heartbreaking 

Wow this unraveled in the worst way possible. 

Wishing her a speedy recovery

1 hour ago, SinnerCity said:

The UK media will never learn, this is gross, the way they forced her to announce this very private matter publicly. How are you guys feeling now after joking that she got a BBL or whatever other disgusting thing you said about this woman these past months?

Chill. There are million of people around the world battling cancer alone or with minimal or no support at all. Kate is wealthy and has access to the best health care possible, and we're all here wishing her nothing but the best. Point fingers to the Palace who handled the situation in the worst way possible. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

gosh the royal family pr team handled this in the worst way possible 

had anyone known it was this serious i can assure you no one would've joked about it :dancehall:

It's not your business to know! That's the problem in the first place. 

• Like 3

omg i hope it's not pancreatic

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

I think everyone with common sense knew it will be some serious heath issue :/

i mean not really! the way they handled it seemed like something they could keep hiding away from

a diagnosis this tragic from a public figure should be handled quickly and carefully just like charles', they handled hers like some random magazine gossip 

:michael:

• Thumbs Down 2

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

This is why you don't make jokes about situations you have no understanding off, I hope she is able to recover and I hope her family finally get some privacy.

It was always obvious she was going through something and yet everyone had to FORCE her to reveal her own incredibly private and scary health concerns. Shame on all conspiracists. 

45 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

To be honest, at this point it's not really the media, it's the public. The British press, at least the tabloid press, throughout this has completely followed the official narrative that was being given by the palace. Post-Diana, the British press is essentially an extension of the palace PR. The British press can't even publish paparazzi photographs of the senior royals without permission, which is why the picture of Kate in the car from weeks ago wasn't published by any British media outlets. I would guess that there are many journalists who have been aware of Kate's illness for weeks but haven't revealed it in the press.

The good thing is that this gives more attention to cancer and hopefully convince people to go to their yearly cancer screening. Wish her all the best. Cancer sucks.

3 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

they just interrupted my March Madness game to say this 

You are garbage.

• Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

i mean not really! the way they handled it seemed like something they could keep hiding away from

a diagnosis this tragic from a public figure should be handled quickly and carefully just like charles', they handled hers like some random magazine gossip 

:michael:

Charles is also not father of three young kinds age 10 and under.

I think she had right to privacy and how it was handled from the side of general public was unnecessary at least.

I personally suspected it will be cancer or one other thing. In any case wishing her well.

14 minutes ago, discosean said:

You are garbage.

Sis I don't think they meant what you think they meant. :rip: They're just saying that they saw the news on the TV when they cut away from the March Madness broadcast to announce it.

• Thanks 1

This is very sad. :(

22 minutes ago, dillan said:

Some people will find a way to victimize themselves in every situation :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.